Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126372 times)

excel-kleinwald

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #900 on: January 30, 2012, 02:11:47 AM »
Glad to see you again, excel-kleinwald. :ehail: It's been too long.

Far far too long. How've you been?

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #901 on: January 30, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »
^Doing pretty good. Last year was ridiculously busy for me and I couldn't dedicate a lot of time to the forum. Hopefully things will be different for this year.
I want to slow down and smell the coffee, you know? ^^;;

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #902 on: March 03, 2012, 03:56:21 PM »
About a year ago I arranged the Elfen Lied theme song and performed it for this school club concert at my old college. It was filmed, and posted on youtube.

It now has over 3,000 views. I'm famous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ0-HHtaXMM&feature=colike

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #903 on: March 04, 2012, 05:09:12 PM »
^Good job from everyone! :ehail: The guitar work around the first minute was best as it sounded similar to a harpsichord.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 16, 2012, 12:50:40 PM »
I dunno if i said this before but I normally use my phone to come on here and chat :-) unfortunatelt my phone has decided to not like this site and wont get on it :-( I still come on here via the library and my mums and sisters computers but i wont be here that often

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #905 on: March 16, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »
^That's a shame to have your phone not work properly on the site. =(

Just stop by when you can. It's all good! :ehail:

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 18, 2012, 05:01:49 AM »
ok :-)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #907 on: April 11, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »
As many know, this year marks the 100th anniversary of the RMS Titanic disaster. And with myself living in NS it's difficult to get away from all the news surrounding it. But I wish that everyone (mostly locally) could be reminded that this really should be treated as a commemoration and not a celebration. Gift stores are crammed with souvenir merchandise for the occasion, the Maritime Museum of The Atlantic has higher admission fees, there's a dinner theater about it running here for the next few weeks, the 1997 Titanic movie has been re-released in 3D... ugh..! Seems too much like a cash-grab? I'm just glad that souvenir vendors are banned from trying to sell their stuff in and around the perimeter of the cemetaries - that would be an easy equivalent to dancing on the victim's graves. In my opinion there almost seems to be a certain romanticism about the whole thing which doesn't seem appropriate to properly honor the lost lives from this horrible event in marine history. Is James Cameron to blame for a lot of this?

Damn right he is!  :eevil:

Oh, and to Celine Dion - You suck!  :il_hahaha:

End of rant.
:e_tongue:

Mas

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 16, 2012, 09:03:04 PM »
I've actually never seen the 1997 Titanic movie.

It's weird, James Cameron created Terminator 2 which is like one of my favorite movies ever, but he also made Avatar and that was probably one of the most boring things I've seen. The 3D backgrounds were pretty and all, but I just couldn't get into the story and none of the characters appealed to me.

Also, hello, I just remembered about you guys and decided to visit. I promise I won't change my profile name anymore.

I moved from Russia to the US earlier this year, so hopefully soon I can start catching up with the Excel Saga manga (I'm still on volume 20  :e_crying:).

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #909 on: April 18, 2012, 06:49:34 PM »
^I think Avatar was one of the most over-hyped titles in recent movie making history. It had a beautiful visual presentation, but it really didn't do much for me with plot and story.

Don't get me wrong about Titanic. Cameron put a ton of research into it to create a memorable film. But the love story bit was what ultimately carried it along, thus creating a chick flick, disaster type movie.

(And welcome back, Mas!) :ehail:

Well, the local Titanic commemoration is winding down since last weekend. I believe it was Saturday evening when a lone man dressed in black, period clothing drove a horse drawn carriage in the streets of Halifax containing a single coffin from the harbour to the direction of the cemetary. This made me wonder if this was really a tasteless thing to be doing or not. :elconfused:

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #910 on: May 06, 2012, 04:09:18 PM »
So I overheard people in my class speak about a defibrillator in some crude joke, I thought they were merely joking around, but then I actually noticed one downstairs, the heck:

Does the school actually expect things could go so horribly wrong that we needed something like this..?! It's not even that far from the hospital for crying out loud..!

I'm not really sure if I should be relieved for the safety measures they're taking, or worried over the fact that they just put it there because they actually expect we'll need it!!!

On another topic, anyone know other sites than imageshack.us and Imgur.com that let you upload images, but without a limit..?

I refuse to use photobucket, but I'd like a place where I can store everything I got, with albums, and no fear of them getting deleted because they don't get views or have an expiry date or capacity limit and what not...

Also, I hope you'll return soonish and often enough soon HA1L, I had no idea you used the phone to come here :o
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:43:39 PM by Micki! »
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 06, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »
I've had good luck with TinyPic not deleting my stuff. Don't think they have albums, though.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #912 on: May 06, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »
So I overheard people in my class speak about a defibrillator in some crude joke, I thought they were merely joking around, but then I actually noticed one downstairs, the heck:

Does the school actually expect things could go so horribly wrong that we needed something like this..?! It's not even that far from the hospital for crying out loud..!

I'm not really sure if I should be relieved for the safety measures they're taking, or worried over the fact that they just put it there because they actually expect we'll need it!!!
At my workplace we have to update our First Aid training every few years. The instructor showed us a similar unit and gave us a briefing on it. Apparantly these portable defibrillators are very expensive to buy (at least here) so not many institutions will have them on hand. Locally, hardly any schools would see these AED units.

This is only my opinion but I think your school possibly had a surplus of funds and decided to get one of these to impress the faculty, student body and perhaps even the city/town itself. I wouldn't be opposed to having one at all, but it would bother me if it was merely on the wall just to show off.
I hope they don't expect to use it either. O_o

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #913 on: May 07, 2012, 01:28:37 AM »
Not too hapy with tinypic.com, since I can't uplod multiple stuff at the same time fast, and I hate getting past that captcha thing every time, I wish I could stick to imageshack.us but they've become slow, full of ads, and are now getting a capacity limit that can be "bought" into a premium account... :/

Anyway, about the defibrillator, I know for a fact that the school has way too much cash, usually schools here have that, since there's massive focus on education in Denmark, but I didn't expect them to use it on seemingly unnecessary things like that...

I have photos of the interior of the school building, which finished at the end of last year, it's crazy modern-looking compared to before...

They got these large bubbles which isolate alot of sound despite being pretty open all around:

They also got a large spiral stairway, an elevator, sections for each education type per floor (like language, science, and culture), the doors have digital panels on them telling you if the rooms are occupied or reserved for something, and every widnow is sound proof, the nerby heavy trafic from the bridge doesn't make a sound at all...

They even have those funny looking things that we dubbed "birdcages", those tube like things sticking out like balconies, they're nice for small group work, but sure look odd... And expensive...

So I'm not really surrpised if they had too much cash to spend, and decided to get some impressive gadget like that to freaking resuscitate people by the off-chance of getting a heart attack or something, as if that was common enough to actually decide doing this in the first place...

Anyway, short story of a thing I noticed at school, seems pretty uncommon for schools, even if they have a bit of an overflow of cash, I'd prefer they spent it on practical needs or saved it, personally...

The state has too much money to spend on unnecessary things, they may need to reconsider their priorities...  :il_hahaha:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 07, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
Holy shit dude, your campus is awesome!