Author Topic: Micki!'s manga drawings (and non manga if i feel like it)  (Read 104626 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Micki!'s manga drawings (and non manga if i feel like it)
« Reply #345 on: August 23, 2008, 01:50:37 PM »
So she takes BOTH Excel's clothes AND Menchi! :e_shocked:

... I wouldn't want to be in Ropp II's shoes right now.... or Excel's boots that she's wearing. lol!

I dunno... If the other panels look as good as the one you posted, I wouldn't worry about touching them up. :e_wink:

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #346 on: August 23, 2008, 04:05:32 PM »

I dunno... If the other panels look as good as the one you posted, I wouldn't worry about touching them up. :e_wink:

It's kinda  big deal to me really... I see something i made, and then realize 'Seriously, why didni't i do that better..? i CAN' -and i really can, so it bugs me that i didn't do it the first time around, and bugs me even more because that means a major reworking on the whole thing... I mean, sometimes it's just small things like, hair looks too stiff and not natural, and folding in clothes look awkward on most characters... That's not bad on a single drawing, but this goes on for nearly every panel on 20 pages, which makes it to like 150-200 Things to rework... And that's clothes and hair alone... Some actually need to be completely remade...

And i absolutely can't take it if one thing one the same drawing looks better than anotehr, so then i suddenly have to make everything on par with the best looking part in it... It's really annoying, but seriously, it'll look so much better, i'm actually embarassed to show anything yet because it doesn't look like how i want it to...

I recently reworked the first page slightly, when i'm completely done with it, i would like to do a comparison between older versions and the (more or less) finished form...

//rips out hair

But it's cool, and simply do the Duke Nukem Forever... Say 'when it's done' and keep going till it's likable... --Well to me...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2008, 02:22:22 PM »
I drew... Stuff...

Octabrain enemy from Duke Nukem series

Roppon 2 sketchy thing paper

Etna from Disgaea Sketchy thingy

And i drew a witch girl on my whitebord last night...

-It made me draw another witch girl in class the next day...

You probably wouldn't think that, but this image is actually A6... Today i tried setting the scanner to 400 DPI, and i love the change of quality from my earlier 200 DPI's :o
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:24:45 PM by Micki! »

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 03, 2008, 11:52:04 AM »
Great work. you always amaze me Micki I can't draw to save Knumlabs life but you know what your doing

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 03, 2008, 05:31:39 PM »
Thanks for the nice words  :sumyembarassed:

I wish i could appeal and compete the more demanding crowd out there (deviantart.com grr)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #350 on: October 05, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »
There's a so-so chance I could possibly maybe (although highly unlikely!!! :e_wink:) draw to save knumlab's life, but unfortunately I continue to procrastinate. We'll probably never know.

I can tell you're continuing to have fun with making different expressions and you're doing it really well. As HA1L has said you definately know what you're doing!

The witch drawn on the whiteboard looks really slick! Looks great on paper too. Who is she?

I wish i could appeal and compete the more demanding crowd out there (deviantart.com grr)
Are you serious?? :e_shocked:

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2008, 02:25:07 PM »
I just made up the Witch, it's not some existing character of a show or anything...
Let's call her Pew Pew though, it sounds like the standard semi-gibberish name choice some characters have, haha...

But yes, i hate to say that there are way too many i envy for being able to draw better than i do in extreme levels... (and color them too) Granted, they probably had art study and stuff to evovle faster and better while i haven't, but all in all it's a question of ability, and if they got a hand and a mind and that's all they use to draw, then i should damn well be able to as wll, i got hands and the ability to think as well...

I post my stuff a few places, of course they are missed by a whole load of people, especially those who only look for fully colored and really well done artwork.. My stuff alcks colors and that professional touch... And i like to compare what i do with whatever looks better...

I'll have to do the infamous Chuck Norris (TM) Roundhouse kick delivered to the face of anyone who says i'm close to those people, because obviously i am not... And that sucks... And that's what bugs me, there are way too many people that aren't pleased with this stuff by far, since there is too much other stuff that surpasses this... For the record, Drawing seems to be the only thing i excell at as for talents, so it's the only oppurtunity i have to make a career that i am happy to live with, so i hate the competition taking all the damn attention.... It only makes it harder for me to make something out of my life with the things i like and am decent at...

I'm done with the self ranting, please enjoy the things i make here...

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #352 on: October 06, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »
It's disappointing to think that DeviantArt has become that closed-minded. The important part of having an art community is to help others through critiquing their works to offer suggestions on how to improve. It shouldn't matter what level of experience anyone has - Everyone needs to start somewheres.

At any rate you do have the ability to make some incredible, polished art. I was stunned by the Excel Saga comic art you posted here. It ranks right up there with the best of 'em!

Just remember this, Micki!: DeviantArt is just an online art community. And while it can be a good resource for artists, not everything needs to start nor stop there. Nope.
If DeviantArt has failed you, look elsewhere.

Ever check out MangaRevolution.com? Lots of tutorials there you may enjoy.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 07, 2008, 03:46:02 AM »
It's not like i put all my faith on deviantart haha :D It's just one of those 'big places' that i liked to use as an example...
I never heard of the place you suggest though, if the tutorials they have also include tutorials for comic layouts and such, then i'm all for it...

I just made another drawing of that witch... now kneeling to the floor and shutting out loud noises with her hat...

It's not as good as the first though, since it's a bit rushed, it also has some funky errors, like the dress looking too short in the front...
First time i make this 'uhh it's loud' pose though, so i don't care much for those errors afterall...

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #354 on: October 07, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »
"Damn it..! Those neighbors with their loud music again! I... ARRRGHH! I'll get them for this. Ohhh yesssss, I'll take their speakers and shove them straight down their ... their.......... er.. heh.. eheheh... uhm.......

.. you didn't here me say that!"

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 08, 2008, 12:44:45 AM »
"Damn it..! Those neighbors with their loud music again! I... ARRRGHH! I'll get them for this. Ohhh yesssss, I'll take their speakers and shove them straight down their ... their.......... er.. heh.. eheheh... uhm.......

.. you didn't here me say that!"

Didn't hear you at all, yet i get the urge to suddenly shove something up my neighbors rear, because of an inspiring unidentified source...  :il_hahaha:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #356 on: October 08, 2008, 02:24:37 PM »
 :il_hahaha:

Curses... (Just realized my spelling error in that last post.) :lordilsmile:

I like how the bird on her hat mimics her emotions. I've seen this sort of thing done before either in an anime or manga. It's quite clever. It's a cute way of conveying what she's feeling.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 08, 2008, 11:23:44 PM »
:il_hahaha:

I like how the bird on her hat mimics her emotions. I've seen this sort of thing done before either in an anime or manga. It's quite clever. It's a cute way of conveying what she's feeling.

I am happy you noticed that..!
I too had the inspiration from random animes/mangas that had that sort of thing, although i can\t recall which ones it were...

The idea is simply that the hat is enchanted, and mimics the personality by movement, of the one who wear the hat... It basicly functions as another set of eyes... Look away, and it may notice things that you wouldn\t have seen with your own eyes... Effective, and highly inappropriate in classes, so it has to be removed under those occations :il_hahaha:

I had quite some ideas of a typical manga story with this character, as usual i have written it down as a text file, and it will stay there and collect virtual dust untill i get bored enough to pull it out and start drawing...

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 19, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »
I call it 'Roppon MARK 3'...

Why would Shiouji create such though, with... Breasts...
It's a mystery indeed  :shiouji:

I call this
'Roppon Le Jump and look back'
I put 'Le' in there for no reason at all, i just found it funny to call it that...

Too bad the split on the back of her shirt looks awful, it is the first time i draw her from behind... With clothes...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 04:14:12 PM by Micki! »

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #359 on: October 21, 2008, 02:36:08 PM »
Why would Shiouji create such though, with... Breasts...
It's a mystery indeed  :shiouji:
Quite simple actually.

He just seriously messed up his calculations when he created the body mold - his greatest epic failure to date. Tears of sadness ran down his face that day when she was created. :il_hahaha: