Author Topic: Black Lagoon  (Read 19564 times)

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
Re: Black Lagoon
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 07:01:52 AM »
Yes, make sure they don't get to keep your money.  Really research the sites you find to buy from, it saves a lot of hassle in the long run.  Good luck, man.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2008, 08:49:48 AM »
Everything's settled now, I sent a cancellation email to the people and notified the CC company.  I'll still be getting volume 2, though, I just ordered it from a much more reputable source (YesAsia). ;D

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2008, 01:30:42 PM »
Excellent, and I might have to look at YesAsia myself, never used them before, if Vol. 3 is a little hard to get a hold of.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »
Excellent, and I might have to look at YesAsia myself, never used them before, if Vol. 3 is a little hard to get a hold of.
They don't have Volume 3. :(

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 05:04:20 PM »
Damn, I see that.  However I see Vol. 1 of Second Barrage?  In English?  I thought they never released it, or did they manage to squeeze the one out?

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2008, 05:06:24 PM »
If you try to order it, after they process your order, they'll most likely come back and tell you that they don't have any copies.  Volume 1 of TSB was 15 days away from being released when Geneon USA kicked the bucket.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 08:43:02 PM »
Volume 1 of TSB was 15 days away from being released when Geneon USA kicked the bucket.

>.> Well bloody hell, that sucks... So many good anime went down with those idiots (Black Lagoon, Higurashi, Hellsing Ultimate, god knows what else).  Have you heard anything about a season 3, I know they need to catch up to the manga (or is it the other way around?), but how many volumes did the series cover?

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 09:04:23 PM »
Volume 1 of TSB was 15 days away from being released when Geneon USA kicked the bucket.

>.> Well bloody hell, that sucks... So many good anime went down with those idiots (Black Lagoon, Higurashi, Hellsing Ultimate, god knows what else).  Have you heard anything about a season 3, I know they need to catch up to the manga (or is it the other way around?), but how many volumes did the series cover?
Season 3 is rumored by many, though it's never been officially confirmed or denied, so signs point to it coming out eventually.  If my facts are straight, the first season covered the first three books minus the vampire twins arc, the second season covered books 4 and 5, as well as said arc.  Currently there are 7 volumes, so the next season should be coming out pretty soon.

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 02:16:14 AM »
Whether it hits our respective continents is another thing...
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008, 05:05:01 AM »
Which is why I am thankful and yet again upset with fan subbing - on the one hand it gives us access to anime we might never see, while on the other it is part of the reason why Geneon USA and other anime companies have tanked. 

Of course, advertising more would likely have helped them demarginalize themselves but... naw, I better stop, that's a whole different issue :/

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 05:34:16 AM »
I love how this thread is on page 4 and only 4 different people have posted in it. :il_hahaha:

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 03:54:19 PM »
Serious discussionings have been discussed....very serious

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
Very serious indeed.  Now I am going back to rewatching TSB - this series really grew on me with TSB, especially when they humanized Revy more.  Maybe it's just the overexposure to it now, but I might have to knock my rating up to 9/10.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 08:21:24 PM »
I'd prefer to just watch the whole thing a second time, as aside from #20: The Succession, I really felt that there were no "bad" episodes.

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 11:57:13 PM »
The last episode annoyed me at points, I ended up muttering under my breath for it to bloody get on with it.  Albeit there were in effect no bad episodes, i did find myself at points throughout both series for them to get on with it, it was like sitting through the ending to the last Lord of the Rings movie.