Author Topic: Anime/Manga figures  (Read 71207 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga figures
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »
I was bored one day and decided to paint a bronzed figure of Kanu from Ikkitousen which I bought at a con. It's been kept in a box for a year since it looked a little to volatile for my mom. But, whatever, i painted it. Again with the pictures!

It's small, no bigger that 10 cm. It looks better that the paited version, where she had a pink uniform.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »
^Kanu looks incredible! Good work with the painting, Randamo! Both her and Chouun Shiryuu are my fav characters from Ikkitousen. Very strong characters.

And Geeeze... I can't even imagine Kanu wearing pink. O_o It's just not her style. Doesn't even make the slightest bit o' sense.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2010, 01:22:36 AM »
Thanks! I really want the others in the set because they all make up a diagram, but ima gonna get a chouun resin someday!

And the original figure had a pale-skinned kanu in a white skirt, pink top and purple hair - horrible!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2010, 03:48:15 PM »
Thanks! I really want the others in the set because they all make up a diagram, but ima gonna get a chouun resin someday!
Awesome! Please post pics if you get one.

And the original figure had a pale-skinned kanu in a white skirt, pink top and purple hair - horrible!
....  I think I just threw up in my mouth just a bit... :il_hahaha:

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2010, 01:10:54 AM »
Again I've come to burden you with pictures of my modelling career (did your mind go somewhere else? mine did). Here's a proper E2046 model of Sailor Moon in her school uniform. It's a present for my brother. I hope the kids at his office like it (from a far distance, sticky fingers at bay). I tried enamel spray paint, which was a distaster, on her skirt, acrylics everywhere else sans the socks, hair and pink bag, which were done with oils.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures, i'm too lazy to take new ones. I don't like sailor moon that much, but that hair.... looks so cool!

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2010, 04:22:41 AM »
I like it. A little too glossy, but it's good.

Oh, remember a couple of post ago about that Senjogahara figure and how I said that I wish that they would have made a Nadeko figure instead? Well, I guess the good smile company was passing by my house with some mind reader. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10125816

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2010, 02:03:17 AM »
Yah, i know what you mean about the glossy. I used enamels because i thought spray paint would be quicker, but it doesn't look that great.
He liked it though, but when he unboxed it, the stomach and top disconnected. TCH! that bit was badly cast and barely fit. shoulds known. :lordilvryannoyed:

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2010, 09:27:11 PM »
Hello again, out of boredom I come to showcast my unfinished works. Sorry, you guys are the only ones I can talk about this with....

I kinda like her without arms....
working on an asuka figure. Here's a link to the finished version
http://www.animeonstore.co.cc/discount-anime-Yamato_Creators_Labo__026__Neon_Genesis_Evangelion__Asuka_Langley_PVC_Figure__Toy-B003RITV5W  
Alotta people dislike this kit for not resembling Asuka enough and her weird proportions. You can't tell now but she has no butt and wide poking-out hips. I got it cause it looked fun.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND............ Kanu has a new friend!!! OMGHAPPYLALALA

These metallic figures have been hard to find, maybe cause of their unpopularity. But they really look cool to me. They guard my E.S books.

*later* OMGHAPPYLOL!!! I caught a chouun! [pika!]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:41:33 PM by Randamo »

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »
Hello again, out of boredom I come to showcast my unfinished works. Sorry, you guys are the only ones I can talk about this with....
Don't ever apologize. I like seeing this stuff in hopes of learning more about them. ^^

Ah, you got your Chou’un! Can you give us pics if possible?

Wait.... Is that Chou’un in your bottom pic with Kanu? (the pic is kinda small)

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2010, 12:26:13 AM »
that there is kaouen myosai - the one with slicked back black hair and the magnatama earing. I haven't recieved Chouun yet but will show you when I do. Also, while searching for pictures just now, just now i found and bought a Ryoubi and Ryomou! (can't beleive how much money I'm spending on these things...)

I never told you, but this: http://www.e2046.com/product.php?products_id=11614  is the Chouun i've been dying to get. I really liked Chouun because her clothes stayed intact for this. She seemed like a diamond in the rough of Ikki tousen fanservice.

Oh! I got in the mail a Mylene Jenius resin - cute!

.....I just decided this now - I've bought too many resins.... Okay, i'll finish the comic gum set, I only need Hafuku, get a Rin and Saber resin and that's THAT, seriously!

Here's the list of resins i own, but haven't finished:
Kenshin Himura, Cloud on Hardy Daytona, Yoko Littner real version, Hatsune Miku Vocaloid, Mylene, Excel, Vegeta, Lum, and the others I showed you. I have a preorder on Yuna from FF X-2, a Kakouen Myosai from way back, and Char, Lala and Sayla Mass from Gundam.

Damn addictive hobby.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:26:56 PM by Randamo »

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2011, 06:28:23 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003I856S2/ref=oss_product

26 dollars? With free shipping? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! If only Nadeko was in this set....oh well. Shinobu and Araragi's adorable sisters are just as good. :D

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2011, 12:07:31 PM »

.....I just decided this now - I've bought too many resins.... Okay, i'll finish the comic gum set, I only need Hafuku, get a Rin and Saber resin and that's THAT, seriously!
Maybe this can be your new year's resolution? :il_hahaha:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003I856S2/ref=oss_product

26 dollars? With free shipping? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! If only Nadeko was in this set....oh well. Shinobu and Araragi's adorable sisters are just as good. :D
The best thing about small figures is having the extra space for more. lol!
Those are neat.
=======================================================================

As an X-mas gift to one of my nephews, I got him a figma Black Rock Shooter figure. It was so awesome I almost didn't want to part with it! A great bonus is the included Black Rock Shooter OVA dvd. The seller of this figma has been fantastic because they gave me a sweet deal on figma Dead Master. It was never my intention to get Dead Master, but when a good deal comes around, what can ya do? Almost a shame to have them both separated though. Maybe I should get my own BRS figma.. hmm.. :e_confused:

Anyways, Dead Master looks truly malevolent with that wicked looking scythe she wields. The scythe itself is a piece of art in its design.
For more details, see this link:
http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/2915/figma+Dead+Master.html

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2011, 12:24:50 PM »
My thoughts on the Black Rock Shooter OVA:

;D

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2011, 01:30:23 PM »
^Last year, the hype surrounding Black Rock Shooter was almost ridiculous. Many expected something much different and I felt the same way after first watching it. Couldn't help to wonder what I just saw and if it made any point at all. That was before watching it a second time and catching the things I missed previously and thinking "Oh yeah! I get it now!"
.. Well.. most of it. :il_hahaha: But I'm interested enough in seeing more. (I'll write up my own interpretation of BRS sometime.)

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »
Wonderfestival is on boys and girls. Are any of you interested in that? Despite my decision to STOP BUYING more of these, they come up with such cool ones......

Here's for the Panty and Stocking fans