1 (33.3%)
Mission 5
0 (0%)
Mission 6
0 (0%)
Mission 7
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Excel-Lency English "Translation" - The Big Release!  (Read 8616 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Better late than never.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 02:27:49 PM »
Everyone.. and I do mean EVERYONE should give themselves a pat on the back for the pure awesome and win that resulted from this project. It can't be easy to "translate" something like this in such a way so it can still have some amount of relevance with what's going on in the art - At times, the dialogue matched so well with what was going on, it felt indistinguishable as being a "translation" or a possible real deal. Makes me wish that Excel-Lency could have a true translation just to compare.

What probably got me laughing the most was Inkwolf's contributions to the fold. Especially "Silence of the Loons." The whole thing with with Dr. Iwata having botched a kidney stone removal for a sex change on Nabeshin simply because "he was there!" lmao! I wish this could be animated because it's pure gold.
(the last page was pretty clever too!)

Props to randamonian for the cut-and-paste look of the new dialogue in "The Darkest of Ages." Loved it because it adds a certain level of campy-ness to it that actually works!

Thanks to all for teh laughs. And especially to the one and THE only Foggle who executed this with utmost precision - He wanted a collab "translation" and, damn, he got it done in spades.

"Bitch-slap of Death.." bwahahahaaaa..! You crack me up, Inky! :ehail:

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Better late than never.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
Props to randamonian for the cut-and-paste look of the new dialogue in "The Darkest of Ages." Loved it because it adds a certain level of campy-ness to it that actually works!
Oh, I thought that was just because of the use of MS Paint.  I was going to change that for the edited version, but if you liked it, I'll leave it in.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Better late than never.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 04:00:24 PM »
Oh, I thought that was just because of the use of MS Paint.  I was going to change that for the edited version, but if you liked it, I'll leave it in.
Yeah, it probably wasn't her actual intention for it to look the way it does, but it looks awesome anyways! ^_^ It complements.

That's only my opinion though.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: Excel-Lency English "Translation" - The Big Release!
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 01:33:51 AM »
if no-one squeals, i can claim i meant it to look like that.

personally, i don't think anyone feels they can vote on the poll, becuase we appreciate equally the work done on each chapter. while one might make us laugh the most, others we think was just done well, stuff like that.

anyway, i wanted to say that i liked the ramen restaruant one for it's connection of picture to plot(it all made sense)
the pirate one, cause it was quick and funny, even though it was only 5 or 6 pages.
i still haven't read it all, as i also have been downloading scanlations(real translations of manga, some which have not even been released in the english language yet. wish they'd do the doujin, huh.)
foogle, yours stayed at a constant level of quality and just being good.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 08:09:59 AM »
Well, I felt that I had to vote because I was the one who made the poll.  Heh. :e_confused:  Yeah, everyone did great work and I can read any random chapter and get a good laugh or five.
foogle, yours stayed at a constant level of quality and just being good.
Thanks, I try. :laugh:

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 03:03:50 AM »
well, i don't expect you to stay inside on the computer all day, you have a life.
i don't mind at all.