Author Topic: Doctor Who? {Insert Electronic Opening Theme Here}  (Read 8942 times)

DarkLightMoJo

• Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
Doctor Who? {Insert Electronic Opening Theme Here}
« on: October 01, 2006, 04:29:53 PM »
Awesome!  The longest running television series in the world returns!
David Tennant's first season as The Doctor just started on the Sci-Fi Channel.  He's quite similar to Chris Eccelston's portrail of the Doctor, but a lot more spunky.  I hope The Master makes a comeback.  He can escape from the Eye of Harmony, right?
The Daleks rock!! Totally awesome!!
vil Marshmallow strikes with Marshmalevolence: Marshmallow Obliteration!!!!
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOj
-15,000,000,000,000,000,000 HP!!!

Phnx28

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 07:19:41 PM »
The Daleks; the robotic cast of MST3K, but heavily armed with time travel devices and PI**ED OFF! :twisted: What's not to love?
quot;Keep away from the enemy's eyes. If you can't, stab him in the eyes!"-- Capt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett, Osean Air Defense Force
"FATHER... Father, THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!"--Usul Muad'dib, aka Duke Paul Atreides

Lord Dave

• Forum Technician
  • Emergency food supply
  • I am Shioji's twin brother, Gozo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 07:56:49 PM »
I say the master.  Nothing's worse then a pissed off time lord except an evil pissed off time lord.

I also LOVE these ladies.
"Diligently at work for my own Ego."

-Mr. Fix it.

Jinzaki

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 10:37:20 AM »
Crap, I remember I was going to make a thread on this when it finished in the UK, but I completely forgot  :oops:

Unfortunately, the Master isn't in this series, it's more about the cybermen as the big villains. Some very good episodes overall, especially the last one. The "negotiations" at the start had me in stitches.

The Daleks; the robotic cast of MST3K, but heavily armed with time travel devices and PI**ED OFF! Twisted Evil What's not to love?

Agreed
For the last, time, it's a panda...

Shamay

• Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 02:37:55 PM »
I love Daleks, when they popped up in their hundreds in the last series I was bouncing up and down with excitement  :lol:
Run. Jump. Fall. Limp. Try Harder.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 02:49:28 PM »
nope has to be cybermen for me (afterall they are the fastest villain Top Gear found out  :lol: )

keitaru

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 11:48:49 PM »
the master, in all of his regenerations (including, perhaps speciously, the time meddler from hartnell's days) were incredible! just the idea of pitting one timelord against another was marvelous!
'm not older than dirt.
dirt has me beat by at least a month.

DarkLightMoJo

• Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 05:34:30 AM »
Should I start a Torchwood thread?  My mom is a total Whovian and her friend has been giving her episodes of Torchwood to watch.  I've seen up to the episode with the nerdy guy's ghost helping Gwen to solve his mysterious death.  What I like about it is that it seems to make every episode different.  They'll have spooky episodes like the village of cannibals, or touching episodes like the nerdy ghost episode, or overtly sexual episodes like the parasite episode.  It also seems to be more adult than Doctor Who, (seeing how Doctor Who may be the most family friendly program on Sci-fi).
I also like Capt Jack (WAYOOO CAPTAIN JACK!!! WAYOOO CAPTAIN JACK!!!)........it's a DDR song....I think.....
Except that his American accent sounds fake.  He's been acting in the UK and other countries for so long that he doesn't pronounce vowels with an American accent.  In the first ep, he says estrogen with a long ee sound, whereas in America we would use the short e sound, (given that the person has a three-syllable vocabulary, which is less than likely.)

Sorry for the long post, I'm medicated right now so I'm really jittery.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 02:39:17 PM »
hahahaha guess what everyones favourite pissed off time lord is returning. thats right at the end of the present series we get to see the master

DarkLightMoJo

• Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 05:18:04 AM »
THE MASTER IS BACK!?!?!?!?!
ZOMG!!!!

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
ZOMG!!!!

DarkLightMoJo

• Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 06:55:08 AM »
I got the soundtrack for Chris Doctor's season and David Doctor's first season + Runaway Bride.  I love the full version of the opening.

Jinzaki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »
I've been watching this series. Blink (the one with the statues) was the best, mostly because Steven Moffat wrote it and frankly he does the best episodes of the new run. This weeks was pretty meh until the last 15 minutes or so when it got pretty awesome. John Simm looks pretty good next week

MarkH

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
Dr Who
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »
Well I think the return of The Master was a fantastic choice to make : I did have a gut feeling during New Series 3 that The Master would be the next 'old' enemy to be modernised for the 21st Century.

Anyway, can't wait to see the Xmas special (Voyage Of The Damned) with Kylie Minogue as guest star!

Jinzaki

• View Profile
Re: Doctor Who? {Insert Electronic Opening Theme Here}
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 03:00:48 PM »
Hm, i thought the penultimate episode of series three was brilliant, but the finale was kinda sucky really. John Simm was an excellent master.

Whats the odds on next series bringing Davros back then? I can kinda imagine there being a story arc with that one dalek that got away attempting to find davros (last seen running for an escape pod before the doctor blew him the fuck up)in a plan for him to come up with some kind of new daleks or something

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who? {Insert Electronic Opening Theme Here}
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 02:00:35 PM »
My god doctor who NOOOOOO!, don't people have decent life styles anymore the old doctor who was great, this new stuff I thoought was crap, especially when they introduced the daleks and the cybermen.  And one other thing didn't the daleks apart from davros, in the episode with slvester mccoy, all die when the davros managed to destroy his own planet.