Author Topic: what manga do you own  (Read 32611 times)

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
Re: what manga do you own
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »
Heh, heh, heh... Y'all ready for this?:

1. Absolute Boyfriend 1-6

. . .

79. X/1999 1-18

Which equals:
79 series,
473 mangas!

Impressive!  Our lists even cross over a few times (mostly CLAMP titles X^D ).  I realized that I hadn't counted mine in a while, and it turns out that I have 70 titles, and 304 individual volumes.  =^O

E^D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2009, 12:35:16 PM »
I managed to find volumes 5, 6 and 9 of Fist of the north star master versions, much better than watching the anime

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
After watching the series, I bought myself volumes 1 and 7 of ouran host club, and it was well worth the buy, just curiosty but how many volumes are their

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2009, 02:12:19 PM »
^12 and still going.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »
in aus, the books come out earlier. Up to 13 and possibly 14.
Currently there are 73 chapters out, with still qite a while to go.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2009, 03:55:50 PM »
Heh... Since I have the internet now I'm able to order stuff online, which means I can order smutty manga I'd be too ashamed to get in person. My first is a manga called The Loudest Whisper. I haven't finished it yet but here's what's happened so far:

Two guys are BFFs at an all boys school. The other boys are like "Hey, you two would make a cute couple!" and so the MCs in this story are like "Let's try dating for fun!". After a game of rock-papers-scissors it's decided who the "girl" in the relationship is. Later on one of the boys reveals to another buddy that he thinks he has feelings for the BFF and the other guy's like "Seriously?! OMG, I didn't know you were gay! I am too so now I'm gonna try raping you!". Luckily, the guy's BFF comes in and is like "Don't touch my bitch!" and saves him. That's all I've read but I've paged through it and I find it hard to believe there's that much of a certain fluid in the human body.

EDIT: Dad walks in on them. Let's just leave it at that.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:07:09 AM by Mad Hatteress »

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2009, 12:45:13 PM »
^wtf manga

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2009, 06:31:46 PM »
^ Weird stuff happens in yaoi manga apparently. I'll just stick with tame ones like Fake and Gravitation from now on.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »
Oh, gay manga then, sorry about the wtf, I understand a  bit better

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »
Sorry for the gay remark, I can't say much myself, I am completely addicted to the ouran host club manga, bought myself volumes 2,3,4 and 5 and I must admit it's better than the anime series

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2009, 02:47:07 AM »
^ Yeah it is.

Bought a bunch:
Realbouthighschool4,Orangeplanet1,Ichigo100%1,TheWallflower6,ChiroStarProject1.
And started Happy Mania. Alot of Shojo, 3 of them i bought because of the Mangaka. I saw Higurasi 4 and i regret not getting it. the art in the cotton drifting arc looks alot better.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »
But I have always wondered why Some mangas are better than their anime counterpart versions, just like ouran and excel saga, I prefer the manga over anime with these

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2009, 03:17:37 AM »
in my opinion, what came out first is usually the best. A manga made for an anime wouldn't be as good. But an anime that is thought out for both visual and sound on top of the plot is better. FLCL, toppen toppa and code geass are worth mentioning here.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2009, 06:49:18 PM »
Wow... I hate that I'm a completion junkie. Once a dirty manga is opened it can't be returned and so I bought the second volume of "Loudest Whisper". What happens? Well...

Hiroshi thinks Seichi is cheating on him due to a "We all have secrets to keep" comment so he goes to Seichi's dad crying, to which Seichi replied "Dump my good-for-nothing son! I'll take care of you!". Seichi soon walks in and shouts "I knew it! I knew you were planning on dumping me for my Dad!". Soon enough the miss-understanding is cleared up; it turns out the woman Seichi was with is a real estate agent because he wants the two of them to live together. What was Seichi's secret? He admits to Hiroshi "Since we started going out I only jack off to thoughts of you."

Ain't that sweet? 

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2009, 08:51:15 PM »
Yotsuba&! Vol. 6 is finally (really, it is) available in english.  The series is now being published by Yen Press.  All 5 previous volumes have also been reprinted.

I was very excited when I saw that one, lone copy of Vol. 6 sitting on the shelf in Borders, last week.  Took long enough, but at least it's no longer in licensing limbo.

E^D