Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126348 times)

Zozolton

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #870 on: October 21, 2011, 12:13:27 PM »
 :ehail: :ehail: :ehail:
I'm happy !

I just received some fantastic posters for my room !

(The crappy quality is due to my phone, you can see them in best quality on the artist's page : http://society6.com/benhuber ; kudos to his beautiful art !)

Moreover, I just bought Umineko Chiru, which means I'll soon be able to enjoy the masochistic pleasure of having my mind fully trolled.

I'm so happy I couldn't die right now, as I would be resurrected by pure joy.  :ehail: :ehail: :ehail:
"The problem with asshole paraplegics is that you have to get on your knees to punch them in the goddamn face, so it's not worth it most of the time."

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 23, 2011, 01:45:45 AM »
awesome! The Baccano one has a really cool stlye to it.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #872 on: October 23, 2011, 04:41:41 PM »
From what I remember, Toronto has some diverse resturaunts...  Which was unfortunate to learn, because I was on a tight budget that weekend.  It was either room service, or Tim Horton's...
 :elannoyed:

E^D
That's too bad. I didn't get a chance to sample much different cuisine there either.
I mostly only go to Tim's for the coffee and occasional muffin, but it's great to go to when budgets tend to be tight.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 02, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »
hey guys if your from the uk you know what saturday is but if your not then i'll tell you. Saturday is bonfire night in the uk where we set off fireworks and light big bonfires and it happens to be one of my faveourite nights of the year :-)

Why do we do this well its all in history lol

In 1605 there was a plot to assassinate King James I/VI and destroy the houses of parliament. On the 4th of november after an anonymous letter, guards went into the cellers of parliament to find Guy Fawkes about to light the fuse of alot of barrels of gunpowder. Of the thirteen conspirators i think 8 were executed and the remainder were killed by musket fire when they were tracked down.

The reason for the bonfires and fireworks is to represent what coulda happened if the plot went through. Also an effigy of guy fawkes is thrown on top of the fire an old tradition is to is to put the effigy in a wheel barrow and kids wheel him around asking "penny for the guy"

There is even an old poem

Remember, remember
the fifth of November,
gunpowder treason and plot

i cant think of a reason
whatever the reason
the plot should ever be forgot

There we go that was fun :-)

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 03, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »
That's just awesome!  Nice to have the whole thing explained by a native.  =^D 
Of course, the 4th of July is totally based on it!

I think the rampant use of the Guy Fawkes mask on the internet is a strange legacy, but still kind of fits?
Not thinking about whether the long-dead Guy Fawkes would have approved or not:  it works, on many different levels.  There were more than a few at the NYC Halloween parade this year, and maybe some of them know the real story, but most probably don't.

Thanks, HA1L!

E^D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 04, 2011, 05:16:33 PM »
After the attempt failed on parliment he must have felt a hung, drawn and quatered

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #876 on: November 04, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
Speaking of which, the hacking group Anonymous had promised earlier this year they would somehow destroy facebook this 5th of November. They are citing that facebook is used as an online tool by the government in order to spy and collect whatever data they wish from any and all facebook accounts. Anonymous feels that the elimination of facebook is necessary to protect the people..

Place your bets!
:e_wink:

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 05, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »
depends on the country.   I just think these hackers are a little bit warped, becuase like everything else the law will eventually catch up to them.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #878 on: November 06, 2011, 05:26:01 AM »
depends on the country.   
True. It was never stated where and what government(s) would supposedly collect such data.

In the end, facebook is still standing today.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 06, 2011, 08:29:41 AM »
I had a great night round my friends we set off the fireworks and then we watched a movie and.had a laugh ^_^ it was brilliant

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 19, 2011, 03:09:17 PM »
I am fed up :-( its been nearly 2 years since i have had a job. I'm single again (my last gf i dumped because she had used me to get back at her ex) and i have no money :-( im aproaching my 26th birthday in a depression even more depressing is the lack of any computer. My laptop finally passed away yesterday and my pc needs to be fixed but thats proving hard :-( even worse xmas is on the way what am i gonna do. I still have 4 bills to pay and i cant let my family and friends know because i dont wanna be in debt to people i care about :-( i will pay off the bills but then i dunno what :-( man i wish i had a job or won the lotto

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #881 on: November 19, 2011, 05:13:11 PM »
Too bad you're not here across 'the pond', HA1L. Or at least at last Spring when we needed new people in the finishing department. Seriously.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 27, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »
*pops in*

hi! i feel like it's been so long since we last met. I've dropped in a few times to lurk, but not say anything constructive.

Anyway, what's up guys?

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #883 on: November 28, 2011, 05:44:14 PM »
Hello!

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master