Author Topic: what they just shouldn't have done. really.  (Read 9938 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: what they just shouldn't have done. really.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 11:47:52 PM »
20. Slow reactions. the background people watch something weird happen and then about a couple seconds later they turn and go 'whoaa'. and stand. a couple seconds later they then decide to have their instict kick in and run. real reactions are quicker.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 12:39:15 AM »
i was thinking, what is THE worst anime they made, why and also cringeworthy things they do in anime that you just go, oh man, don't even go there.
i have a list, do add if you can:

1. really cheap animation
2. really, really lame music
3. guady and obviously revealing outfits
4. having things that make their clothes rip at the worst places
5. really unrealistic body proportions(im talking about the girls here)
6. stare at each other for really long periods of time(its awkard)
7. obsessive flashbacks
8. girls checking out each other

say you agree?
worst anime i can say is marmalade boy(regretably, i bought it) because it has features 1,2,3,5(for boys though), 6 and 7.

I cant agree with this much, because some of it is budget based. Unrealistic body proportions arent all that bad. I mean look at some of the classics, the Juggernaut body is way outta proportion but it still looks good (his head is fairly small in comparisson lol). Revealing outfits arent all that bad either, provided it doesnt go all the way. Its kinda a fun teaser that keeps ur attention. 6-7 I do agree with  because it is a time eater but it is probly a budget issue when it comes to that kinda thing. Nothing is wrong with girls checking outa each other, its natural!

But there is one thing, one major thing about anime in all genre's that is at fault for this. (well not all, but most and im sure all have done it at one time or another in some part).

The ultimate truth.... The characters are (90%) WHITE, not asian! WHITE. Asians dont have blonde, brown, red, etc hair or very different eye colors. (I dont mean to be racists at all but come on its a fact...)

It just makes me feel that the characters are in the wrong setting in the world because of how un-japanese they look. This is really my only pev when it comes to anime.

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.
                 -Kyon

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 08:23:41 PM »
to be honest, when i was talking about girls checking out each other i meant..uh, like what haruhi did to that other girl in the 2nd episode. you know what i mean.
i worded it incorrectly.

i do notice how much japanese emulate american, or white, culture. it seems natural for them to do that because they DO want to be like us a little. why do you think they speak english everyday, or get tans or dye their hair?

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 11:09:20 PM »
Uh cuz english classes are part of Japanese school coriculums?

-Kyon

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 04:42:27 PM »
Uh cuz english classes are part of Japanese school coriculums?
But, why is english taught?  There are many theories...I think it all goes back to WWII and Godzilla.

E^D

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 08:29:58 PM »
no i meant that they have assimilated english into their everyday speech, educated or un-educated. such as the words: 'love', uh...'game over'.
just watch anime with japanese subs. they use english once in a while for a phrase. oh, and when they use superpowers like mikaru beam, they use english. yeah.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 09:46:44 PM »
no i meant that they have assimilated english into their everyday speech, educated or un-educated. such as the words: 'love', uh...'game over'.
just watch anime with japanese subs. they use english once in a while for a phrase. oh, and when they use superpowers like mikaru beam, they use english. yeah.
I still blame it all on WWII and Gojira...Two gigantic turning points in Japanese history; the latter, a result of the former.

This may be getting a little heavy, but from this side of the Pacific, the big-bad-a-booms (Atomic Bombs) scared the ever living shit out of Japan, as a culture, and this has been skewed into a kind of admiration.

It is analogous to hara-kiri (as I am not following the way of bushido, I would not call it seppuku).  Meaning that the US was willing to unleash such a horrible, deadly, and destructive force, capable of destroying everything, as a means to end a battle.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter, if it be the truth or not... make of it what you will.

E^d
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:14:58 PM by E^D Crow »

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 09:53:42 PM »
you have a point. definanlty a consideration.
it came before that though. it possibly heightened it.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 09:27:43 PM »

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 10:34:09 PM »
It could be possible that they had no other choice? There word structure might not have any correct way of saying a specific thing or could be like for "Mikuru Beam" is the name of the attack and you wouldnt convert it into Japanese. Or perhaps it just a habit? I many cross language barriers appear everyday. No one always uses the same language 100% of the time. Many phrases commonly used and names of items and stuff are from different languages and have dif meanings.

-Kyon

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007, 03:01:21 AM »
Skycloud has a very good point.  English to put it simply is a bastard language, formed from both ancient greek and latin, it incorporates different words from other languages.

just to name a few:
putcsh- (German) Armed uprising
Lazes faire- (French) a governmental stance in which it leaves its own people to their own devices, very prominant in Victorian Britain.
vis-a-vis- (French) in itself has many meanings.

and so and so forth.......
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »
deja vu

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2007, 08:40:02 PM »
the thing about japanese and english is that the language has been influenced by other countries.
i did a report on japan for art and what they've done in history is be completely isolated for decades at a time, then be slightly obsessed with another culture and be influenced by it. like china, for instance. they copied the writing. when they made contact with western culture, they just got swept up with it.
i reckon it's pretty interesting stuff.