Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141236 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #780 on: July 30, 2010, 09:15:52 AM »
Watched some old anime fist of the north star, as in the episodes that we in the uk never got to see light of day, I did like the cassandra arc, shame it never shaw the light of day in the uk

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 04, 2010, 05:33:18 PM »
Started watching "High School of the Dead." It's like "Night of the Living Dead" meets "Ikki Tousen." Weird shit. Despite all the fan-service (which seems really out of place as the characters are cracking zombie heads and getting gore-splattered. I mean really? Panty-flash-mid-head-skewer?) it has been fairly entertaining.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 12, 2010, 08:56:23 PM »
Tried one episode of Seitokai Yakuindomo and knew it wasn't for me. Everything ends and starts with a sex joke and I was never immature enough to find that humor entertaining.

rewatched flcl and remembered why I liked it so much. While short, you really got to know the characters - Prez was the best character and deserved her own spin-off show. Or better yet, bring back the show! I'm fine with no Momochi or Haruko.

Got Princess Tutu and am up to the 12 episode. I wonder what else they'll bring up in 14 episodes. Everyone knows each other's identity.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 28, 2010, 03:14:13 PM »
Bought a cheap sports anime called Hoop Days. It's from the era where they used cg graphics and weren't that great at it. I don't really know what to say about it yet.

finally got myself Cowboy Bebop. I can't beleive i've gone all this time without seeing it. Show almost creates a rift in the space-awesome continuim. Only up to ep 13. Just started watching yesterday.

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 03, 2010, 10:00:09 AM »
I watched episodes 1 & 2 of Nerima Daikon Brothers, most excellent! It makes me sad that the uk anime distribution don't live up to their name when it comes to the good stuff.  :elangry:
"Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 04, 2010, 01:03:33 AM »
I have been watching the latest naruto shippuden episodes on-line, not very impressed with the animation or the extra bits of story line they added in, the pain saga was really good but I flet the animation was rather poor

Mas

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 04, 2010, 03:40:50 AM »
Currently watching some old anime I never finished.

I saw all of Dragon Ball GT for the first time. It wasn't as bad as I imagined, but still mostly a waste of time. And there were too many mistakes that bothered me (like why does Gohan need to turn super saiyan if he had his hidden powers unlocked in Buu saga)

Right now I'm watching CardCaptor Sakura and Tenchi Muyo OVA. Sakura and Sasami are the cutest little anime girls ever~

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 04, 2010, 09:13:56 AM »
Been watching more High School of the Dead. Ya know, it'd be a lot better if it wasn't for all the damn fanservice, boob-jiggling shenanigans. Really, it's fucking annoying. I mean, people are getting ripped apart by zombies, blood flying every where, and all of a sudden there is random boob jiggle. Does not compute, does not compute. I posted about this before, but it's only getting more ridiculous as the series goes on. Likely going to finish it since it's only 12 eps or so, with 3 to go, but this so far is likely not something I will buy.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 04, 2010, 01:09:38 PM »
Been watching more High School of the Dead. Ya know, it'd be a lot better if it wasn't for all the damn fanservice, boob-jiggling shenanigans.
You mean like every anime? :e_annoyed:

Leix

• can sneeze backwards.
  • Unemployed
  • This world...is corrupt!
    • View Profile
    • Probe9 Studios
« Reply #789 on: September 04, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
I just finished "Angel Beats!".
I think it would have been much better if it wasn't pressed for time and done in only 13 episodes, but I loved it anyways.

Lan

« Reply #790 on: September 05, 2010, 02:51:22 AM »
Eureka Seven. Mindblowingly awesome. watch it.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 05, 2010, 09:17:26 AM »
Been watching more High School of the Dead. Ya know, it'd be a lot better if it wasn't for all the damn fanservice, boob-jiggling shenanigans.

Dude, watch it, then tell me it's not excessive. It's what I would call "gratuitous."

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #792 on: September 05, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »
I just finished "Angel Beats!".
I think it would have been much better if it wasn't pressed for time and done in only 13 episodes, but I loved it anyways.
Definately agree! I finished up Angel Beats a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it but towards the end it was too rushed.

And holy crap...! Not ashamed to admit that it actually made me  :e_crying: just a bit. Despite having its flaws, any writing to have that kind effect is good, powerful writing.

Dude, watch it, then tell me it's not excessive. It's what I would call "gratuitous."
:il_hahaha: The Matrix-like moments in the episode with the bullets...... it was so ridiculous I was both laughing and saying aloud, "The hell am I watching???"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:51:49 PM by Lord Il »

Lan

« Reply #793 on: September 05, 2010, 03:16:08 PM »
what about last weeks "I'm wet!" ROFLOL :sumiyoshi: :shiouji:

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 05, 2010, 07:01:15 PM »

I was being serious when I said that every anime would be better off without gratuitous fanservice. I'll have to take your word on HOTD, though, since it really doesn't interest me at all. :kabapu-1: