Poll

Light Yagami: Hero, Villain, or God?

Hero
0 (0%)
Villain
5 (62.5%)
God
1 (12.5%)
He's not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!
2 (25%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: The Light Yagami Thread  (Read 3621 times)

Sweeney_Todd

• The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Emergency food supply
  • He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.
    • View Profile
The Light Yagami Thread
« on: February 23, 2008, 04:26:02 PM »
For those who have never heard of him, Light Yagami is the protagonist of Death Note, Light is an extremely intelligent but bored 17-year old student. When he finds the Death Note, dropped in the human world by Ryuk (a shinigami), he decides to use it to kill all criminals and earns the title Kira. His ultimate goal is to cleanse the world of evil to create a utopia and then reign over this new world as it's god.

"He kept a shop in London Town
Of fancy clients and good renown
And what if none of their souls were saved
They went to their maker impeccably shaved
By Sweeney
By Sweeney Todd
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"

"The Ballad of Sweeney Todd"

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: The Light Yagami Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 05:48:10 PM »
Do I agree with what he was doing? No.

SPOILERS OMGOGMOGMOGMGOMG

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Something I liked about the show was that it was never totally clear who the 'good guys' were.... however, that's why I didn't like how they made Yagami go totally insane once he realized he was screwed at the end.

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »
All hail the one true Kira  :ehail:

Dr. Iwata

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 07:30:28 AM »
SPOILERS (Manga and Movies)

I have never understood how anyone could think that Light was anything other then a bad guy.

Sure at first it seemed that he was going to be some sort of anti-hero (for all of 30 seconds anyway) but as soon as he started killing FBI agents and pretty much anyone who was a threat to him he became just another murderer.

He was just an arrogant little punk who liked playing God and in the end went out like a little b****.

There was nothing at all that I liked about the character and Misa was even more pathetic.

The only reason I finished reading the Manga was to see him fall and after the Light/L feud the whole thing fell apart.

The fact that the movies only dealt with the Light/L feud was why I enjoyed them that and Misa was much less infuriating.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:29:49 AM »
Yeah, some spoilers. Just finished the manga series...

I could see myself, in Light's shoes, being tempted to carry out the same sort of campaign against criminals and certain members of the Republcan party.  :il_hahaha:

But once he started killing innocent people to protect himself, he was just another criminal terrorist. Add to that the fact that I thought L was adorable, and you can see I didn't have much sympathy left over for Light.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!