Author Topic: Wanna look at my ceramic pieces (and random junk)?  (Read 21556 times)

Mad Hatteress

Re: Wanna look at my ceramic pieces (and maybe some crappy drawings)?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »

Like the new creation very much, especially the white rabbit there. Although I think I'll be seeing the twins in some disturbing dreams in the near future...

Well, as long as you don't let them lure you in with stories about oysters I think you'll be fine.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2009, 01:18:33 AM »
That's really cool ..! :D

You captured the looks pretty well, at least the Disney designs... I'm not really sure, is there even an "Alice" look to things according to the story..? i mean MUST the rabbit wear clothes and walk on two legs, MUST Alice wear a dress and not a skirt..? MUST the Card Guards have a head or not etc... Or is there no canon "rules" as such, to make it an "authentic" Alice In Wonderland story...

Just asking, since honestly, all i ever saw was the Live Action series by Hallmark, and the Disney adaption...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2009, 06:28:54 AM »

You captured the looks pretty well, at least the Disney designs... I'm not really sure, is there even an "Alice" look to things according to the story..? i mean MUST the rabbit wear clothes and walk on two legs, MUST Alice wear a dress and not a skirt..? MUST the Card Guards have a head or not etc... Or is there no canon "rules" as such, to make it an "authentic" Alice In Wonderland story...

John Tenniel did the original illustrations for the two Alice books, but I don't he ever colored them; I think other people did that later. Disney loosely designed the characters for the movie based on them and I actually like their version of the Hatter a lot better.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2009, 07:24:14 AM »
Short fellow with a slight overbite and signature clothes and large hat... That's him indeed, and how i always imagine him to be like...
The new movie with Johnny depp about Alice, it bugged me a little... although i like his "odd character" style of acting alot... but i just never imagined the Mad hatter to be a semi-young looking tall man...

Alice seems always to be a blond girl with a blue'ish white dress, i don't think i ever saw different versions of her... It's new to me that the rabbit wasn't brown on that pic though, i always thought he was white..!

[edit:]
Eh, i just thought about it a second time, and i completely forgot that the friend of the Mad Hatter who attended to his not-birthday tea party was also a rabbit, a brown one... So the other rabbit with the watch must indeed be white then...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 09:33:22 AM by Micki! »

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2009, 10:36:20 AM »
I love Alice's expression in that picture; it looks like she's about to stab something. XD
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2009, 02:30:48 PM »
^I agree. She looks kinda PO'ed. :il_hahaha:

That picture reeeally takes me back though. I've seen it before. O_o

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2009, 06:37:06 PM »
The new movie with Johnny depp about Alice, it bugged me a little... although i like his "odd character" style of acting alot... but i just never imagined the Mad hatter to be a semi-young looking tall man...

...Don't even get me started on that. Seriously. I want to drag Burton out into the street and shoot him. First he rapes poor Charlie and now Alice. What is it with him and making characters look like pedophiles? His version of the Hatter is the first I've ever disliked.

Alice seems always to be a blond girl with a blue'ish white dress, i don't think i ever saw different versions of her... It's new to me that the rabbit wasn't brown on that pic though, i always thought he was white..!

The blond, blue eyed Alice has always bugged me because technically the "real" Alice had brown hair and green eyes. You see, Lewis Carroll is actually like Shioji in that he was very, very fond of little girls. One day on a boat ride Alice Liddle asked him to tell her a story and he made up Alice in Wonderland right there on the spot, then later adding chapters when he wrote the book.

[edit:]
Eh, i just thought about it a second time, and i completely forgot that the friend of the Mad Hatter who attended to his not-birthday tea party was also a rabbit, a brown one... So the other rabbit with the watch must indeed be white then...

Right. The Hatter's friend is the March Hare and the rabbit Alice chases is Harold, the White Rabbit (his real name is only mentioned once in the book).

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2009, 01:52:42 PM »
While I'm gone here's a guy with a funny hat to take my place! You can sit and have staring contests with him!

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2009, 02:08:32 PM »
I'm having a staring contest with that odd hat of his...
It looks like a pickle, a freaking vegetable... :icon_eek:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2009, 02:10:25 PM »

I thought it looked like an... Um... "Marital Aide" when I first saw him but I have a dirty mind.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2009, 03:07:26 PM »
Honestly, i thought that too... But decided to say pickle, i wouldn't want you get all hatin' on me, and probably never touch the tip again...

Don't tell me it works as a fountain as well... D:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »

I thought it looked like an... Um... "Marital Aide" when I first saw him but I have a dirty mind.
Apparently I have a dirty mind as well...  :e_crying:

Mad Hatteress

Re: Wanna look at my ceramic pieces (and random junk)?
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »
Here's some pics from my trip, guys! Hopefully Photobucket cooperates with me in how I re-size them so they're not super huge and take too much time to load. It may still take awhile since I think I'll be posting a ton, though.

My mother and I drove about 300 miles, I think, to Ely because she wanted to see the bears and wolves. The bears were super awesome because the people there would feed Honey, Teddy, and Lucky every hour and half so you were guaranteed to see at least one of them. Here's pics that I took while watching them:

Squirrels and chipmunks sneak inside and try to find scraps the bears leave:

An FYI:

The wolves weren't so great. They only feed them twice a week so there's really no reason for them to come into view. Also, unlike the bears, there's no outside area to go out to so you can better view/take pictures! I only got a few crappy ones:

On the way home we stopped at Grand Rapids, which is Judy Garland's birthplace, to see the museum dedicated to her. It isn't all that big but very interesting.

Wizard of Oz dolls from 1989:

One of the original Dorothy dresses!:

The carriage used in the movie:

Two of the UGLIEST Dorothy dolls I have ever seen (NOTE: Those are replicas of the Ruby Slippers next to them we'll get to where the originals are next):

Isn't this awful? They had an original pair of Ruby Slippers that were used in the movie and someone a few years back stole them and they haven't been seen since:

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2009, 02:24:06 PM »
Oh lawd, you had quite a trip there :D
Those bear shots are coooool ..! :D

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2009, 08:33:11 PM »
That is an evil chipmunk. I'm less afraid of the enormous bears. :D Looks fun though! The bear in #8 looks like it's trying to do a sultry Playboy pose and the one in #11 looks like it's taking senior pictures. What a ham.
The FYI made me giggle. Isn't that myth supposed to be about sharks?
I'm imagining a crackpot scientist convention and one guy standing up Phoenix Wright-style and yelling,
"HYPOTHESIS! Menstrual blood smells like delicious berries to bears! Fact."
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.