Author Topic: Japan earthquake  (Read 3653 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Japan earthquake
« on: March 11, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »
I got home from work a few hours ago to finally see footage of happened with the recent Japan earthquake. It's gut wrenching. I imagine what it would be like to be in the path of that oncoming wall of water and feel nothing but utter helplessness. Nature can be a powerful and unforgiving obstacle for us when it comes to our survival. We often take it for granted on just how delicate life can be.

My sincere condolences to these people to have experienced such a horrific tragedy. There are no words to describe such devastation.
Think I'll be making a donation to the Red Cross shortly as it's just the right thing to do.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: Japan earthquake
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »
poor nihon.

I recieve blogs from J-List and I got one today, the guy mentioned Japan has the best earthquake-proof buildings in the world, so in a lot of ways it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

I wonder what it'd be like if it hit Australia. If it hit Sydney, 30-40+% of the population would be massively affected. Scary.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:20:14 PM »
Absolutely terrifying is what it is. 8.9 magnitude? That number alone is pants-browning. I don't have a lot to donate, but I think I will...

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:03 PM »
I actually returned from Japan about a week and a half before this happened, and I've just been shocked watching the news. I don't know anyone who's missing or hurt personally (most of my friends live in Tokyo, which wasn't hit as hard and like Randamo said, is built to be earthquake-proof), but I have a friend whose old host family lives in the Iwase area and is still unaccounted for.

It's just devastating.

Kharaxel

• Miwa Fan
  • Unemployed
  • Miwa FUCK YEAH!
    • View Profile
    • Everything is Fabulous - MY BLOG
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 02:12:25 AM »
Yeah. Shit's horrible.
Let's just hope this nightmare ends soon. D :

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 02:46:01 AM »
it not over.

Looks like they're having troubles with their nuclear power plants.

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 03:52:46 AM »
Scary stuff. Watching all those cars and houses getting engulfed by those waves really gave me the creeps, and that nuclear reactor issue is really unsettling. Asides from the obvious damage to property and human life, I hope things get better over there, soon.

Kirbie

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
    • http://www.weallloveexcelsaga.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 10:25:30 AM »
 Really tragic news. I was watching one video from a helicopter with someone standing on a lorry with all this water surrounding it and he's higher up, but you wonder whether they're high enough as the video ends. It's also awful seeing all these people driving around in the distance and they're apparently oblivious to the oncoming wave :elcry:

Tonzura koite!