Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126131 times)

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #375 on: December 09, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »
If there is anything i hate more besides old milk ... it's headaches in the evening and mornings ...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2009, 09:46:29 PM »
I'm bored, so for you entertainment here's some stuff that's been going on the cloning discussion topic (Joshua is the biggest tool of them all)

Thread 1

Religious Zealotry

Evangelicals and proselytizers can be annoying, and are usually very narrow minded, while spouting 'God's love'...

That's why I'm Discordian!  Every home should have a copy of every edition of the Principia Discordia.  That's why I only have one.

Just tell him that he's wrong, because my book tells us that The Goddess, Eris Discordia, is the creator of all that exists, who, in turn, was created by the balance of Order and Disorder, also known as Chaos, or, "VOID".

"In the beginning there was VOID, who had two daughters; one (the smaller) was that of BEING, named ERIS, and one (the larger) was of NON-BEING, named ANERIS." (COSMOGONY 56:2)

The Pentabarf:

I - There is no Goddess but Goddess and She is Your Goddess. There is no Erisian Movement but The Erisian Movement and it is The Erisian Movement. And every Golden Apple Corps is the beloved home of a Golden Worm.

II - A Discordian Shall Always use the Official Discordian Document Numbering System.

III - A Discordian is Required during his early Illumination to Go Off Alone & Partake Joyously of a Hot Dog on a Friday.

IV - A Discordian shall Partake of No Hot Dog Buns, for Such was the Solace of Our Goddess when She was Confronted with The Original Snub.

V - A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.

The first 4 are about our relationship with Eris, and the 5th is our relationship with everything else in existence.

THen again, that last one...  He may  get all defensive, and think he's being attacked, or something.

If there is anything i hate more besides old milk ... it's headaches in the evening and mornings ...

I don't like the ones that start in the evening, and continue on through the next whole day.  Those are the worst.  They're not too often, but when they hit, oi vey!
And beets.  Screw that root!   :icon_eek:

E^D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:55:35 PM by E^D Crow »

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #377 on: December 10, 2009, 07:24:47 AM »
Dude... I dreamed about Excel Saga last night and it was really messed up!

It started out with Excel having her full memories except she was alone and actually mad at Il Palazzo, coming to her senses that he's not the greatest guy to be idolizing. I come across her, spazz a little, and join her in her quest to bring Il Palazzo down, while playing in tournaments of Star Fox 64 for the cash needed to continue the journey.

Meanwhile, Elgala is actually still with Il Palazzo and Hyatt. Il Palazzo sends Elgala on a mission to get close to Kapapu so they can get information. She does this by pretending to be in love with Sumiyoshi. They get married and have a kid together (yuck!).

Hyatt gets to thinking and realizes she doesn't want to be with ACROSS anymore but Il Palazzo stops her from leaving and is keeping her prisoner, saying that she's too valuable for him to lose.

Excel and I finally find Elgala and after a long talk convince her to come with us to help take down Il Palazzo. She literally tosses the baby over her shoulder and leaves with us without a word to Sumiyoshi.

On our way there both Excel and I suddenly need to use the bathroom really badly. We enter a gas station and find three doors in the back that aren't labeled. We ask which one is the ladies' room and enter. However, all the stalls are really icky. I find one that isn't so bad but then I hear mens' voices and realize we're in the wrong restroom.

...Then I woke up and actually did need to use the facilities quite badly. The end.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2009, 09:34:24 AM »
That's quite a story :o :D

I wish i didn't always forget my dreams :(

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #379 on: December 10, 2009, 03:29:46 PM »
I wish i didn't always forget my dreams :(

They say you only remember dreams if you're having one right before you wake up, which was what happened to me. I haven't dreamed in quite awhile but lately I've been having a lot. I even had a nightmare where I was going up to the Mall of America and saw a medium sized dog standing in front of it. I like animals, so I called to it, but when he turned around I saw blood all over his mouth and he attacked. I woke up right when he sunk his teeth into my neck.

Oh, and everyone praise me! I got a 97% on my Anatomy paper!

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »
Congrats on the paper :ehail:

As for dreaming, I almost always remember my dreams. I practiced lucid dreaming (the skill of crafting and/or determining meanings from one's own dreams) for a while and it's basically second nature anymore. Most of my stories come from my dreams and I often have the same dream or a continuation from the last dream. Consequently I have very few "weird" dreams, and I've never dreamed about people I know, but I do often find myself somehow plopped into other stories.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2009, 12:23:34 PM »
And beets.  Screw that root!   :icon_eek:
I agree most fervently.
And the Pentabarf made me giggle. I love it!
I giggled most respectfully of course because religion is Serious Business.

Congrats, Hat! I also love triparific dreams. Even when the meaning is obvious, my dreams manage to be zany. My favorite is a tie between the one about me in a mall parking lot in a wedding dress flipping off a sniper that kept trying to bust a cap in my taffeta-clad ass and the one with the midget herd on unicycles. XD

Micki, I am blaming you. Your Danishness and your love of crazy photos has made it so that I can't look at anything imported from Denmark without imagining you giving it a thumbs up or something in a picture before it leaves the factory. Last time it was a box of spare ribs.
Have you ever posed with spare ribs?

Maaan, the holidays have eaten my life though. I need some chattiness soon!
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2009, 03:18:15 PM »
No i certainly never posed with that before, but i'll keep it in mind next time i get the chance :o

Midget on unicycles ..? Awkward as it may be, but when i read that, i imagined midgets on a 7-seated tandem bike following you ...
You know what midgets i mean ..!

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #383 on: December 12, 2009, 07:59:07 AM »
DANG IT!

This is the second time I've had artbook trouble from a certain company! My Darkstalker's one was delayed by just a little bit but now I got an e-mail about the Phoenix Wright one I ordered saying it won't be coming until February! That's two months longer than the original ETA!

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2009, 09:00:13 AM »
So yeah about the Spareribs...

And i seriously was going to pose too, but it was sorta awkward, with so many people christmas shopping today ... They even looked weird at me from holding the cam  :e_embarassed:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 09:05:12 AM by Micki! »

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #385 on: December 14, 2009, 08:03:10 AM »
I just want this week to be over with! Then I shall have two wonderful weeks off! I'm pretty much done because I always do projects right away when they're mentioned because getting stuff done is always a huge relief off my mind. All I have to do is take the Anatomy test online (I'm going to study until the last minuet), the Intro to Business final in class, and hand in my annual report.

I should make a list of goals I can look at so I won't just waste the time away.

1. Beat Digital Devil Saga 2

2. Do SOMETHING productive

3. Maybe go see a movie

4. Play one round of bowling

5. Tidy my room a little

6. Find a good book to read

7. Gladly pay someone Thursday for a hamburger today

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 14, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »
My goals for winter break (and right before):

1. Finish my play by Thursday without killing myself
2. Write a short story or novel
3. Make some movies with my bros
4. Beat the entire Devil May Cry series

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 14, 2009, 04:41:58 PM »
I agree most fervently.
And the Pentabarf made me giggle. I love it!
I giggled most respectfully of course because religion is Serious Business.
Of course, of course, VERY serious stuff, that Religion!
You sound like you could use a bit of Illumination!  I suggest the Principia Discordia.  Sure, you can find it online, but there's something magical about having the actual book in your hands.  *sigh*
So yeah about the Spareribs...

*pic

And i seriously was going to pose too, but it was sorta awkward, with so many people christmas shopping today ... They even looked weird at me from holding the cam  :e_embarassed:
I like on the package, written in english "'The American Way'".  I don't know why, but that made me giggle.

My goal for the next week and a half?  Wrap gifts.  Lots of them!  I honestly enjoy wrapping presents, so I volunteer to wrap ALL of my landlord's/best friend's family's stuff (enough gifts for 6 people, plus the stuff I bought for people, PLUS a few things my sister asked me to wrap for her).

Really.  I love wrapping gifts THAT much.  Is that weird?  Most people I mention it to think so, including my own family!

E^D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:44:56 PM by E^D Crow »

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2009, 06:45:58 PM »
FOGGLE!

Devil May Cry? Nonononono; you need to beat DEVIL SUMMONER. Remember, that amazing extremely fun game your good buddy Maddy suggested?

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 14, 2009, 10:05:49 PM »
Pample winter goal one: Get tonsils removed.
Pample goal two: ???
Pample goal three: Profit.
I'm gonna miss the buggers, though.

SPARERIBS!
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.