Author Topic: Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon  (Read 1128 times)

Mad Hatteress

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
« on: March 18, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »
I just playing this game today but I feel that I've progressed fairly far to be able to speak about it. First of all, without a doubt, this is the most beautiful Wii game that I ever played.

What is Fragile? It's sort of like if 28 Days Later were an anime and then without zombies. I say this because of the scene where the main character in 28 days wakes up and walks around the totally devastated landscapes around him with no one in sight. Fragile is exactly like this and the many details of this game are very eerie to behold. There's doodles and other things left behind and Seto can even find items that hold the final thoughts of those who held them. Unfortunately, not everything is translated. Some Japanese writing will have English subtitles to show what it says if you look at it closely, but plenty doesn't. I looked at an FAQ that told me some of the signs are pleading for people to donate blood. You don't know exactly what wiped out so many of the Earth's population so signs like that are important.

The English dub is not fantastic. It's getting better but at the beginning I hated Seto's voice because he took way too many dramatic pauses.

This is not a happy game. So far I've only encountered one scene that doesn't end tragically and even has two dudes kissing due to a misunderstanding. Wooo!

So far most of the game has been heavy exploration and some light combat when you come across foes. What sucks is that you weapons can break and, if you don't have any other on hand, you're screwed. I also haven't figured out how to use healing items! That isn't so bad, though, because you replenish HP at campfires and there are a ton of them scattered throughout the game.

Fragile seems to be an extremely easy game but it's sad story and beautiful surroundings really suck you in. This seriously blows Okami out of the water in terms of how gorgeous it is.

Keep in mind I haven't beaten it, thus I can't recommend it yet, but I was wondering if anyone else is going to pick this up or might be thinking about it?