Author Topic: whos your Favourite ADV english speaking voice actors  (Read 23496 times)

E-E

• Head of City Security
    • View Profile
whos your Favourite ADV english speaking voice actors
« on: January 25, 2005, 07:55:27 AM »
co can post about who voice in the series you love/hate.

my personal favs are:
excel (Jessica Calvello)
and iwata (Mark X. Laskowski)
excels voice just has a manic quality that sell her hyperactive that little more.her voice makes the character, and i think that was a main
reason im drawn to her so much
and iwata is more or less for the same reason,his stupidity is conveyed perfectly.

and also Cynthia Martinez  as pomey in puni puni poemy.
she nailed that character,she is a few pegs insaner than excel and at that age... great.
her insane rants and general dumbness are not only shown through her body language but her voice shows great casting,
and just really hit it home for me.

navean

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 08:16:37 AM »
Sorry, I don't know the names of the voice actresses.

Anyway, I really like the girl who played Excel at first.  It's a pity that she had to leave, though I suppose that was better than ruining her voice.  I can't stand Excel's second voice, though.  I also like Hyatt's voice. And Il Palazzo's voice actor makes him sound sexay  :wink:
color=darkred]*Squee!*[/color]

Kirbie

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
    • http://www.weallloveexcelsaga.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 08:53:14 AM »
Nabeshin's voice actor is cool. Both Jessica Calvello and Larissa Wolcott did a good job in my opinion, as I never noticed the difference and I think Larissa did the last few episodes very well. Monica Rial is also great as Hyatt if a little too quiet sometimes.

Tonzura koite!

navean

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 01:44:38 PM »
I liked the quietness of Hyatt.  I think it added to her character.  Though she probably was a little too quiet at times...

That Gomez

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 12:12:08 AM »

I definitely have to vote for Monica Rial as Hyatt. Yes, she's quiet, but Hyatt is a quiet character, sometimes just a notch above comatose. In person, Ms. Rial is quite energetic, and not exactly quiet. She's pure energy.

As much as I enjoyed Jessica Cavello's performance as Excel, I found Larissa Wolcott to be a more than adequate replacement. The difference between their performances is not all that big.

Let's not forget Rob Mungle as Pedro.

Jinzaki

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 11:59:51 AM »
For some odd reason, kabapu. Otherwise, i find the japanese voice cast much better so I normally watch it in japanese
For the last, time, it's a panda...

arundle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 12:38:59 PM »
Having only ever seen the subbed version of Excel Saga, I shall form now on refrain from posting in this thread until such a time as I have seen the dubbed version.
BLITERATE, ANIHALATE, EXTERMINATE, VANQUISHATE, DEMOLISHATE, LIQUIDATE,   BLASTING STUFF IS FUN

Currently banned from: 1) the introduction topic

B3\/\/4r3 /\/\\| 1337 \/\/r171|\|9 5|<i11z!!!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 04:57:54 PM »
Monica Rial has such a sweet, soft-spoken voice for Hyatt.
Dare I say it??!
<3 She makes Hyatt sound truely sexsay! ^______^

Jessica Calvello as Excel was..... a miracle! To speak that fast, I mean... CRIPES! O_O
I remember ADV Films being under fire by the fans for supposedly overworking her vocals and thus, endangering her health.
Jessica pleaded with her fans to please not send hate mail to ADV. Apparently, she's recovered quite well from that.

Now, Larissa Wolcott had some mighty big shoes to fill from Jessica's absence. I think she did a darn fine job in my opinion. Not many voice talents out there can really speak that hyper!

arundle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 08:06:55 AM »
I've finly started to watch the dubbed version and I can say that it is a change from the subbed version
BLITERATE, ANIHALATE, EXTERMINATE, VANQUISHATE, DEMOLISHATE, LIQUIDATE,   BLASTING STUFF IS FUN

Currently banned from: 1) the introduction topic

B3\/\/4r3 /\/\\| 1337 \/\/r171|\|9 5|<i11z!!!

littlehorn

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 08:55:50 PM »
Way to go, original version! Yay!! It's always better.

Meyeselph

• Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 09:51:13 PM »
I think Quiet Hyatt kind of speaks of her reduced role in the anime as opposed to the manga anyway. And it is a perfect fit for the character. As for the english vs the japanses. I allways find english to turn out more 'cartoony' and with Excel saga it's almost a good thing. I still haven't watched the subbed yet but I'll get right on that. As for my fav of the voices. I really don't think you can beat the first excel for sheer guts, however the girl who did Misaki (sp?) was a better voice for the role then i could have imagined while reading the manga. And the puu chuu death voice is classic!
ll I ask of you is complete and utter subservience without question or complaint. That's easy! I could be asking you to think for yourself, and we all know how well you handle that.

Nabeshin_1040

• Electrofag
    • View Profile
    • Mah Mahspace
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 05:56:02 PM »
I like Nabeshin's voice actor. Cocky, wacky, and cool. All at once.

*snaps fingers*

ayyy...

Music is love

DaphHime

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/daphhime/
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 02:35:03 AM »
Quote from: "navean"
Sorry, I don't know the names of the voice actresses.

Anyway, I really like the girl who played Excel at first.  It's a pity that she had to leave, though I suppose that was better than ruining her voice.  I can't stand Excel's second voice, though.  I also like Hyatt's voice. And Il Palazzo's voice actor makes him sound sexay  :wink:

I hear you on Ilpalazzo's voice (He's voiced by Jason Douglas, by the way). His voice is hella sexy. Must be the accent.  :wink:

Not that I don't like his Japanese voice. Koyasu Takehito is a God in my book.

As for Excel's voice. I liked Larissa when she did the more serious secnes near the end. But Jessica had Excel's lunacy down pat.

sumiyoshi

• Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/eet_fuk_
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 01:04:23 AM »
haha i agree with all of you. i think the first time i saw the series though, pedro's voice

(rob mungle) was so hilarious that the very fabric of my being was strewn accross the earth

in small bits of miniscule matter.

well maybe that comment was a bit streched but he's hilarious..
img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/sumiyoshi__/more%20stuff/rinsig.jpg[/img]

myspace

navean

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 09:04:24 AM »
Wow, I didn't even think about how funny I found Pedro's voice until you mentioned that.  I think I laughed the first time I heard him speak. Hah.