Author Topic: Do you believe what you read?  (Read 3423 times)

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Do you believe what you read?
« on: November 04, 2007, 07:33:50 PM »
Anyone ever read manga and see ideals or thoughts that could be related in real life somehow and it change your opinion of the world etc etc?

Like reading Excel Saga and thinking of what Il Palazzo says is somewhat correct and makes me see how the world is run a little differently because I think on some ideas he is right.

Or how Shouji talks of the problems with the next stage of technology is not possible because of our reliance of premative forms of energy.

Does anyone else read ideas in manga about the real world and find it is really like that as well?

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.
                 -Kyon

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you believe what you read?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:02:09 PM »
I don't take comics seriously. :lordilsmile:

excel-kleinwald

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »
I've taken Lord Il Palazzo's ideals about the world to heart since the very first time I've read it and feel to this day that perhaps the world would be a lot better if it could be united under one rule.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 08:48:27 PM »
I've taken Lord Il Palazzo's ideals about the world to heart since the very first time I've read it and feel to this day that perhaps the world would be a lot better if it could be united under one rule.

That's what Hitler thought.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:43:03 PM »
Hitler's ideals werent just that. He was also about the germans being the master race and wiping out all other people off the face of the earth as well.

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.
                 -Kyon

excel-kleinwald

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 03:27:47 AM »
Hitler had some good ideas... he just went about it the wrong way.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 06:04:26 AM »
Hitler's ideals werent just that. He was also about the germans being the master race and wiping out all other people off the face of the earth as well.

I knew that already.  Thank you, Robot Chicken! :laugh:

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 08:15:45 AM »
I've taken Lord Il Palazzo's ideals about the world to heart since the very first time I've read it
ditto but with me it's my boss who's corrupt rather then the entire world (maybe Mr Brown) I sear give my boss a tashe and hairdo he is the new kabapu

other then that no nowt in manga makes me think differantly

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 08:54:24 AM »
I don't know about the whole ONE BISHONEN TO RULE THEM ALL business, but I've always been something of a grumpy old man, so I can definitely understand where Il Palazzo is coming from. I remember that, back in the day when I was all tainted by the anime and wasn't sure I liked the Excel Saga manga, Il Palazzo going off on Christmas was one of the things that endeared me to him.

Heh, I'm surprised nobody's brouhgt the Death Note punks who think that Light ought to be God for reals.

R Kenshin

• Bio Scientist
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 01:35:59 PM »
I try not to take comics too seriously. Sadly, i have to admit that I found a good lesson in Family Guy of all things. "Thats a new low"`The character Brian told stewie that he needs to stop complaining about killing lois cuz all he does is whin about it and then goes about his life never accomplishing anything. And when i heard that i was shocked at how i too say imma gonna do something but never get to it. So now i do what i say i am gonna do... wow what a mouth full.
Roar, Roar, fight the power