Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141243 times)

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #405 on: October 14, 2008, 02:24:46 PM »
I'm watching Yumeria in Anime Network.  Tomokazu has a weird dream where this flying girl is fighting off some monster.  When he wakes up, she's in his bed.  It's quite ridiculous.  The characters are way over the top, but I'm liking it, so far.  Not one of the greats, but it beats anything else on TV.

[revised opinion:  after watching episodes 3 and 4, this show is a lot smarter, and a lot more vulgar then it lets on.  The English dub is spot-on, and as I don't know what the subtitled script is like, it doesn't matter.  It's damn funny, with a lot more going on behind the scenes.  It seems basic, and I don't know...really "spoofy" and it is, it's just done really well.  And dammit, yet another catchy opening tune!]

ROBOT JOX,
See the start of the Umbrella Corporation
Watch Stop motion super Mechs with the latest of 1990 Tech. battle it out over
****ALASKA *****
It is something to watch once!
 rated :kabapu-1: :kabapu-1:
 2.5/5 Kabapu
I've seen it twice.  Once when I was too young to know better, and again, just to remind myself just how terrible it really is.

E^D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:50:11 PM by E^D Crow »

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 28, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
Picked up Claymore, and am kind of disappointed that I didn't pick up the manga from the beginning.  It's a great story, full of blood, and angst, and monsters and truly emotional ties.  I like it, and am glad that I bought the box.  This is a series I look forward to.

Princess Tutu.  Should I resign as a man?  I think not.  Though it has heavy ballet overtones, this is a very interesting series.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I thought it was going to be awful, girlie drivel, and it completely changed my mindset. 

I just finished "The Gokusen" and recommend it to anyone.  It's a great series; really funny, yet intensely dramatic, with a satisfying ending.  The whole series was just great.  The English dub is one of the best I've come across (haven't even watched it subbed, yet).

I love taking a chance on an animé I've never seen, or barely heard about.

E^D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 30, 2008, 01:44:16 PM »
Started to watch mahoromatic season 2 again, lovelly anime

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 30, 2008, 05:51:38 PM »
School Rumble 2 Year... Funny and worth the cost!!!

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 01, 2008, 07:10:55 PM »
I am currently enjoying My-HiME.  Can't see why I hadn't picked it up earlier, as I am really enjoying it.  The Anime Legends collected edition makes it well worth the price.  It's slightly different then the manga, which is fine by me.

I started Tsubasa from the beginning with Paul.  We have just finished ×××Holic, and I thought it would be good if he got to see how Yuko interacts with the Tsubasa group.  He is pleased (especially since I can fill in the crossover gaps that the ×××Holic animé had to leave out).  This will be my third time watching Tsubasa, and it always delivers.

E^D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 07:23:10 PM by E^D Crow »

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:59 AM »
Bought myslef the Noir boxset haven't seen it yet though

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #411 on: November 03, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »
^^I made my way through a good part of the series, it started to get tiring for me... I just never bothered finishing it I guess.

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 03, 2008, 05:12:19 PM »
^^I made my way through a good part of the series, it started to get tiring for me... I just never bothered finishing it I guess.
Hm, same here.  I watched a bunch of episodes, but never followed through with it.

E^d

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 03, 2008, 08:58:35 PM »
Started Master Keaton, we will see....

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 11, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
Noir was a lot more easier to follow than evangelion, but as I realised as with the saw films, with this particular animes you need to follow the story through to understand the characters and whats going on in the background, kind of why I shouldn't rant on about eva being a mind fuck when really I should have been paying a bit more attention.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #415 on: November 11, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »
Bleach: Memories of Nobody
A few weeks ago I went to the 'one night only' release party. Thought it would be great to see a anime movie up on the big screen with full surround sound among many fellow otaku. =) Lots of free Bleach gashapon figures were given out. The cosplay contest they had wasn't great as the participants didn't put too much effort into their costumes. This made it funny because when each person went to the front to pose, people behind us yelled down, "uhm... Who are you supposed to be?" :il_hahaha: Only three people among the dozen or so didn't have this problem as they actually looked like they were supposed to.

As far as the movie goes, if you're not much of a fan of Bleach, you won't get a whole lot out of seeing Memories of Nobody. And if you are a fan of Bleach, obviously you'll probably appreciate the story for what it is. Other than that, it's nothing extremely fascinating and felt somewhat rushed. Still, it was worthy of getting out for a night.

A brief summary: Unidentifiable spirits (later identified as "Blanks" - souls with no memories) begin to appear in town in huge numbers. While investigating them, Ichigo and Rukia meet up with a Soul Reaper known only as Senna who manages to rid of them quickly. No one has ever seen or heard of her before. Her very existence seems a puzzle. They later realize of the connection (and implications) Senna has with these spirits - these spirits randomly appear in droves wherever she is. When asked about her past, Senna's memories are garbled and confusing.

ooooooo.....  :-X

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #416 on: November 15, 2008, 10:12:53 PM »
5 Centimeters Per Second.

Stunning. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »

Now that's a title I've never heard of.

Would you say it's a must-see?

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 16, 2008, 10:42:42 AM »
ANN gives it a solid A-, and it does sound intriguing.  I'll give it a shot if I can find it.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 16, 2008, 11:17:19 AM »
I started Ghost stories, and it is waaay funny.  Creepy, but godamnit, it's hilarious!

Madlax is confusing me, after 4 episodes, but I'm still going to watch it.

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World lived up to the title.  It was totally bittersweet.

Now that's a title I've never heard of.

Would you say it's a must-see?

What a lovely movie...  I recommend you watch it.  Instant classic.

E^D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:18:55 AM by E^D Crow »