Author Topic: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)  (Read 39582 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2009, 11:07:33 AM »
I was okay with those loud Cicadas...

But Seagulls are gonna be plenty irritating. :e_wink:

Seriously, Umineko might be interesting with the all new characters and setting.

Mas

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2009, 04:15:44 AM »

Seriously, Umineko might be interesting with the all new characters and setting.

Oh, trust me, Umineko is worlds better than Higurashi (and I still love Higurashi).

2 months ago I almost failed my exams because I was marathoning the first 3 Umineko episodes instead of studying. It was just so good.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »
Hmm.... perhaps I should check out Umineko then?

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2009, 11:41:36 AM »
2 months ago I almost failed my exams because I was marathoning the first 3 Umineko episodes instead of studying. It was just so good.
Whoa..! Let's keeps those priorities in check!!! :e_wink:

The complete box set of When They Cry was released last week and I picked it up yesterday at HMV. This is a thinpak version with three thin DVD cases containing two discs each, all in a nice small package.

I can't stress enough how much easier it is on a persons wallet to buy a complete series/season like this.. If you can stand the torture of waiting so long for it to happen!

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »
The final episode of the OVA (Higurashi Rei) is out now and subbed... It's pretty ridiculous and funny.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2009, 10:28:58 PM »
Whoa..! Let's keeps those priorities in check!!! :e_wink:

The complete box set of When They Cry was released last week and I picked it up yesterday at HMV. This is a thinpak version with three thin DVD cases containing two discs each, all in a nice small package.

I can't stress enough how much easier it is on a persons wallet to buy a complete series/season like this.. If you can stand the torture of waiting so long for it to happen!

Actually from what sources in the business (store managers, buyers, etc.) tell me is that demand for complete thin-pak volumes is so high - for conventional shows and anime - that most companies are discontinuing the full-size, single disc releases in favor of a single release complete thin-pak volume. One local shop is actually liquidating all their old anime volumes because the companies are just not releasing them that way as much, or at all, anymore.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2009, 10:10:05 PM »
Yep, I much prefer slim-pack boxsets.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2009, 09:58:57 AM »
Actually from what sources in the business (store managers, buyers, etc.) tell me is that demand for complete thin-pak volumes is so high - for conventional shows and anime - that most companies are discontinuing the full-size, single disc releases in favor of a single release complete thin-pak volume. One local shop is actually liquidating all their old anime volumes because the companies are just not releasing them that way as much, or at all, anymore.
In one way that's good news as well as good business sense. But you gotta feel bad for those who once payed full price for individual volumes for a series only to have the trouble of locating the remaining volumes to complete it. These are the people who will get caught in the crossfire over this change of marketing.

Yep, I much prefer slim-pack boxsets.
They certainly take up less space on a shelf - Something that everyone needs.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2009, 01:29:37 PM »
In one way that's good news as well as good business sense. But you gotta feel bad for those who once payed full price for individual volumes for a series only to have the trouble of locating the remaining volumes to complete it. These are the people who will get caught in the crossfire over this change of marketing.

This is my situation with a pair of series actually, which I bought in full versions or pieced together over time, never completing one before I found a slim-pack version at 1/4th the price. It makes you mad, but then I just sold my old discs and got something else. It's if anything because of people like me that the slims are so popular - we aren't buying single volumes or massive box sets because we get all we want with slims, as they are both cheaper and more space conscious.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2009, 11:30:28 PM »
happens. I have noticed this in Aus. I have to say Madman does a great job with the slimpacks. Chobits used to cost $110 (the reason i never bought it) and have now released such series in slimpack for $70. Most 26 episode series now cost 70, but if you go to cons, you see a huge collection of anime which are even cheaper.
I am a bit annoyed that i've spent 90 on 3 eureka seven dvds and the whole series is now 140.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2009, 11:08:40 PM »
rei's finished?
i'll get to it when i get to it
>:/

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2009, 11:30:23 PM »
Gah I just want Kai to get licensed so I can buy it already!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »
^Did some checking.. No word as yet if Kai will also be licensed and when made available. Seems to make sense that it inevitably will. We just need to play the waiting game.... which is a lot more like playing a penalty game! :e_tongue:

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2009, 06:47:35 PM »
At Anime Expo, ADV mentioned the only problem is getting the rights to it, but they do want it. At least that's what I... think?

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2009, 11:08:56 PM »
you went to ax?

i knew some of the employees there, but i sat that one out.
i only work at the ones in arizona

had to drag steph to ax though.
she was such a pain
>:/