Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141246 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #810 on: September 30, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »
Sat here watching dark fury the riddick cartoon

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 04, 2010, 01:36:22 PM »
I've started watching serial experiments lain.
Bizarre

I also watched Neon Genesis Evangelion episode 1 on youtube, but I got no further because it became swiftly apparent that this was not the medium with which to do it sufficient justice.

But yeah, Lain, most spaced out character I've seen since the magic roundabout's Dillon  :hshocked:
"Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 05, 2010, 02:57:22 PM »
Try the movie neon genesis eva rebuild movie 1, less mind fucking I found.  Saw first volume of Martian successor nadesico, long time since I saw it, still find it to be really enjoyable anime to watch.  I am annoyed I see that shippuden dvd set 3 is out and I can't afford the bloodly thing, it suckssssssssss noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 05, 2010, 11:33:40 PM »
        Finished Princess tutu and I rather liked the ending. The last couple of minutes in fact. I wish they expanded on it more. The journey wasn't so great. I liked the first half of the show best and while part 2 had more development, I just didn't enjoy it so much. Probably cause I liked jerky-Fakir most.
       Saw the Maison Ikkoku OVA where they got stranded on an island because I read the manga an hour earlier and hadn't seen it before on the show.
       Watched more Urusei Yatsura and while having to buy 50 seperate DVDs of this 200+ episode series [because it doesn't seem a boxset is coming out anytime soon] doesn't appeal, I love Rumiko Takashi's humour, so I'll just have to suck it up.
        Lesse, what else... Bought the first gundam series [and gonna catch 'em all], about to watch parallel Gurren Lagann......... and Conbiochouchou (howya like my Japanese?) I don't know whether to watch the rebuild of eva or the series first. The original series had more and differing content and meaning that I liked MOAR than the movies. When I watched the movies, I could only point out how 'that didn't happen' , 'that went like THIS' or 'They cut THAT scene out?'. But I did enjoy the variations the same way one would enjoy Simpson Halloween episodes(I don't watch those though) for the fanfiction-like ways the character did and said things I didn't think they would. But you'll probably notice how old the animation is after watching the movies. It might be distracting.

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 15, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »
I decided to put Neon Genesis Evangelion on the back burner for a while and instead I watched .Hack//Sign which, after 'Lain', was simple but that made for a nice change. I loved how the characters in the game were not necessarily reflections of the people playing it in real-life, giving them more depth and room to develop as the series progressed. Surprisingly not very action orientated at all, majoritively talking, but that seemed to really work as well. A  variety of different musical backgrounds added to setting the scene too.

I've now moved onto 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya', which looks really entertaining.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 21, 2010, 01:31:51 AM »
Been watching Mobile Suit Gundam and unfortunantly have a dvd that either has Japanese language with illegible Engrish subtitles or english sub. I'm not a english sub person, so I haven't enjoyed the show as much as i could(I think Aturo is voiced by Son Goku which is very distracting). 8 episodes in and Commander Shar is by far the best character.
Ordered Trigun and Paniponi Dash. In eager anticipation...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:36:15 PM by Randamo »

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 21, 2010, 05:45:25 AM »
Ordered Trigun

:elcool: !

Conbiochouchou (howya like my Japanese?)
:elpleased: !!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 12:46:56 PM by ConvoyButterfly »

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ehchan/
« Reply #817 on: October 22, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »
I've started watching serial experiments lain.
Bizarre

Such a weird series...it's just weird for the sake of being weird.

I've seen a bunch of new stuff lately, I've recently watched Saikano and have just finished re-watching Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

Currently I'm working my way through K-On!

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 26, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »

Such a weird series...it's just weird for the sake of being weird.

You've hit the nail on the head there, Senior Eh-chan. :elhail:

I felt well depressed today so I thought I'd indulge in starting Death Note. The premise is so grim, I just have to laugh. Same thing happened whilst watching the films 'Versus' and 'Battle Royale' too :elhappy: (although the former was just plain silly anyway).

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #819 on: October 27, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »
Just finished Baccano!

Really awesome. Woohoo!

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 31, 2010, 04:34:38 AM »
GWAHhhhhhhhhhh

slowly going through gundam. this english dub is killing me. i can't take anything seriously or I cringe too much at the acting. I feel bad when I hate voice actors, especially Crispin Freeman. Ohh, crispin freeman crispin freemanwhat did you do to Kyon?!There are some good actors though, especially the woman, y'know, with the... hair............ Char's voice is good. ....But I haven't seen the jerk for 10 episodes, wahhn[!]
  I'm getting bored without him around, behold as i enter angry fangirl mode:
OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!!!!111!!!1 WERE IZ CHAR!! AMURO IS SUCH A CRYBABY DESRVS BRIGHTSLAP!

Okay, sorry, I'll stop now. I really needed to get that off my chest. Nobody at home understand my pain. Not even my own father would listen to me. But in all seriousness, I'm considering buying a different release of the dvd just to try getting a good sub job. I like the art style and the story seems interesting enough, i just can't stand listening to it.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 31, 2010, 05:53:29 PM »
Crispin Freeman really isn't a bad voice actor. The Haruhi dub was just garbage in general.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 31, 2010, 11:17:49 PM »
i don't know, its just most of the voices he's done i've heard I don't like: Touga, Kyon, that guy from Xenosaga. to be fair, i looked up some of his other roles and i didn't mind him as shimazaki in please twins, reno from ffvii and holland from eureka 7.
now i feel bad.... damn it. he's okay sometimes.

i hate critisizing people, especially when it comes to what they do

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #823 on: November 01, 2010, 05:10:01 PM »
Someone has a crush on Char. :e_tongue:

I'm kind of a Crispin Freeman fan myself. He was literally born to do the english voice of Alucard. Totally badass.

-------------------------

Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Invasion! Squid Girl)

This is a really weird series which recently started airing. The premise has a humanoid squid girl... thing who proclaims that humans have abused the oceans by polluting them for far too long. Now the entire human race must pay the price by being enslaved by this little squid girl.. thing. Trouble is, little Ika knows very little of the human world and believes the world population to be a mere 1000 people. Her "base of operations" becomes the first building she sees on the beach - a restaurant! But just who is really in charge here as Ika suddenly sees herself working as a waitress and becomes an instant hit with the customers she serves..

Yeah, weird.

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 02, 2010, 09:58:39 AM »
Someone has a crush on Char. :e_tongue:

I'm kind of a Crispin Freeman fan myself. He was literally born to do the english voice of Alucard. Totally badass.

-------------------------

Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Invasion! Squid Girl)

This is a really weird series which recently started airing. The premise has a humanoid squid girl... thing who proclaims that humans have abused the oceans by polluting them for far too long. Now the entire human race must pay the price by being enslaved by this little squid girl.. thing. Trouble is, little Ika knows very little of the human world and believes the world population to be a mere 1000 people. Her "base of operations" becomes the first building she sees on the beach - a restaurant! But just who is really in charge here as Ika suddenly sees herself working as a waitress and becomes an instant hit with the customers she serves..

Yeah, weird.

Dammit, the more I see and hear about this the more I'm intrigued. I thought I was done with stuff like this...