Author Topic: Australian Pink Floyd Show  (Read 2344 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Australian Pink Floyd Show
« on: January 30, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
Anyone have the opportunity to see them?

Just before X-mas they came to Halifax and put on an amazing show - Made me realize that tribute bands can really be that damn good.  I've been a Fan of Floyd as long as I can remember, so this was gonna be the closest thing I'd likely ever see of an actual live Pink Floyd show. This show consisted of the entire "The Wall" album with animated CGI on the backdrop, laser light show, and a giant inflatable demon pig... no, I'm not kidding about the pig.

There was also an encore with other songs like Time, Wish You Were Here, and The Great Gig In The Sky.
With The Great Gig In The Sky, it was obvious the poor girl on vocal was out of breath towards the end of the song, but it was more than forgivable! She was given a standing ovation from everyone in the building. An amazing voice that felt like it went through you (in a good way, of course!)

Here's one the better quality sounding vids I pulled from YouTube. One of my fav songs too..
Comfortably Numb

So yeah, if you're a fan of Floyd and these guys come to your area to play, go see 'em.
Heck, the good thing about tribute bands like these, as opposed to the real thing, are the lower ticket prices. :il_hahaha:

Maverick375

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
Re: Australian Pink Floyd Show
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:43:21 PM »
Never seen them, but they played in Cleveland a few years back and they were THE show to see.couldn't get tickets to save your life. Every radio station had an excellent review for them.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 08:37:45 PM »
Well, they're coming back here for another show this November and I have my ticket ready.

Instead of just doing a tribute to The Wall like last time, they're going to do a variety of Floyd music from several albums. Variety is nice! I'm looking forward to this concert even more than last years.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »
Saw them again last night. Three years in a row now and fantastic as always.

The only unfortunate thing is that we always seem to be at the end of their tour which means no good sized souvenir t-shirts left - double and triple extra-large shirts? No thanks. I'd rather not swim in my clothes. lol!

Here's the only YouTube vid I managed to find so far of last night, The Divison Bell..