Author Topic: Black Lagoon  (Read 19592 times)

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
Re: Black Lagoon
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 08:39:45 PM »
Second Barrage is licensed by Geneon but never got released.  You know what that means.

Bugger, my hopes were up when I saw gohastings.com and they had it listed, just out of stock, so I thought maybe it was floating around out there, having sneaked through Geneon's colossal belly-flop, but I guess not.  Oh, further notes, I just switched back to Japanese - the background characters voices are just too annoying to stand, which is a shame because the leads were pretty good.  Damn scrub "actors."

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »
Just finished season 2, LOVED the last four episodes.  (S-s-s-spoilers!) It's implied that Revy killed Eda after the credits in episode 24, right?  Or did she intentionally miss or something? (End spoilars)

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 08:14:37 AM »
I believe she intentionally missed....currently trying to find the last few volumes of the manga to confirm this but having no such luck just yet.
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 09:05:11 AM »
I believe she intentionally missed....currently trying to find the last few volumes of the manga to confirm this but having no such luck just yet.
From what I've heard, the manga's actually behind the anime, even right now.  But there's no way that could be right.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 09:15:31 AM by Foggle »

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 03:24:25 PM »
Well we should know by now that anime are not always the gospel truth when it comes to the original story telling.....

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 03:31:01 PM »
Well we should know by now that anime are not always the gospel truth when it comes to the original story telling.....
No, I mean, these people said that the last anime arc hasn't been finished in the manga yet, which can't be true, as one of my friends has read past the ending of TSB.

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2008, 12:43:12 AM »
Only time will tell then.....plus, since Geneon went under it might be a long time

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2008, 06:57:24 AM »
Well, only Geneon USA went under.  Their Japanese offices are still alive and kicking, which is as much of a blessing as it is a curse, since it seems that they don't want to send their anime to non-Geneon North American distributors.

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2008, 09:17:34 AM »
Im in the UK...double screwed

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2008, 02:20:55 PM »
Ah but the question is, is it a Region 1 dvd since its an American site because i don't own a multi-regional dvd player... :hdead:

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »
Ah, sorry, yes, it's only Region 1.  I was mainly posting it because I spent five hours going to several different stores and searching the internet to find it.  :e_embarassed: I already had volume 1, and I can get disc 3 from amazon.com easily, so I can now say I own the complete first season.  Now let's just hope some other company picks up The Second Barrage. >_<

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2008, 08:05:53 PM »
Too bad Geneon is being so anal about working with other non-Geneon US branches :(.  My discs 1 and 2 should arrive in a couple of weeks, and then I'll likely go fishing on Amazon to grab the third, hopefully before they're out since no more are being made.  I suppose the only way I can see TSB or the possible 3rd season (whenever that is) will be through Fan Subs. 

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »
Too bad Geneon is being so anal about working with other non-Geneon US branches :(.  My discs 1 and 2 should arrive in a couple of weeks, and then I'll likely go fishing on Amazon to grab the third, hopefully before they're out since no more are being made.  I suppose the only way I can see TSB or the possible 3rd season (whenever that is) will be through Fan Subs. 
Fuck me in the ass, I'm too late.  PLEASE tell me you didn't order from my link.  I just found out that it's a scam.  I'm very sorry, I didn't know, and am now out $30 myself.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:26:28 PM by Foggle »

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2008, 09:11:19 PM »
Oh hell, sorry man :(, but I ordered from Hastings, they're legit.  Damn, how did you find out they are a scam?  I'll remember that site from now on though, but that sucks ass.  Freakin scammers, that's why I never buy online unless it's from a store I know personally, too many rip-off artists out there.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 09:14:08 PM »
Glad to know you didn't get ripped off, too.  I poked around Google a bit and looked at the seller rating for the site, noticed that it had a rank of 1.3/5, and read the feedback.  Apparently, they used to be a legit business, but now just take people's money, never ship the items and don't answer customer service emails.  I'll wait a few weeks so I can have evidence that they aren't even trying to send me the product, get my money back from the credit card company, and order it from YesAsia or something.