Author Topic: The tragic fall of Watanabe  (Read 23186 times)

SWamP

• Unpaid Translator
  • Toilet Cleaner
  • In your house, cooking your pets.
    • View Profile
    • Efexsagá
Re: The tragic fall of Watanabe
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2008, 05:17:23 PM »
The guy has serious problems and if Iwata wasn't around for Watanabe to take His frustrations out on lord only knows what he would end up doing :il_hahaha:

:iwata: I´m THE solution of all your problems!
 :iwata: I'm... a Warrior of Justice!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2008, 08:49:06 PM »
The guy has serious problems and if Iwata wasn't around for Watanabe to take His frustrations out on lord only knows what he would end up doing :il_hahaha:

:iwata: I´m THE solution of all your problems!
 :iwata: I'm... a Warrior of Justice!
Yeah, it's often been apparent that Iwata is like Watanabe's punching bag. A cybernetic punching bag.

Without having him as his stress reliever, Watanabe, being as high-strung as he is at times, might be impossible for everyone to deal with.

Maverick375

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 08:21:29 AM »
yeah but the funny thing is he doesn't get it in the end as its used to get access to kabapu's bank accounts XD

I actually think his debt has been repayed. Momochi would be the one keeping track of it, and it's not like the debt was owed to an outside group or bank. That and you don't hear him babbling about not having money again. He enters the room in the last frame of the chapter saying "Hey!! The King of Debt!!" to Iwata.

fall out boy

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
True, so very true. I was actually happy for the bloke, finally settling down, and sure, I was surprised at how quick he was to go for "it", but man that sucked for him when Hyatt gets up and leaves the poor fellow. I mean, how would you feel if your fionce (I think that's how you spell it) left you barely after saying yes, with another man by the way.

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »
To think, once his worries consisted only of noisy next-door neighbors and recessions.

Poor Watanabe. So many mangas are about meek men such as our dear W who eventually succeed in winning the girl/ respect/ control of shiny magic power/ other hokey quest. And of course their noble character traits are enhanced along the way. Watanabe is more realistic. Sometimes, you're thrust into a situation that you just can't cope with, and the straw on the proverbial camel's back is bound to break eventually. And when that happens, your good character traits are rarely showcased. I think Rikdo wants to emphasize that not everything is goodness and light,that being bitter is a lot easier. And, in fact, that the if I only try harder, everything will be OK, or the follow your dreams at any cost mentality so many shonen mangas spout can get a little... weird... if taken to extremes.
In short, he's kind of a miser, a misanthrope, a slave to materialism,  and he's pinned all his hopes on a girl to "fix him", but he's more real than most manga bishie-boys, so we still heart him.

How much further down can he go before going all completely crazed rampaging civil servant?
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2009, 02:38:33 AM »
he's already tried assassination

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
True, he is kind of already there... I just pray he never becomes a cyborg.

Dr. Iwata

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 06:00:45 AM »
Good God a watanabe-borg would be a nightmare :il_hahaha:

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2009, 08:12:07 AM »
what kind of cyborg
or

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2009, 04:00:27 PM »
^ I vote for the Terminator. :il_hahaha:

At this point, Watanabe probably feels as though he has nothing left to lose since losing his Miss Ayasugi, aka: Hyatt. This could make him a very dangerous man - and he's already proved it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:05:46 PM by Lord Il »

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 02:55:41 AM »
im worried about what will happen when he meets up with ayasugi. I'm hoping he'll soften up, but based on their last encounter, i think she'll snub him.

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »
If he ran into sickly!Hyatt again, I think he might just turn Those Games into reality at this point. Remember Excel's apprehension about him in the sewer way back when? Yeah. That. Heh... or maybe he'd turn normal? ... ... HAHAHA, NO. Boy is doomed.
>Quivers in hilarious fear at the thought of Watanabinator.<
I have to admit that creepy Watanabe is finally growing on me, though. The exchange between him and Iwata in volume nineteen was priceless ("Watanabe, what is love?" "It's like sex for the weak.") :eheart: Remember when he would have rambled something about selflessness and respect? Ahh, those were the days.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2009, 01:56:49 AM »
I reckon if Watanabe ran into Sickly Hyatt then we're are going to have a re-run of volume 12 where his mind fights it's self, either that or we are going to get a replay of when they met in the anime near the end (Hyatt with a gun at him)

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2009, 07:43:40 PM »
Seeing Hyatt again may throw yet another wrench in the system of his mind...  He may attempt to kidnap her.  I wouldn't put it past him, at this point.

I also like that he has no respect for Kabapu (and it shows), but supports Kabapu just to get Hyatt back.

My favorite line from 19:  "Wow!  Did we say dictator?  We meant insane dictator!"

Now that he's fully lost it, his lines are too funny.  He has a lot of good ones in 19.
The exchange between him and Iwata in volume nineteen was priceless ("Watanabe, what is love?" "It's like sex for the weak.") :eheart: Remember when he would have rambled something about selflessness and respect? Ahh, those were the days.
I laughed so much when I read that line!  X^D  After his change, his english anime voice matches him even less, in my head.

Another gem: "Uh, Doc, whereas my horrible crimes are committed only in video games, yours are real."

E^D

Dechan

• Talks Like Sumiyoshi
  • Unemployed
  • LET ME TELL YOU THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
Aye, Watanabe is definitely the most improved character. Originally, while I liked him in a "I don't really like the character but 'e was certainly needed for the Ha-chan and Iwata stuff" kinda way, his evilness has made 'im one of me favourite characters.

Before that, unless he was bumbling aroond chasing Ha-chan or arguing with Iwata for being a doilum, I'd typically find 'im to be irritating more than owt else. Now when I see 'im, I get excited 'cause I just wanna see what the bloody 'ell's gonna roll off 'is tounge next.