Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141487 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2008, 12:57:27 PM »
Came across an amusing little one 'He is my master' in jap and subbed but quite funny all the same, not to sure at the moment about that fclc, not impressed

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2008, 03:27:04 PM »
Came across an amusing little one 'He is my master' in jap and subbed but quite funny all the same, not to sure at the moment about that fclc, not impressed
I wasn't impressed by either of the two, to be honest. >_>

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #302 on: May 28, 2008, 05:26:31 PM »
They Are My Noble Masters:
This series wasn't 3/4 of the way through when I realized it had it's roots as an H-game - Not difficult to tell considering how perverted some characters can be at times.
I think what I enjoyed most about this was the fact that everyone had realistic problems in their lives - A wealthy composer, Shinra Kuonji (think that's spelled right) gives an outreached hand to help these people by giving them jobs as servants at her western-style mansion. She is strict but does have a kind demeanor and treats these people like part of the family.

When the story begins, a brother and sister are on a train, running away from their father with no actual destination in mind (The sister has a brother complex which is kind of disturbing at first, but it can be easy to attribute this to the abuse they both had to endure while under their father's roof). When they get off the train, they quickly begin to look for a job. As luck would have it, they come across Shinra's younger sister who nearly passes out from the heat. They carry her home making Shinra greatful for their good deed and offer them each a job and a room to stay. However, they must be willing to train hard for their positions!

For the most part, this series is mostly on the light-hearted side, but there are definately some serious moments to balance it out. The head butler was hilarious with his Dragonball Z-like powers.... wtf???  :il_hahaha: Lots of interestingly weird characters throughout. Be warned though: I would almost class this as a harem-type anime. Not quite, but pretty damn close! ^^;;

This is a new series so you won't find this on DVD shelves yet. Just came out this year.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 05:30:19 PM by Lord Il »

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 09, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »
I just picked up Kujibiki Unbalance, the animé-within-an-animé spin-off of Genshiken.  Although I haven't seen any of the original Genshiken series, the one OVA episode that's included is pretty damn funny, as well the four episodes of Kujibiki Unbalance.

E^D

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2008, 11:59:43 AM »
You must watch "Genshiken". You will probably see people you know in it. Possibly even yourself; :e_wink:

From the "Videos you wanted to see dept":
From "ANN"
"Media Blasters head John Sirabella announced on the Anime on DVD forums that his company has acquired the Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan television comedy anime series, which has eight 13-minute episodes. Sirabella did not specify if the acquisition also includes the Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan Second video sequel series of four more 13-minute episodes."
"The story centers on a middle school boy named Sakura Kusakabe and the club-wielding angel sent from the future to assassinate him."

Let the future begin!  :ehail:

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 11, 2008, 12:08:58 PM »
"Media Blasters head John Sirabella announced on the Anime on DVD forums that his company has acquired the Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan television comedy anime series, which has eight 13-minute episodes. Sirabella did not specify if the acquisition also includes the Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan Second video sequel series of four more 13-minute episodes."

Score!  Also in related news, Dreamworks and Steven Spielberg have obtained the rights to a live action treatment of Ghost in the Shell.  http://movies.ign.com/articles/866/866556p1.html

I am uncertain about this in general, but here's hoping  :ehail:

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »
Right now I'm watching Jing: King of the Bandits, which I'm liking.  A few times when I saw that postman guy, I thought it was going to be Kino and Hermes.

Saw a few episodes of Gravion, and it's not bad.  The big robot's cool, and the characters aren't vacant.

Watched the first half of Aika, and for those who don't know, I this animé takes the panty-shot to a whole new level.  The story still stands on its own, but damn there's more flashing white then a ticker-tape parade.

E^D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »
Last anime I saw was the first 7 episodes of lucky star in jap with subs, hope it comes out in the uk, just has funny as the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 20, 2008, 12:24:56 PM »
I'm currently watching Kaiji.  Damn good stuff.

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 20, 2008, 03:31:21 PM »
Finally sat down and watched all 14 episodes of Haruhi Suzumiya
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2008, 07:38:04 PM »
I just watched "Lucky Star".......I hope it gets better. or someone can explain it to me.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
I just watched "Lucky Star".......I hope it gets better. or someone can explain it to me.

Yeah, I don't "get it" either, and I could say more but I'm fantastically drunk and rather surprised I managed to type "fantastically" with only four minor corrections before I actually post this worthless comment, not to mention the fact that I type fantastically (yet again) with quotation marks the second time I typed it, and then referencing it with a third mention with a parenthetical and completely pointless comment thereafter.  In fact I shouldn't be typing at all, but since I am and I don't seem to be stopping for the moment perhaps someone else can explain this because I think I lost my train of thought and I'm about to hit 'Post' even though by all rights I shouldn't, but that's impaired judgment for you, and I am shocked I spelled all that correctly (thank you Firefox) in this state.  And now I shall fall over.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2008, 03:34:34 AM »
Thanks! That cleared it right up!  :ehail:
Back to "You're Under Arrest."

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »
Getting "better" would imply that it actually becomes "good."  No, Lucky Star is bland and boring from start to finish. I do admit that there are some actually funny parts in the second half of the series, though not enough to make it worth watching.

IMO, anyway.  A lot of people love the show.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2008, 06:10:38 PM »

Yeah, I don't "get it" either, and I could say more but I'm fantastically drunk and rather surprised I managed to type "fantastically" with only four minor corrections before I actually post this worthless comment, not to mention the fact that I type fantastically (yet again) with quotation marks the second time I typed it, and then referencing it with a third mention with a parenthetical and completely pointless comment thereafter.  In fact I shouldn't be typing at all, but since I am and I don't seem to be stopping for the moment perhaps someone else can explain this because I think I lost my train of thought and I'm about to hit 'Post' even though by all rights I shouldn't, but that's impaired judgment for you, and I am shocked I spelled all that correctly (thank you Firefox) in this state.  And now I shall fall over.

A+ Post, will read again.