Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 150424 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #525 on: May 09, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
hey, i was watching evangelion and i saw an anamatic for ep 24 and it had stuff in it like asuka killing a whole bunch of angels - it was kinda violent, and misato and ritsuko getting killed and misato kissing shinji - does that stuff ever happen in the movies, or is it just some weird deleted scene?

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #526 on: May 09, 2009, 10:42:13 PM »
That's the Eva movie.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 12, 2009, 10:09:28 AM »
I'm watching The Legend of Black Heaven, which is pretty fun...

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #528 on: May 12, 2009, 02:12:33 PM »
Hmm, not too many of us watching anime this week, eh?
heh... I watch it nearly every week but neglect to post about it. ^^;; Oops..

Leix

• can sneeze backwards.
  • Unemployed
  • This world...is corrupt!
    • View Profile
    • Probe9 Studios
« Reply #529 on: May 16, 2009, 09:30:54 AM »
DNA^2. So funny, yet so sad. Also chock full of stupid action that makes no sense.
"I have absorbed their DNA and now I can shape shift!"
I mean really?

And right before that was Code Geass. Very very dramatic. I was given a Black Knight patch, so then I had to go watch the thing so I wouldn't feel like some sort of poser wearing it.

But all this sad stuff is broken up with things like Excel Saga, Lucky Star, and Azumanga Daioh anyways.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 16, 2009, 02:28:53 PM »
I admit I am into naruto and can't went until the english dubb of shippuden hopefully comes out.  Anyone seen dead space and though it was a good anime I certainly did, I just found the game gave me the willies, it reminded me of my days when I an amstrad 464 and aliens and a friend over and hidding behind the bed when the aliens came on screen, with the scanner beeping away.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 16, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »
sayonara zetsubou sensei - first 3 episodes. I like it, especially Itoshiki-sensei, but i still feel the show could be better.
Also i got the first episode of macross 7. I don't get it yet.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2009, 06:17:26 AM »
I was watching Legend of Black Heaven, but the last DVD seems to  have gotten lost in the mail on its way from Ebay, so I don't know when I'll ever get to see the end. :lordilvryannoyed:

In the meantime, I'm rewatching other stuff and desperately trying to come up with more video clip ideas, now that AMV Hell is accepting submissions and AMV Blitz has almost all my stuff so far.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 20, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »
i was just thinking about AMV hell. I've been slowly downloading the movie.

Hey, is K-on! any good? anyone seen it?

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 05, 2009, 08:46:43 AM »
I'm putting off finishing Black Heaven and Negima to watch All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Dash.  After two episodes they're finally leaving the Horny Schoolboy plotline in the background and getting to funny Mishima Industries plots. Still, I don't think I'd be enjoying it half so much if I wasn't comparing it to the first-season Nuku Nuku TV.  And I keep waiting for Young President "Hell" Mishima to show up, my favorite character. (I love his business style. Working for Mishima would rock.)

The first season was more of a school comedy.  The second season is an alternate-universe type thing where Nuku Nuku was built by Mishima instead of by Mr. Natsume and escaped, and is all mysterious and competent and potentially tragic instead of just scatty, Ryunoske is a horny 14-year-old instead of a cranky little kid, and Natsume is pretty much an unemployed layabout, instead of actively opposing Mishima. Akiko is about the same with more temper. I suspect that Nuku Nuku Dash is actually closer to the original manga. Never read it, probably never will...

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2009, 12:41:42 PM »
Bought my self boxset 2 of the eureka 7 series, so I could finally see how it ending, I was impressed, watched dead space down fall again, unfortunately I have also bought a few films I needed to get around and find time to see, so  not much anime watching

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #536 on: June 05, 2009, 03:10:58 PM »
^heh.. Your post just reminded me that I need to finish Eureka 7. It aired here on YTV a few years ago on late Friday nights. Last I remember, Renton pulled Eureka out of that goop. A little after that episode it went into repeats and I never saw or even knew when the latest episodes aired.

Wow... that was a while ago.. O_o

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 06, 2009, 02:41:03 PM »
^ Since I have only ever seen it on dvd that happens in the last episode of volume 4 I think you have another 30 episodes to go, it's worth seeing.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 07, 2009, 09:15:03 PM »
I should really get the completed series of eureka seven... only got as far as ep 27.

I don't know if this counts but watched AMV hell 3. saw some evangelion movie scenes, making me want to watch them even more that i already do.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 09, 2009, 10:32:52 AM »
I've finished watching all of my part-way anime series except Gokudo, now! :D

Nuku Nuku Dash--Once I got over the novelty of the Nuku Nuku characters in their re-imagined roles, and passed the couple of decent comedy episodes, this pretty much devolved into lameness.  Mishima was a clone and a wannabee Blade Runner refugee. I was hoping for some cheesy mecha footage to expand my Dancing Mishima AMV Blitz clip (likely to be rejected, but I love it myself) but the mecha were too serious to blend into it.

Negima--Totally kicked butt.  The voice they chose for Negima was genius--the squeaky-seriousness somehow made him irrestistbly cute.

Legend of Black Heaven--I loved the humor.  If they had only bothered to put a little depth into the plot, supporting characters and space battles, this could have been super-awesome. More variety in the music would have been nice, too.  As it was, it will not make my Favorite Series list, but it gets a home on my shelf and some probable rewatching. (Also, what were they thinking with those ugly, non-reflective-of-the-series credits? Ick!) Hard Rock Save the Space!

Eyeshield 21--I've watched up to episode 104 now (as high as 'imports' will let me) and while it was brilliant for the first 70 or 80 episodes or so, they are now just milking it.  The Devil Bats are still not in the final tournament, and are playing an endless succession of practice games and side tournaments, and of course, Hiruma has said they will withdraw from the Christmas Bowl tournament if they lose any of them.  (Oooh, the phony suspense!) Every game has them taught another repetitive lesson about teamwork or how every member of the team is vital. Every opponent has some amazing super power that must be overcome.  And Musashi finally having rejoined the team totally spoils Hiruma's formerly brilliant character.  Instead of having to work out Hiruma's goals for ourselves, or realizing after the fact that he wasn't only being a sadistic slimeball, we now have Musashi chatting to him on the bench about "So, you sawed off Monta's arms at the elbow to teach him the skill of catching the ball in his teeth, eh? Hope his dental bills are covered by the school insurance policy..."  In effect, it is a major dumbing-down of the show in general and the character of Hiruma in particular.

What to watch next...hmm, I'm torn between finishing Gokudo (not totally my cup o' tea) or rewatching an old favorite like maybe Tsukikage Ran, or dredging up something new from Ebay or the library.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:41:08 AM by Inkwolf »