Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 150382 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #600 on: August 12, 2009, 02:04:22 PM »
Yep the eyebrow seen was funny,  not really jap anime, but I am currently watching gi joe movie.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 12, 2009, 07:40:28 PM »
watching:
Higurashi Ova ep 3
Tenjho Tenge
Vandread
Eden of the east
and slowly getting through revolutionary girl utena. Only up to the curry ep and saw the movie.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #602 on: August 20, 2009, 03:19:10 PM »
Gawd...

They were ridiculously expensive but I finally bought the two discs of Hare+Guu that I was missing online so I'll be re-watching what I have since my memory is a little foggy on what's happened so far. All I can really remember is that it's hilarious, Guu is odd, Hare's mom is a drunken slutt, and the doctor's a perv.

I hope who Hare's dad is will be revealed. I'm really curious about that since I think his mom's a liar, saying it was the doc.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 21, 2009, 07:54:38 AM »
Watching Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex (just watched both movies), and Desert Punk.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 21, 2009, 12:47:41 PM »
Still watching ouran host club, can't get enough

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 25, 2009, 12:21:05 AM »
finally finished school days. Crazy show, but i watched the censored version.
What was great about school days was that everything went wrong, no one else did it, and for that school days has my respect.
Despite what everyone says, i didn't hate Makoto. Seriously, give any repressed teenage boy the chance to sleep with a whole bunch of girls - and he'll do it. He loses points with me for being a total moron who couldn't plan out his man-whorish ways so that the girls didn't find out.By the end, I suppose he learnt his lesson, but i didn't really think he deserved to die.
Sekai shocked me because she basically manipulated Makoto and everyone around her into getting Makoto. She used the same technique with Setsuna as she did with Katsura. I think she deserved to be ditched. But Makoto should have taken responsibility when she said she was pregnant. I KNOW he's just a teenager, but he should realise the severity of the situation.
As for Kotonoha, she really should have realised Makoto wasn't worth her time. She is a sweet girl and yes, makoto was her first boyfriend, but she really did throw herself in and made him the most important thing in her life all too quickly.
Basically, this show reminds me all too much of my high school. it was pretty depressing how much similarity there was. And i couldn't really like the characters because they were pretty meanspirited and single-minded. I weep for mankind.
If you were to ask me who my favourite characters were, it would actually be Makoto and Kotonoha. I sort of wished they would have a good end together. But, i know there are in the games, so im not gonna be upset about it.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 10, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »
came back from Alcon with School Rumble 2nd semester and just finished watching all 26 episodes It still rocks shame the 3rd semester was cancelled T_T

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2009, 03:52:58 PM »
>>

<<

So... Like... I've been a fan of Sailor Moon for a long while and someone mentioned a spoof called "Sexy Sailor Soldiers" and provided a link to it. What the jerk didn't tell me was that it's Hentai. I've never seen one unless you count when I was rick-rolled with Night Shift Nurses clips but I stuck with it until it got to the tentacles. *shudders*
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 03:55:08 PM by Mad Hatteress »

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 12, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »
I finally bought and watched Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid.  I don't know what the hell I was waiting so long for...  Comedy!  Action!  Drama!  Romance!  Mystery!  It was so awesome.  The whole series, really, but that was one of the best, most satisfying endings of any animé I have ever seen.

Since I pay for the Animé Network, I've decided to watch Daphne In the Brilliant Blue.  It's...  Uh...  Almost tolerable?  The fan-service is amazingly prolific and inappropriate.  It reminds me of a Bizarro-Saiyuki: the future, with strippers and an air-head, instead the past, with demi-demons and a monk.  It has its moments, few and far between, but I like to torture myself, so I think I'll watch it until the end.

E^D

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2009, 09:15:05 PM »
>>

<<

So... Like... I've been a fan of Sailor Moon for a long while and someone mentioned a spoof called "Sexy Sailor Soldiers" and provided a link to it. What the jerk didn't tell me was that it's Hentai. I've never seen one unless you count when I was rick-rolled with Night Shift Nurses clips but I stuck with it until it got to the tentacles. *shudders*

LOL, ah yes, it always comes down to the tentacles in the end (figuratively and literally), along with forced enemas and piss fetishism. Damn pervy Japanese.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #610 on: September 13, 2009, 05:40:02 PM »
Currently watching Canaan. This is TYPE-MOON's latest animated adaptation since Fate/stay night. The series is based upon a scenario they wrote for a recent visual novel game (can't remember the name atm). Sort of complex but interesting characters so far. The first few episodes made very little sense as to what was going on but things have finally been starting to gel. Now I'm really into it. ^^

Type-Moon seems to have come through with a (so far) great story with incredible writing talent. They've also once again broken the mold that great female protagonists don't need to have ginormous breasts (ie: Saber - Fate/stay night) in order to be a kick-ass, ass-whoopin' character. Canaan's character design could be the girl next door, but she's far from normal with her special sensing abilities.

The story's beginning tells of a village from long ago whose people had an unusual disease and vanished one day without a trace. Suddenly they're coming back to the streets of Tokyo, but.. they're not quite right.

Great animation.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 13, 2009, 11:19:10 PM »
Finally catching up on Code Geass, bought the dvd with the Mao arc. I read from one guy how bad Mao was, but apart from the horrible fashion sense he had, he still felt like a realistic insane villain character.

Since I pay for the Animé Network, I've decided to watch Daphne In the Brilliant Blue.  It's...  Uh...  Almost tolerable?  The fan-service is amazingly prolific and inappropriate.  It reminds me of a Bizarro-Saiyuki: the future, with strippers and an air-head, instead the past, with demi-demons and a monk.  It has its moments, few and far between, but I like to torture myself, so I think I'll watch it until the end.

I bought that series since it was cheap. Yes, it's awkard to watch sometimes, some characters are ugly and badly designed and most of the characters have THE most repulsive outfits. I'm glad that some women pointed out that Yuu looked like a slut (she also had a baby with her at the time, so her embarrassment was paramount). I did like the OVA or extra eps they have where the do an informative video on Nerieds and one where Gloria and Maya switch bodies. To be fair, the ending is unexpectedly deep (or something?) and it felt like a cool series by then, but do you feel like waiting?

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 29, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
Last 2 things I saw were full metal panic fumoffu volume 2 and batman mask of the phantasm ( I know it ain't technically anime but who cares)

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 29, 2009, 04:04:53 PM »
I bought that series since it was cheap. Yes, it's awkard to watch sometimes, some characters are ugly and badly designed and most of the characters have THE most repulsive outfits. I'm glad that some women pointed out that Yuu looked like a slut (she also had a baby with her at the time, so her embarrassment was paramount). I did like the OVA or extra eps they have where the do an informative video on Nerieds and one where Gloria and Maya switch bodies. To be fair, the ending is unexpectedly deep (or something?) and it felt like a cool series by then, but do you feel like waiting?
You know, I think I see what you mean.  After a bunch more episodes, it's starting to grow on me.  Sure, some of the characters' faces/head shapes look...odd, and they run around needlessly (almost) naked (even their "normal" clothes are strangely vacant of material), but it is becoming quite funny along with the action.  When Yu Park basically fist-hammered the one guy's face into the wall for pulling a gun on Rena, so hard that "He'll be in a coma for days", that really made me laugh.  I think I'll keep watching it through until the end.

E^D

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 02, 2009, 01:14:03 PM »
Last 2 things I saw were full metal panic fumoffu volume 2 and batman mask of the phantasm ( I know it ain't technically anime but who cares)

Batman's just that awesome?
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.