Author Topic: Go see Zombie Land. Now.  (Read 3936 times)

Mad Hatteress

Go see Zombie Land. Now.
« on: October 04, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »
I was nervous that looks would be deceiving but Zombie Land is a wonderful comedy and you all HAVE to go see it. Yes, you've got your typical zombies eating people and gore but that takes a backseat for once for laughs.

My inability to remember names is really ticking me off but I think I've got at least the two male characters right and their scenes are really the best parts, the girls being just their to give them a hard time. Tallahassee is the funniest character of all and has quite amusing ways to kill zombies, risking hordes of them in his quest to eat the last twinky before it expires. Although he's freaking hilarious there's also a very sad past event that you learn of that really hits you hard because you don't see it coming.

Right... I suck at describing plots. Anyway, seriously go see it! Zombie Land blows Shaun of the Dead out of the water and I'm buying it day one when it comes out on DVD. Hell, before then I might even go see it again!

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
Re: Go see Zombie Land. Now.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »
I wanted to this weekend but never really got around to it. I've been told it was the "best movie I've ever seen" by one person with very similar taste in movies to mine.
Must see this for sure now.
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 03:48:52 AM »
I loved Shaun of the Dead, and if this is better, it has to be worth my time..!
Well i was going to see it anyways, but now i'm even more certain about it, so i guess i'll put it higher on my nonexistant priority list...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:01:02 PM »
Mmmh maybe,I am rather tempted, anyone seen dead snow yet, lovelly comedic nazi zombi film

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 12:55:03 PM »
Funny you mention Dead Snow, i saw it in Blockbuster today, and never heard of it before, but was unsure what to think of it...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
Well i was going to see it anyways, but now i'm even more certain about it, so i guess i'll put it higher on my nonexistant priority list...

I think I've said this before but what made me dislike Shaun of the Dead was how it starts off great, and is funny in a British-type way, but then the end just turns all sad and, in my opinion, ruins the experience. Having to shoot your mother in the head in a supposed comedy movie totally ruins the mood. At the end of Zombieland there's a small invasion of the undead because the girls in the movie are stupid, but you really don't see very many of them other than that.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 02:43:05 PM »
Saw it last Saturday. TERRIFIC MOVIE!
Just see it.

And that cameo!!! That was surreal! :il_hahaha:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 05:02:54 PM »

And that cameo!!! That was surreal! :il_hahaha:

YES! OMG, it was just so random and awesome! What happens to that cameo made my jaw drop and it's amazing they could make something like that funny! For some reason I really liked the line when the one chick, while talking about Columbus, said "He's like a bunny."

That movie seriously needs a quotes page; nearly everything Tallahassee says is gold!

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 07:59:24 PM »
Just got back from it, and even with all the accolades of awesome I've been hearing, it wasn't overhyped. I was sure it would be! Even the person I dragged along who wasn't sure she wanted to see it was cracking up within the first five minutes.
The cameo was epic, I agree. Brilliant film, I say! Brilliant!
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 07:08:15 AM »
That. :im_nabeshin:

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »
It is far better than Shaun of the Dead IMO. Shaun was very slow to get going and then the ending, it was frustrating. Zombieland is more light hearted, yet gorier (weird, eh?) and is WAY funnier. It's one of the most inventive movies in recent years. You very rarely get narrators anymore, and the on-screen Zombieland Survival Rules pop-ups are so hilarious. I've seen it twice, may even see it again.

And Woody Harrelson turns in what may be his best comedic performance ever.

Definitely a DVD-worthy purchase when it comes out.

Oh, and a special star cameo that took everyone by surprise. Beyond funny.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 11:07:35 AM »
^ Yeah. Zombieland was so great in how they handled everything; I didn't get nightmares like I did with Shaun (for some reason zombie stuff just really gets to me. Maybe because it's something I can actually see happening? I dunno...).

Honestly, the only thing that made me feel a little "creeped out" (I don't want to say "scared" since I wasn't at all) was at the end. I'm not a fan of clowns as well, and although it was pretty funny to see Columbus's fear materialize, I think I would've just run away screaming if I were him.

When more people have seen this movie we totally have to talk about our favorite parts. I'm itching to go into better details about scenes but I don't want to ruin anything. 

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 07:12:51 AM »
Oh gosh... After seeing Zombieland this was a bad thing for me to read: http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/10/05/beef-industry-gets-a-closer-look-as-story-of-paralyzed-woman-hit/?icid=main|compaq-laptop|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyfinance.com%2F2009%2F10%2F05%2Fbeef-industry-gets-a-closer-look-as-story-of-paralyzed-woman-hit%2F

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 07:16:45 PM »
Just so you guys know it's coming out on DVD on February 2, 2010.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »
^Yay! I may need to pick that one up.