Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 150440 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #570 on: July 22, 2009, 12:28:41 PM »
I bought myself the first 13 episodes of ouran high school host club, bloody funny, decent anime hope the last 13 episode are funny

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #571 on: July 22, 2009, 06:25:17 PM »
^ Aww, I'm jealous! I just got into the manga and want the anime but it's a little too expensive for me right now.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #572 on: July 23, 2009, 12:03:45 PM »
Just watched FLCL for the umpteenth time. Never gets old for me. Also, it's inspired me to reread the manga, which is quite different from the anime.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 23, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »
I watched one episode, I'd never seen a Harem before. I was laughing at the end at how absolutely ridiculous it was.
It was ridiculous!  Especially because it started taking itself so seriously.  I consider this another train-wreck animé, where I just had to see it through.

I am finally going to finish Gurren Lagann!  I want to savor those last 4 episodes, so I'm waiting a bit (as if I haven't waited long enough).

E^D

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 23, 2009, 05:43:47 PM »
I'm really debating whether to pick up the Twelve Kingdoms complete set I saw the other day at the store. If anyone has seen it, you know how gorgeous it is - a truly epic piece of fantasy story telling, very plot driven and focused on character development. It might throw some people with its slow pacing, since it was originally based on a novel and has a similar pace to match, but it is a stunner. At only $45 I'm finding it hard to resist, even though I am not doing that well right now. As a 45 episode long series it was usually far too expensive for me, but now in the slim pack it is within reasonable reach. If you haven't seen it, do so.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #575 on: July 23, 2009, 05:57:22 PM »
I watched one episode, I'd never seen a Harem before. I was laughing at the end at how absolutely ridiculous it was.
I am finally going to finish Gurren Lagann!  I want to savor those last 4 episodes, so I'm waiting a bit (as if I haven't waited long enough).

E^D

Be prepared for hugeness like never before! Love that show.

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 23, 2009, 10:39:22 PM »
Well, I just finished Speed Grapher.

I'm pretty surprised how they were able to make me sympathize with that asshole Suitengu.
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 26, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »
Finally got hold of part 2 of ouran high school host club, certainly worth the money, I enjoyed the last 13 episodes, just as funny as the first 13 episodes

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 29, 2009, 01:54:22 AM »
i was rewatching ouran high, awesome stuff. Though i felt the manga pulled off some jokes better, that's the only bad thing I could say about the show.
Watched first ep of Full Metal Alchemist. Looks pretty good, so i think i'll skip over the test it out on youtube thing and just buy the box set.

Lan

« Reply #579 on: July 29, 2009, 10:04:31 AM »
original Full Metal Alchemist is rubbish. dont bother. they loose the plot after 20 episodes, and it just fizzles out at the end. the movie is completely stupid, with an expectedly poor ending.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 29, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »
^ I agree with that, a series I never really got into

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2009, 01:03:24 PM »
I'd just watch the opening theme for FMA because Ready Steady Go is such an awesome song and then flip the channel.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2009, 01:24:21 PM »
I liked FMA well enough, but I do agree that the plot really wanders too much at least half-way through the series. I hear the new series, Brotherhood, is better, but I have yet to see it.

I just got done watching the Disgaea anime, really odd but very entertaining. I love the Prinnies ^_^

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #583 on: July 29, 2009, 01:33:28 PM »
I just got done watching the Disgaea anime, really odd but very entertaining. I love the Prinnies ^_^

I'm so envious of you guys! You're all talking about anime I'm dying to see! I really liked the manga of Disgaea so I wanted to see the anime as well.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #584 on: July 29, 2009, 01:38:15 PM »
I completely disagree with all the FMA series nay-sayers. I LOVE that show, I think it develops amazingly. Just because it differs from the manga people seem to go all apeshit (that goes for other shows as well).