Author Topic: smash bros :o  (Read 2874 times)

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
smash bros :o
« on: March 09, 2008, 01:42:24 AM »
have it now
8712 5628 0057 4413 is my console number. hit me up if you wanna play against me :D

2406-4786-9479 is the code you need to play against me i found out :o
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 05:43:20 PM by masou »
>:/

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
Re: smash bros :o
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 02:30:36 PM »
I'm waiting until after I finish my homework to go buy mine, but I'll give you my friend code later (we have an old thread for that, don't we? I'll dig it up when I'm not doing my homework).  :e_crying:

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 04:51:57 PM »
If I ever buy a Wii, I'll be sure to pick up a copy.

Squeezit

• Head of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 05:43:34 PM »
idk we may, but i doubt we have one for smash bros

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 10:00:14 PM »
I'm pretty unimpressed :(. If this had come out a year or two after Melee, then it'd have been great... but instead we wait 7 years for it, and...
Horrible load times.
Boring story mode.
Incredibly unbalanced new features.
Clones.
Inane fluff, such as stickers and NES demos.
Removal of characters (Roy! Nooo! Mewtwoooo!!!).
Slightly redone clones of removed characters to cheat us into believing we got new ones (Ike, Lucario).

In 7 years time, we get 20 returning characters with little to no changes (Unbalanced Final Smashes, some nerfed moves). The 15 new characters we get are mixed, some good, most bad. Pit and Pokemon Trainer are great additions, but Snake is mostly unplayable. Lucas is just Ness. Ike is a rendition of Roy, and Lucario is a rendition of Mewtwo. Far as I know, Wolf is just another Fox clone (haven't got him yet).

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 08:09:13 PM »
theres always a critic

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 09:06:37 PM »
Well, at least he's being honest.  Despite sucking, FF X-2, XI, and XII got great reviews just because they're Final Fantasy games.  I was never really too big on Smash Bros. anyway, though the first two games were fun.  I'll probably check out Brawl at my friend's house (the Wii is a waste of money IMO) and then share my opinion on the game.

Squeezit

• Head of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 05:31:59 AM »
I'm pretty unimpressed :(. If this had come out a year or two after Melee, then it'd have been great... but instead we wait 7 years for it, and...
Horrible load times.
Boring story mode.
Incredibly unbalanced new features.
Clones.
Inane fluff, such as stickers and NES demos.
Removal of characters (Roy! Nooo! Mewtwoooo!!!).
Slightly redone clones of removed characters to cheat us into believing we got new ones (Ike, Lucario).

In 7 years time, we get 20 returning characters with little to no changes (Unbalanced Final Smashes, some nerfed moves). The 15 new characters we get are mixed, some good, most bad. Pit and Pokemon Trainer are great additions, but Snake is mostly unplayable. Lucas is just Ness. Ike is a rendition of Roy, and Lucario is a rendition of Mewtwo. Far as I know, Wolf is just another Fox clone (haven't got him yet).
wolf is actually a falco clone if you ask me :/
sorta
and Ike isnt a clone of Roy, they're far too different. Speeds, attacks, etc.
only thing they share in common is a powerful B attack.
Lucario...i didnt even know he was from pokemon, but yes he's kinda a clone of mewtoo. although i'd say he's a lot slower and more powerful.
Granted, it wasnt as much as i'd hoped for, but to be honest, i really dont know what else they can do to make the game that much better (except give us back our air dodge that they took away...yes that means people will wave dash like bitches but...i miss my air dodges) :(
nonetheless, i still enjoyed it.
and i have to go to another tournament this saturday, because i won the last tournament so they're making me go to another one >________________<
screw you gamestop >:O

Takiaki

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 11:45:07 PM »
The 15 new characters we get are mixed, some good, most bad. Pit and Pokemon Trainer are great additions, but Snake is mostly unplayable.

For my first post in probably around a year, going to have to say I agree a good amount with what you've said. It's pretty much just melee with a worse announcer and a few new additions, with some good and some not so good.

However, then I unlocked Snake. It's easy to forget just how magical these games are. Within a couple of minutes of unlocking him I'd remembered why I loved this series so much and just how original it can be. Unplayable you say? Funny because I found him so different from every other fighting game character I've ever played that I instantly fell in love with his playstyle. And I've been a fighting game fan since SFII dominated the arcades in the early 90's...hell I should probably just say I actually used to go to arcades heheh.

Bottom line: It's not as shocking as melee was when you first played it, or even the original smash bros...but it has just as much heart.
n the beginning, God created light, and then he made THREE big mistakes. One, MAN....Two, WO-MAN...and Three, The Poodle.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »
Being a Super Smash Bros. game, I wouldn't have expected anything less then more the same, only better.

That's just what I got.  Now, I'm trying to unlock everything; and holy crap, I still haven't unlocked everything from Melee!

Lucas is not Ness.  Ness > Lucas.  Using Pokémon Trainer is like having three different playing styles, all in one.  Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are all very different.  I prefer Charizard, then Squirtle, but Ivysaur is a little tougher to control.

If you have a GameCube controller, it makes the game a lot easier to control, and only give a sole Wii-mote (no nunchuck) to those you hate.

E^D

Turbam!!!

• uh...
  • Emergency food supply
  • I'M A DOCTOR!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 02:58:07 PM »
Yes...I am incredibly late in posting this...but I figure it's better late than never :D

1547-4920-8660

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 12:49:07 AM »

Squeezit

• Head of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 12:06:13 AM »
The 15 new characters we get are mixed, some good, most bad. Pit and Pokemon Trainer are great additions, but Snake is mostly unplayable.

For my first post in probably around a year, going to have to say I agree a good amount with what you've said. It's pretty much just melee with a worse announcer and a few new additions, with some good and some not so good.

However, then I unlocked Snake. It's easy to forget just how magical these games are. Within a couple of minutes of unlocking him I'd remembered why I loved this series so much and just how original it can be. Unplayable you say? Funny because I found him so different from every other fighting game character I've ever played that I instantly fell in love with his playstyle. And I've been a fighting game fan since SFII dominated the arcades in the early 90's...hell I should probably just say I actually used to go to arcades heheh.

Bottom line: It's not as shocking as melee was when you first played it, or even the original smash bros...but it has just as much heart.
and for my first post in probably around a year (wait no, 3rd or so...)
i agree