Author Topic: The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya  (Read 64384 times)

R Kenshin

• Bio Scientist
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2007, 10:01:42 PM »
i just finished the series online and i gotta say that it is great. However, I just wish that the show didn't have to end. I believe there could be so much more stuff to it as it is still fresh. Well, all great things need to come to an end. This is something I need to learn Japanese for.
Roar, Roar, fight the power

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2007, 03:55:46 PM »
I've been hearing a lot of stuff circulating about a second series of Haruhi happening at some point. It's nothing I can confirm, so don't anyone get your hopes up just yet!

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2007, 12:08:55 PM »
The last I heard, they were planning on making a 2nd season in the fall, though now that may get pushed back.  I'm sure that there will be a second season, maybe even a third or fourth, since there is a lot of story from the novels left to be animated.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2007, 08:07:46 PM »
^We can certainly hope so. This series didn't just happen to take the world by storm for nothing. It was a really fun story coupled with such likable characters. There is far too much potential (and too great of a fanbase) to just leave it at a mere fourteen episodes. It seems inevitable that another wave of Haruhi-ism, in animated form, is on the horizon. And just like before, it will spread like wildfire.

Can't wait for vol. 2 to hit the stores next month.

R Kenshin

• Bio Scientist
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2007, 10:41:42 PM »
i'll agree with you there. The movers and shakers as well as the big wigs won't let this series die and want to keep the money flowing....... but the small wigs wont do anything.
Roar, Roar, fight the power

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
They obviously only scratched the surface with this series, thus I can't believe they would let it go, especially as mentioned before the novels can be farmed for far more.  And 14 episodes is way too short - at least one more season, if not two.  And now I'm not personally familiar with the novels this is based on, but I assume they are light novels?  If that is the case, FMP has managed to get some great longevity from their light novel origins, and they will also likely have more coming out.  I imagine Haruhi can do that as well.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2007, 04:55:10 PM »
Okay, picked up Vol. 1 the other day and watched it through in English and Sub, and I was rather disappointed.  It was still Haruhi, but while I didn't full on hate the English Dub, I don't favor it and Kyon in the Dub didn't have that same disgusted flair that he did in the original Japanese.  And I didn't really like the Dubbed Haruhi either, so then I watched the official sub and again was somewhat disappointed.  I actually thought the fan subbing was better, there were some lines that were altered that just didn't fit right in the official sub.  One example is when Haruhi bursts into the room with a loud "Ya-hoo!" (which sounds really cute in Japanese), and Kyon is like "yahoo?", but in the official sub they have here saying "Yoo-hoo", which it doesn't sound like at all and has a completely different meaning.  I'll still buy the lot, but I was hoping for a little more.  The studios need to find some of these fansubbers and bring them on board, I think they put a little more love and attention into the work in many cases.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2007, 09:04:58 PM »
I got Vol. 2, and IMO it's worth it just for the armband (which I plan to wear in my Linux class tomorrow morning ^^).

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2007, 03:56:54 PM »
Quote from: "ElricJC"
Kyon in the Dub didn't have that same disgusted flair that he did in the original Japanese.
So far I've had little problem with most with the exception of Kyon. As I've said before, I don't think Crispin Freeman voices Kyon horribly, but he doesn't quite have his mannerisms down properly.

Maybe he'll improve in Vol. 2? O.o

Quote from: "ElricJC"
The studios need to find some of these fansubbers and bring them on board, I think they put a little more love and attention into the work in many cases.
Definately. I'm amazed at the attention they give to every aspect of a story. They go above and beyond.

And in some cases, some of the fandubbers I've had the rare occasion of hearing deserve to be employed to do what they do professionally.

Quote from: "Soske"
I got Vol. 2, and IMO it's worth it just for the armband (which I plan to wear in my Linux class tomorrow morning ^^).
lmao! That'll get a LOT of attention.
Can't wait to get mine. I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive hopefully this week.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2007, 05:37:45 PM »
Arrrgh.... And I'm still waiting! T_T Patiently, mind you, but.. waiting. ^^

Seems to be a situation with supply and demand for volume 2 of Haruhi Suzumiya. At least here anyways.

Special edition volume 2 was ordered in June at my local HMV and was promised for a July 4th release. At two weeks into August now, I'd say it's just a little bit late. X_x They're also experiencing some difficulty getting the regular edition as well.

At this rate, vol. 3 might be released here before the pre-orders of vol. 2 are met. :e_shocked:

Noooooooo...

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »
Uh huh, I'm in the same boat.  Annoying, innit?

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2007, 10:34:55 AM »
^Yes! :e_wink:

Aside from me ranting about it, I had also wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same availability woes as me.
Glad I'm not in the boat all by myself here.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:37:17 AM by Lord Il »

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2007, 06:33:12 AM »
*UPDATE*

It appears as though the dry spell for more Haruhi-ism is slowly lifting.
Got a call from HMV saying it finally arrived. Yayy!
*rows the boat to shore and steps out* :e_pleased:

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2007, 01:29:09 PM »
*UPDATE*

It appears as though the dry spell for more Haruhi-ism is slowly lifting.
Got a call from HMV saying it finally arrived. Yayy!
*rows the boat to shore and steps out* :e_pleased:

Huzzah!

So where's the first place you're gonna wear the armband to? :P

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »
Arrrgh.... And I'm still waiting! T_T Patiently, mind you, but.. waiting. ^^

Seems to be a situation with supply and demand for volume 2 of Haruhi Suzumiya. At least here anyways.

Special edition volume 2 was ordered in June at my local HMV and was promised for a July 4th release. At two weeks into August now, I'd say it's just a little bit late. X_x They're also experiencing some difficulty getting the regular edition as well.

At this rate, vol. 3 might be released here before the pre-orders of vol. 2 are met. :e_shocked:

Noooooooo...

For future reference, this site has a lot of hard to get stuff at good prices:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/