Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141426 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2008, 12:42:20 PM »
I watched the first volume of the world of narue last night for the millenth time

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2008, 08:38:42 AM »
finally finished watching fruits basket. kinda dissapointed in the ending but still an alright anime

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2008, 12:53:19 PM »
^^ I've been very very slowly watching Fruits Basket. Over the course of about a month (?) I'm on episode 6 or 7 I think.

It's not the type of anime I'm usually into, but it seems to be keeping me mildly entertained.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2008, 07:38:16 AM »
Ok, I completed Le Chevalier D'Eon and am ready to render my verdict.

On a scale of 1-10, I award it an 8.5/10 over all.  This is a composite of many different areas, but on the pro side (and there are many, many pros), the art is magnificent (GONZO was in on it, along with Production I.G.), the music was wonderful, I liked both the opener and the closer equally, the story itself was very solid.  It did get rather confusing near the end, but it wasn't an esoteric mess - it all made sense when it was done.  The bonus historical notes were useful, especially if your knowledge of France or this time period was limited (mine wasn't, but there was still a good bit of information here that enlightened me).  The story uses many historical characters, but plays with reality (it is fantasy after all), and time since some of the characters in the show died before their real-world time. 

The folks that voiced the major characters in the English dub were great - D'Eon, Lia, Robin, Teillagory, and Durand were well done, as were many of the secondary characters - King Louis XV, Queen Marie, Ana, the Comte de Saint Germain, the Marquise de Pompadour (Shelley Calene-Black, the only voice actor I recognized by name), and Maximilien Robespierre.  But this is where the cons begin... I can't say all the other secondary character voices were horrible, but many were.  Cagliostro was terrible, as was the Russian (his name escapes me, but if they wanted to portray a deep voice, they should have gotten a voice actor with a real deep voice, not someone trying to grumble down to one), and the fruity little monkey at the French Embassy in London.  Many others were terrible, but it was really the only significant blemish on this show - but for me it was a big one.  After Cagliostro and the Ambassador were introduced, I had to switch over to Japanese again, I just couldn't stand them.

I don't know if I would buy, but it is a consideration, there are some other anime I would buy first, but it's worthy of some attention.  Give it a go.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2008, 02:32:54 PM »
Does watching it on tv count, if that so then naruto up to the point where jiraya and naruto catch up to tsunade.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2008, 05:55:56 AM »
just purchased School Rumble. I never thought I could find something as funny as Azumanga Daioh :e_pleased:

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2008, 11:46:16 AM »
Got paniponi dash volume 4 it was very funny especially the video game and movie refernces.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2008, 03:16:16 PM »

Guess what anime I'm referring to.

evil_dead

• Funderful
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2008, 01:51:36 PM »
I've just finished watching all twelve episodes of the totally awesome musical anime - Nerima Daikon Brothers.
http://lonelytrapezoid.blogspot.com/
I really need you to go to that page.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »
Anime is a bit like the darkside, you have to be a devoted follower, and recently I have been rewatching new fist of the north star all three volumes, its a samme that was a short series. Nothing beats the original and to honest another anime that comes to mind which to be honest I found funnier than excel saga was Project A-ko.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
Since I've been away for a while...most are from The Animé Network

Azumanga Daioh (bought the slim-pack, Class Album [and Omnibus manga])
Kino's Journey
Elfen Lied
Kanon
Magikano
5 CM Per Second
Project Blue Earth SOS

Anything else I've seen there either isn't worth mentioning, or is in the middle or near the end of a series; and I am still enjoying Best Student Council.  If you like Azumanga Daioh, you'll like it.

E^D

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2008, 08:00:47 PM »
Just watched "Flag" Disc 1,2. a nice break from the humor.
But awaiting "School Rumble" #5 and will watch "Your Under Arrest" The WHOLE series-  Whenever I'm sick with cold or flu...  it is one of the 3 must see series while you're under the influences of cold meds.  :hdead:

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »
Watched the first volume of school rumble, seemed alright not great though

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »
last thing I watched all the way through (complete season/series): Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai.
Random incomplete anime: Minami-Ke Okuwari, Rosario + Vampire and Shigofumi.

Gotta watch School Rumble Season 2 lol. Been meaning to get around to it >_>

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »
Just finished rewatching Dokuro-Chan.  God, I love that anime, it truly is the most F*ed up ever made, if only they'd bring it over.  And since it's so short, it should be a cheap buy, unless they are really cheap arse with how they dole out the whole 12 15 min episodes of the entire series - I mean, one disc would do.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move