Author Topic: Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan  (Read 4178 times)

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
« on: October 07, 2007, 08:27:42 PM »
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan tells the story of Sakura Kusakabe, a third-year junior high school student who sometime in the future is going to offend God by inadvertently inventing immortality. Women are affected so that they stop aging after the age of twelve and Sakura is accused of creating a "Pedophile's World". Dokuro Mitsukai, a member of an order of angel assassins that are called Rurutie, has been sent from the future to kill him. Believing that Sakura can be redeemed, Dokuro decides instead to keep Sakura so occupied that he can never develop the immortality technology. Due to her impulsive nature, however, she frequently kills him - with her gigantic spiked kanab? (club) she has named Excalibolg - on a moment's impulse, returning him to life moments later with angelic magic. Sabato, another assassin of the Rurutie order who uses her feminine wiles to do her jobs, is dispatched to complete Dokuro's original mission: Sakura's assassination.

I first came across this in AMV Hell three, somehow when I saw that angel blow of that guys head with an oversized mace I had to understand more. I found the series to be hillarious despite its shortness. (Due to it so far only have a first season of 8 15 min episodes compiled in pairs created 4 full 30 min time slot episodes and the fact that the episodes only air once every 2 months)

I find it to be a fairly funny series that goes along with the total randomness that is Excel Saga.

If I were to put it I would say take Shiouji as a kid and give him his own great will in the form of a hot girl angel that also is the cause of his death.

Heres a youtube link that has the entro + a few scenes of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdrDLeE2MF8

But all in all I give it a 8/10 because it does at times feel like a bit of plot is missing that could have been added, it could have easily been made into 30 min time slots with the plot given per 15 min episode but im going to assume that it is because they want people to read the manga (also currently still being made).

Anyone got any thoughts on this anime?

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.
                 -Kyon

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
Re: Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 08:30:22 PM »
Wow, I was just on my way to make a post about this right now.  I just started watching it on Veoh, it's so incredibly F'ed up I find it hard to describe. 

And don't read too far in really, it's here for the craziness and not much else.  Can't speak to the manga, but the anime is REALLY odd...

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »
its funny that in it makes brutal murder and torture seem so upbeat and light lol

The second season just started too, came out aug. 11

-Kyon

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 07:06:41 AM »
Before it was pruned, I had posted a thread about this series about a year or so ago because, as ElricJC pointed out, "it's so incredibly F'ed up". :icon_lol:

It's a ridiculously short anime. I was left wanting a lot more. But now with a second season, looks like I have something to look forward to. We get to see Dokuro abusing her life-giving powers once again. I feel sorry for Sakura to endure it for the sake of our amusement though. heh..^^

If angels are that abusive, I'll take my chances in hell first.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 07:21:41 AM »
If angels are that abusive, I'll take my chances in hell first.

Brother, I'm already there, awww yeah  :im_nabeshin:.  The Lake of Fire still has some vacancies, but I'd avoid Acheron if I were you, it's a little rundown anymore, and way too overcrowded.

Anyway, I just finished watching ep. 3, and the series kind of puts me in mind of certain vulgar American cartoons - and by that I mean the animation is not at a premium, and it's obvious the makers made certain of that (the baboon picture cutout is one example), but the humor is extremely vulgar and while it looks like a kid's anime from the animation perspective, the humor is NOT.  Sexual humor, perversion, murder with enough blood spray to make Elfen Lied look timid, but all presented in a darkly humorous context.  You just sit there with a rather shocked look on your face but can't help but laugh, especially when you read the words to the cutsey sounding opening theme song, along with the disturbing images.

It is... unique, to say the least.  And yes, very short.  With 15 minute eps back to back it puts you in mind of some Adult Swim type cartoons, but this would never make it on AS (even if they still cared about Anime), it's just way too over the top. 

To my knowledge it still hasn't been released in an official English dub yet, and neither has the manga (correct me if I am wrong), so the only way to see it that I've found is fansubs, which have proven to be good.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 08:58:41 AM »
Yea it is fairly good, the second season has kept up with all the craziness of the first season but it has left some kinda un-answered things that the first season never explained, but seeing as this anime is all about the randomness and acceptance of things that cant be fully explained I guess I have to let that one go.

I like the second season entro song (it has slight different tortures of the guy), that part where it shows Dokuro smoking a cigar while a silluet of the guy supporting himself up only with his arms facing away from the camera makes me laugh every time.

I just hate that the episodes only come out once every 2 months, but the next one should be out soon! Since first came out Aug. 11 and its now oct.

-Kyon

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 03:14:51 PM »
The Lake of Fire still has some vacancies, but I'd avoid Acheron if I were you, it's a little rundown anymore, and way too overcrowded.
Seeing as I dislike crowds, The Lake Of Fire sounds rather quaint. ^_^

Decided to check out episode one of series two today. Just as messed up as the first series (that's a good thing!)

It should be noted however that there are actually two versions of the series. O.o WTH...???
One version has some of the more extreme scenes censored out. I couldn't believe it. These scenes are replaced with the guy with the monkey head and a view of a beach. O_<

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 03:19:48 PM »
It should be noted however that there are actually two versions of the series. O.o WTH...Huh?
One version has some of the more extreme scenes censored out. I couldn't believe it. These scenes are replaced with the guy with the monkey head and a view of a beach. O_<

Yes, I read about that.  Those edited eps were the ones actually aired on Japanese TV - yes, the show was too vulgar to even show uncensored on late night Japanese TV.  Shocking, innit?

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 03:26:07 PM »
the show was too vulgar to even show uncensored on late night Japanese TV.  Shocking, innit?

I have never heard of such a thing in my life. D:

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 03:36:13 PM »
thats so f*d up that I can't wait to get it now  :ehail:

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 04:23:16 PM »
thats so f*d up that I can't wait to get it now 

There's always Veoh if that doesn't make you feel like a pirate (Arrr!)  Course if you don't watch fansubs and don't know Japanese then you couldn't see it at all.  Veoh even has fansubs in German and Polish from what I've seen, possibly more.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 04:51:01 PM »
Its possible that the second season will have unedited episodes that will be released in the DVD. Ive seen some youtube clips and have seen episodes of season with similar censoring as the second season (but instead of the monkey they got Dokuro in a workers outfit similar to excel but the beach is still in background)

-Kyon

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »
Finished the first season and saw 1 & 2 of season 2.  Just plain dirty... and my question is how did Zakuro-Chan suddenly become so friendly?  Also, the bath scene... god, that's just wrong on so many different levels...

Oh, and if you use Veoh you can set your settings to turn the default Family Filter off.  Then you can see the uncensored 18+ versions of the episodes (no beach and monkey b.s.)

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »
does that work for the second season?

But yea its a kinda plot hole that I felt they could have fixed (amoung other plot holes that could easily make it a full length episode for each part) But then again the series is still young and its possible it can still be explained later
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 08:52:27 PM by skycloud117 »

-Kyon

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 05:44:11 AM »
does that work for the second season?

Yup.  Watched the censored version first, then went poking around and found I could turn the filter off.  Then I found the uncensored version.