Author Topic: The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya  (Read 64303 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
« Reply #360 on: October 12, 2009, 04:15:20 PM »
^lol! Just noticed the update by Lan.

So yeah, Kadokawa/Kyo-Ani is shameless I tell you. Shameless.

Probably old news to some, but apparently the "Disappearance" arc which everyone was heavily anticipating to see in season two is going to be released in movie format. (The hell? O_o)

One can infer from such an announcement that Kadokawa/Kyo-Ani is pulling out all the stops for some amount of reconciliation with the now severely POed Haruhi fanbase.

Tentative release of Disappearance is Spring 2010 in Japanese theaters.

Lan

« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2009, 12:24:25 AM »
After working it out properly, we should get the equivalent of 4 or 5 episodes. This seems about right to me, so in theory, it should be a good movie.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #362 on: October 13, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »
For Kadokawa/Kyo-Ani, Disappearence is going to have to be a good movie. There will be too much on the line with keeping this franchise alive now. This latest production is either going to make it or break it..

.. Or more accurately, win back the once rabid fanbase with a quality production, or utterly destroy the fanbase AND the franchise to complete oblivion by feeding everyone more substandard product. There will surely be no in-betweens, nor second chances considering how poor the season two production was handled and how badly it was received by most.

The question is, can they bring it back?
The pressure is all on them and I hope they feel it big time. This isn't just about saving Haruhi - This is about giving us worthwhile animated entertainment in general.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 14, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »
Well a movie certainly sounds interesting, especially after witnessing the shambles of a second series, that endless eight episode just seemed a waste of time

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 14, 2009, 10:35:06 PM »
thats a bit of a long wait though... :elannoyed:
i can imagine alot of people just blowing off the show and moving on with their lives before it comes out, and by then they don't care about seeing it.

Lan

« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2009, 09:39:26 AM »
You have to remember that Haruhi's case in japan is slightly different. the fan base is mainly formed of those that have read the novel series, and because they already know what the disappearance arc is all about, they will want to see the film. i guess over here you could compare it with the harry potter films. those that have read the book will want to see the film.

however, those that have not read the haruhi novels will probably opt out of seeing the film.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 15, 2009, 01:07:45 PM »
You have to remember that Haruhi's case in japan is slightly different. the fan base is mainly formed of those that have read the novel series, and because they already know what the disappearance arc is all about, they will want to see the film. i guess over here you could compare it with the harry potter films. those that have read the book will want to see the film.

however, those that have not read the haruhi novels will probably opt out of seeing the film.

Unfortunately the U.S. is also a huge market for anime, and despite a smaller percentage of Americans (and other nations as well of course) following anime at any level, numerically America tosses in a huge share of the market (I think Carl even commented on this phenomena somewhere before if my memory serves me properly). Much of that market I believe is going to not give a hoot about the film (I know I won't), and it will either die off or simply retreat to a Japanese-release only anime if it manages to stay alive.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2009, 12:11:13 PM »
When it's released some clever sod will ploink it on the internet for download probably

Lan

« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
i wont even bother looking until the dvd is released in japan. im not watching some crappy video quality someone has probably stollen from the cutting room floor, or even some other crappier version that someone was filming through their jumper. no thanks

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #369 on: February 04, 2010, 03:24:28 PM »
So..... The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie is due to hit movie theaters of Japan in just a few days.
Some can only wonder this will be the 'make it or break it' for the franchise.

We'll soon see if there's any hope to be had..

Lan

« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2010, 03:50:11 AM »
The 10th Haruhi light novel is getting a release at last. volume 9 was released 3 years ago.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-24/haruhi-new-light-novel-to-be-previewed-in-the-sneaker

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2010, 01:53:52 AM »
I've been waiting for that for a while. I believe the 10th volume finally answeres the question as to what Haruhi actually is. The 9th might have hit on it, but i was too preoccupied with finishing it that actually paying attention. Plus, im no good reading a computer screen.

I also really hope the 10th is the final. I just want to hurry up and get it over and done with. To be honest, the character designs are looking uglier and uglier to me. especially haruhi.

Lan

« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2010, 12:29:28 PM »
The 10th Haruhi light novel is going to be called "The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya", to be released sometime this year