Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126359 times)

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »
Why yes we do!  :eheart: Under the banner, there are the navigation tabs
It goes:
|Home|Help|Search|Profile|My Messages|Members|Gallery|Chat|Logout|
Click on the chat button, and you're set!
Hope to see you around! We have strange fun in the chatrooms!
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »
...Yeah... Hi...

I've just been lurking a little and being anti-social because I thought the funk I'm in would pass soon but it hasn't. Well, I am the attention/drama whore of the board so here it is: I saw someone die at the hospital. Literally their last moments in a room while they were trying to keep him alive. It was an old man, and a stranger, but it still really got to me.

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2009, 10:04:21 PM »
Oh Hat, that's really wrenching. I dislike hospitals myself for that very reason.
At least there was someone in the room who was truly affected by his death. I'm sure he'd appreciate that, even it was a visceral reaction like fear or panic in addition to sadness. That's only natural so don't fret; you really seem to be a kind-hearted person.
I want to hug you now, so you'll just have to imagine it. Oops, I think I got a little too friendly. I didn't mean to grope you there, really. My hand slipped.
Oh dear, I think that was the sound of me causing an awkward silence.
Now come out of lurking; I miss you and your comments and chatting!

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2009, 01:28:32 PM »
Thanks Pample, I appreciate it; you've made me feel better and laugh a little.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 06, 2009, 03:13:36 AM »
i had a sucky time at the hospital. I fell on a sewing needle and it went into my knee. It didn't help that i waited from 11Pm to 5Am to even see the doctor. Then i was waiting in a bed until 4 when i had to go to the operating theatre. I've never been in that situation and i havent been to the doctor for myself in 10 years. It was scawy!!! But i just got home and i can sort of walk so im okay!
But why was there a needle in the carpet? Only my mother could have done it. Is she saying i should just go ahead.... and die? *goes and impersonates Keiichi's flipout*

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2009, 06:53:23 AM »
That would be pretty effecting, Maddy. I don't know what I'd do if I ever watched someone die.

Glad you're feeling better, though. ;D

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2009, 07:34:39 AM »
Yeah... As days pass and the memory because less vivid and clear I'm able to get past it a little more. It helped that it was an old person, since they lived a long life and it was probably time for them to go. If it were a kid or something I think I'd be in the loony bin by now.

I wasn't even supposed to be there! I was just supposed to deliver a tray to ER, which I typically just put on the desk, but for some reason the lady told me to go around into the actual ER and someone there would take it and deliver it to a patient in one of the rooms. That was when the whole incident happened and I just had to stand in a corner so I'd be out of the way since people were running in and out to try and help this poor man.

i had a sucky time at the hospital. I fell on a sewing needle and it went into my knee. It didn't help that i waited from 11Pm to 5Am to even see the doctor. Then i was waiting in a bed until 4 when i had to go to the operating theatre. I've never been in that situation and i havent been to the doctor for myself in 10 years. It was scawy!!! But i just got home and i can sort of walk so im okay!
But why was there a needle in the carpet? Only my mother could have done it. Is she saying i should just go ahead.... and die? *goes and impersonates Keiichi's flipout*

Oh, yikes! That sucks and my knee feels tingly just thinking about it! It happens with people who sew, though; needles get miss-placed. When I was a little kid I sat on a pillow my grandmother made for me and my hind-end got pricked by a needle. Hurt like heck but it's pretty funny now.

That also reminds of what happened at a birthday party I attended awhile back: A toothpick was on the floor and a kid stepped in it. It went right into his big toe and actually broke off. Luckily it was around the time I left because the birthday boy's mom was trying to fish it out of his toe. *shudders*

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »

Oh, yikes! That sucks and my knee feels tingly just thinking about it!

the last time i heard a girl talking about her legs being tingly....oh wait
>:/

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #188 on: October 06, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »
Yeah... As days pass and the memory because less vivid and clear I'm able to get past it a little more. It helped that it was an old person, since they lived a long life and it was probably time for them to go. If it were a kid or something I think I'd be in the loony bin by now.
That's what's most important about such an incident - The fact that it was an older individual, it tends to be a little more acceptable.

A child on the other hand... no.
That would be just wrong.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 06, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »
Well, in the grand tradition of Elric's bad luck, now my van has bitten the big one. The whole engine basically self-destructed, never mind the fact that I had it thoroughly checked out just 4 months ago and have always taken great care of it. The repairs would cost more than I have left to pay on it. And yeah, I'm still making payments, which I must continue to do for the next year even though the vehicle in question is nothing more than a giant paperweight. And I live far from public transport. Luckily my mother's vehicle is still ok, and now we both invested in a U.S. Fidelis plan to protect the engine in case it needs work. I don't have the money to even get a shitty beater right now.

Oh, yeah, and it happened on my birthday. Thanks, world, you shouldn't have...

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #190 on: October 06, 2009, 06:04:46 PM »
You really ARE unlucky Elric, i feel bad for you ... :o
I hope things change to the better for you very soon..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 06, 2009, 09:04:47 PM »
I had a friend whose car broke down today too. Must be a bad luck day, eh?
I feel ya on the broke part. If my car broke down, I would be screwed. 
Hope your luck gets better!!
But I almost missed the most important point. IT IS (or recently was) YOUR BIRTHDAY!

!!!
To think, I didn't even get you anything!
Just you wait...
Oh wait, you don't have to! Look how thoughtful I am! I made you nudie pics of the ACROSS girls!

...beggars can't be choosers. I'm the one without art skills, remember?

:elangry:
   O|O
     |
    / \     

:ehail:
   O|O
     |
    / \

:hdead:
   O|O
     |
    / \

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2009, 03:02:16 AM »

:elangry:
  (  Y  )
     |
    / \     

:ehail:
   o|o
     |
    / \

:hdead:
   o|o
     |
    / \

I had to fix the breast sizes for more authenticy...

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2009, 07:06:20 AM »
Wow... That came out of nowhere so I nearly spewed water on my computer!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELRIC!

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2009, 08:15:33 AM »
Shizz, i forgot to say that too, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Elric ..!