Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126242 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »
We've got the best pizza ever here in Austin.  Srsly, if you're ever in Texas, stop by Milto's Pizza Pub/Greek Restaurant.  Best shit ever.
I believe you, but I'm going to have to take umbrage with that statement.

Great pizza?  I live in New Jersey, only a few miles from New York City.

'Nuff said.

E^D
hmm... Sounds almost like a challenge. :il_hahaha:

Wouldn't it be great if we could have a taste test competition between the two? That would be epic.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 02:57:16 AM »
Change of avataaaar...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 10:24:42 AM »
Change of avataaaar...
Isn't tha'cho old one?

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »
Sorry, but I need to vent a little.

I'm doing a paper on sexism in video games and I came across a blog that I just had to respond to since the stupid little bitch basically said it's abnormal for females to like games and we'd much prefer shopping instead. Upon replying that she's dead wrong and, that while the number of male gamers are higher then females, there are still plenty and they can enjoy violent games just as much as any man.

Apparently because of my POV I'm a lesbian who needs to see a therapist. This little cunt makes me sick.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 10:37:18 AM »
Apparently because of my POV I'm a lesbian who needs to see a therapist. This little cunt makes me sick.
Link please! This person needs to be trolled hardcore. ;)

Also, make sure to mention Ninja Gaiden in your sexist vidya games paper. Love the game, could do without the degrading cutscenes. lol

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 10:51:37 AM »
Link please! This person needs to be trolled hardcore. ;)

http://mcgeech2.wordpress.com/2008/10/14/is-gaming-gendered/

I'm not going to deny that some of the comments I made aren't stupid as well but I can get fairly unintelligent in the heat of the moment.

Also, make sure to mention Ninja Gaiden in your sexist vidya games paper. Love the game, could do without the degrading cutscenes. lol

Thank you very much, I will look into that since I need to provide more examples. I haven't played the series but I'm sure I can find the cutscenes on youtube or elsewhere. I've mention Haunting Ground, though, a game which really surprised me because the back and manual don't mention anything about the guy wanting to kidnap Fiona because he wants to impregnate her. It was actually funny at first because he shouts "Let me into your womb!" but that ceased, in my quest to get all the endings, when he actually does rape her in the bad ending and you see him stroke her hair while she sits with a swollen belly in a chair and Fiona laughs like a maniac before the scene ends. That's a pretty sick take on getting raped.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 01:22:40 PM by Mad Hatteress »

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 11:55:35 AM »
You should use the Succubus boss fight from MadWorld as an example for the lulz.

Don't forget to write about 11 year old boys on Xbox Live who say stuff like "omgf r u a reel grl?!?" :laugh:

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 12:24:12 PM »
^ or how about the 11 year old chavs who play xbox live and use foul language when they lose, so sad

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 02:23:32 PM »
You should use the Succubus boss fight from MadWorld as an example for the lulz.

Oh, god, I have a funny story relating to that. I get waaaay to into games sometimes and with that part I was actually saying "Look away from the boobies, Jack!" while doing the motions which was right when my mother walked into the room.  :hdead:

Don't forget to write about 11 year old boys on Xbox Live who say stuff like "omgf r u a reel grl?!?" :laugh:

Never been on Xbox Live but there was an incident when I was in Target and a worker there asked if I needed any help. I said "No" and went from looking at the Cube games to the PS2 games to then hear him say "PS2 games won't work in the Game Cube." 'Cause obviously I can't own both systems, right?. He then tried to get me to buy Metroid because "It's a girl you play as!". I really couldn't care less and I have no desire to play Metroid even if Samus is a chick. I actually told the the guy to leave me alone after that because I was getting annoyed.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 04:09:51 AM »

Never been on Xbox Live but there was an incident when I was in Target and a worker there asked if I needed any help. I said "No" and went from looking at the Cube games to the PS2 games to then hear him say "PS2 games won't work in the Game Cube." 'Cause obviously I can't own both systems, right?. He then tried to get me to buy Metroid because "It's a girl you play as!". I really couldn't care less and I have no desire to play Metroid even if Samus is a chick. I actually told the the guy to leave me alone after that because I was getting annoyed.

Wow, that's damn far out, what a narrow viewed ass...

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »
^ Yeah, I'm just glad something like that never happened again and he caught me in good mood at the time so I didn't get snarky.

Also... Darn you and your user name! Every time I see it I get that "Mickey" cheerleading-type song stuck in my head.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 01:33:02 PM »
Actually it's my real first name, with an exclamation mark attached...

I had a friend who used to sing that song to me when i turned up, hahaha :D
Felt like a theme song was playing whenever i approached... Wish they spelled the name like mine though :O

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 08:59:21 PM »
We've got the best pizza ever here in Austin.  Srsly, if you're ever in Texas, stop by Milto's Pizza Pub/Greek Restaurant.  Best shit ever.
I believe you, but I'm going to have to take umbrage with that statement.

Great pizza?  I live in New Jersey, only a few miles from New York City.

'Nuff said.

E^D
hmm... Sounds almost like a challenge. :il_hahaha:

Wouldn't it be great if we could have a taste test competition between the two? That would be epic.

im a pretty bombass cook.
im also good at mixing drinks too if you drink
>:/

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »
Someone ****ing shoot me! I had to do a peer review in my English Comp. class for a comparison and contrast paper and the lady's I had to revise did her on Twilight the book versus the movie. It was horribly written and made my eyes bleed! WHY GOD?! WHY?!

I'm going home now. It sucks; I'll get back at around ten and have to be up to work at 5:30AM.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »
Twilight
That's the biggest problem with it right there. :il_hahaha: