Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126379 times)

Mad Hatteress

Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2009, 03:18:05 PM »
*sigh*

...Halloween is my favorite holiday and yet it is a depressing time for me because I am still in desperate need of a new costume but I am an awkward size that is between womens and juniors. I really get body issues when I see I lack the boobies to wear women's costumes and hate to think that I so resemble a little kid. I saw an Alice costume in juniors that might do so maybe... Meh...

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2009, 12:44:52 PM »
Wow, what's the deal? There aren't any new posts at all! Not a single one!

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »
I like halloween especially since Saw VI is coming out, yeah

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »
Well, to bleed over a bit from the bad luck thread, now I broke my left hand. Specifically, my middle knuckle, when I punched the bathroom counter to force myself to the right as my head was plummeting towards it after slipping on a slick spot in the shower. Yay, typing my thesis for the past week with one finger on my left hand. Oddly enough, I'm still on pace O.o;;
Damn, that sucks big time. Glad that it wasn't any more serious than it was though!

Something like five years ago, I don't know how I was so lucky to not break my right thumb. I was helping to gut out an old walk-in freezer to convert it to usable kitchen space for my ex-boss. Me and another guy were pulling off a piece of plywood off one of the walls when his hands slipped off it and the thumb of my glove hooked on it. The plywood sprang back and hauled my thumb backwards. UGH! The pain was ridiculous. >_< The lower half of my hand swelled for two days but surprisingly, healed quite fast. It was probably bruised simliar to what you have.

Wow, what's the deal? There aren't any new posts at all! Not a single one!
Okay, satisfied now? :e_wink:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
Okay, satisfied now? :e_wink:

No. Now I want someone to chat with and nobody's there, not even Micki!, the loli-loving-lad who seems to rarely leave his home.

Also, the Zombieland trailer looks awesome. Zombie movies tend to scare the hell out of me but I think I'll like this one. They'd better not pull a "Shaun of the Dead" where it starts out freaking hilarious and then just gets sad.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2009, 03:05:52 PM »
I'm there i'm there..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »
The zombieland trailer did look funny, saw a clip for ut when I went to see that crappy soroity row, just a basic teen slasher with nothing original what so ever.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2009, 01:58:47 PM »
I'd watch Zombieland.. Looks like a fun movie i'd enjoy...

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2009, 08:57:20 PM »
Hell yeah, Zombieland looks awesome, perhpas the only movie so far this year that I'm itching to see.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2009, 07:11:28 AM »
OK... I know it's really bad for a twenty-year-old to be saying this but I really want to see Where the Wild Things Are as well. I loved the book as a kid and the film really looks amazing, like something Jim Henson would have done.

Grr... I found a leprechaun costume I would've loved to wear for Halloween but it was in guy's sizes only. Plus, I could also wear it on Saint Patrick's Day, which is also my birthday, and I'll be turing twenty-one this year. I'd totally go to bars dressed in that costume and dance on the counter or something. I have no interest in drinking but I think I could have fun if I went with a group of people that I know.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2009, 08:26:38 AM »
Now i demand to see photos of any event that occurs while you wear such a costume, if it ever happens..!

And sorry for being away so much in chat D:
it's just, it's not very funny staring at a blank screen for hours... :/

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2009, 09:53:15 AM »
Seconded. I wish I could see that! If you're ever in Ohio, it's leprechaun bar-crawl time. XD
 I'm getting really excited for Halloween too. I'm going to a con in Kentucky over that weekend, so I'm debating whether I want to buckle down and make a Hyatt costume or if I just want to go as Gert from Runaways. I was thinking Elgala, but I don't know if I can style my long purple wig into the trademark curls. Plus, I could use fake blood with Hyatt... Decisions, decisions.
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2009, 10:38:22 AM »
OK... I know it's really bad for a twenty-year-old to be saying this but I really want to see Where the Wild Things Are as well. I loved the book as a kid and the film really looks amazing, like something Jim Henson would have done.

Grr... I found a leprechaun costume I would've loved to wear for Halloween but it was in guy's sizes only. Plus, I could also wear it on Saint Patrick's Day, which is also my birthday, and I'll be turing twenty-one this year. I'd totally go to bars dressed in that costume and dance on the counter or something. I have no interest in drinking but I think I could have fun if I went with a group of people that I know.

Ah, reminds me of when I was 22, hanging out with my father at Bodacious Classics in Portland, OR. It was a genuine geek bar, every Thursday night just like when we went out there he would dress up as a Klingon in full regalia and sing Klingon Karaoke, of songs he translated from English into Klingon (like "Bad to the Bone," "Over the Rainbow," and "My Way") Funniest sight ever. Then I got drunk, put on a Darth Vader helmet and sang "Henry the Eighth I Am" while twirling a Bat'leth around.

Good times.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2009, 10:51:17 AM »
I was thinking Elgala, but I don't know if I can style my long purple wig into the trademark curls. Plus, I could use fake blood with Hyatt... Decisions, decisions.

Ah, Starcat from the forums here had an Elgala costume once, i didn't see much, but it was pretty sweet on the blurry shot i saw, her spiral curls were made from colored hair, some sort of glue or something, and using a large cone to shape it correctly
ended up looking very authentic ..!

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »
yeah, i wanna see where the wild things are too. It may have a simple story, but if the visuals are good it'll be worth my while.
oh, and i finished my first week at my new job. so far it suits me, gives me hours to think n chill. it's physical too, but i'll adjust. And i'll be laughing at the atm when i see my pay packet! now i can buy all the ruruoni kenshin dvds i want. mwa haha!