Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141227 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #825 on: November 04, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »
I thought I was done with stuff like this...
My preference for thought provoking stories outweighs slice-of-life/gag anime. But I enjoy strange titles like these from time to time.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 07, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »
Dantes inferno, but I still prefer the game though I did like virgils changing appearance through the 8 circles of hell

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 08, 2010, 01:22:06 AM »
Got Macross 7 and Full Metal Panic first season.

Macross 7 is pretty good, I can't figure Marlyne out at all - does she actually like the pilot or just leading him on to appease her mother? (NO don't tell me) and Basara is a damn interesting character. the idea of using singing as your weapon is a great idea.

FMP is a bit lackluster

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 09, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »
Watched the first disc of naruto shippuden volume 3, I really enjoyed it.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 10, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »
FMP is a bit lackluster
Second Raid is WAAAAAAAYYYY better. Probably one of my favorite anime series ever. :im_nabeshin:

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 11, 2010, 05:18:47 AM »
I did not watch the 1st episode of Ouran High School Host Club.

I did not enjoy it very much.

And if I had, I would never admit it on an internet forum thread.  :eltongue:
Joking aside, some of the characters reminded me of how I imagine a few of my friends at university, which is what made it so appealing.  :elpleased:
Oh, and I also purchased Death Note the live action movie, because for some very annoying reason each volume  of the anime was priced at £20 or so in HMV. I can't tell if I liked it yet: the anime was subtler which might swing it towards disliking it, but I want to make my friend who hates anime (there's just no pleasing some people I suppose  :elangry:) watch it to see what he thinks of it. If it has the same effect on him that the anime had on me, then I could live with that.
"Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 21, 2010, 03:57:26 PM »
Finished 2 series. I'll start with eden of the east. I finished it within an afternoon and the last ep the next morning. I just had to know what was going on. The earlier episodes were the best with violent and crazy antagonists, although they were a bit too easy to crack, I almost feel like akira made too many stupid moves and could easily have been taken out. Akira was a pretty likable and compelling character with no hints of angst - even when remembering his mother abandoned him he was pretty positive - and I fully understood saki's interest in him, even if it seemed a little irresponsible. The last episodes started falling into negabu 'japan is messed up, neets, hikikkimori, ect' and techno-babble talk but it ended with a "bang!" and I really want the movies. now.

I also watched Macross 7 - just the tv series and the 3 encore eps. There's more out there i'll watch eventually. What can I say other than I loved it. Now i've never watched a macross series before so i can't say much on comparisons. First point - cell animation which i love. Everything feels so early 90's and the whole show feels like something you would watch in-between power rangers and transformers. The rock music plays right into it and I get a huge sense of nostalgia and age (which i love). The plot is campy and outright ridiculous - the idea of using the power of song is brilliant in my opinion, but others may think it's stupid. The love story in this show I've never really understood, which made it great. I could never tell if Mylene likes Gamlin or not, who is a damn cool character. He's serious, entirely nervous around people , but  pulls off the greatest fighting moves - i hated his character design at first, which is his only flaw. He has a couple of sweet moments with mylene that made me really want them together. Oh well...

Then there's Basara. I love this guy for the same reaon everyone hates him. He's selfish, moody, loud, rude and completely uncaring toward anyone's feelings. At the start he has the best moments with Mylene but as time goes on he seems completely uninterested in her. He ignores everyone's safety in the hopes of finding a listening audience - the enemy. And he will sing at them while they scream in pain at the sound. I also love how he rarely changes his clothes. He wears the same jeans, green tank top and pink bandana in bed, hanging around town, at concerts, at mylene's birthday party, at top secret military meetings and fighting the enemy - he'll occasionally wear his concert outfit. This guy is the best pacifist i've ever seen. He never fights, only sings, even when getting puched out. He'll fight when he feels a situation is hopeless and calls for it, but is racked with remorse and self-hatred afterwards. I have the biggest fangirl crush on him, but who desn't in the show? He gets all the girls and he doesn't even have to try.

Last point though - Gepelnich is not a man not matter what you say! Ugly enemies too - one of them looks like a demonic furry.

Trivia fun! Name 5 characters or more that look like Basara - come on, it's not that hard.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #832 on: November 22, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »
^hmm.. Only off the top of my head but I'd say Vash The Stampede for one.
Sort of.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 23, 2010, 12:06:59 AM »
yeah, i'll count that (is watching trigun)

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ehchan/
« Reply #834 on: November 27, 2010, 03:07:15 PM »
Let's see, recently I've watched Black Heaven, Beck, and I am currently following Arakawa Under the Bridge.

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 04, 2010, 12:43:31 AM »
Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Invasion! Squid Girl)

I like it.

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 05, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »
I'm enjoying Darker than Black. I particularly like seeing the different ways each contractor makes 'payment'. They must've had fun thinking them up.  :elhappy:

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 12, 2010, 11:19:13 AM »
I have been watching some shitty thing call gestalt or something.  I would love it if they turned blublaz into an anime.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 17, 2010, 11:57:05 PM »
Finished mobile suit gundam, recieved Honey and clover(unwatched so far).

Whoa, I don't know what to say about MSG 0079. It was so... boring. I mean, so much stuff happened in a single epidose and they kept bringing up different backstories & relationships, but don't get too attached to any character, they'll most likely die. It feels like they threw in as much plot as possible but disposed of characters to go in any direction.(still angry they killed gharma. C'mon, he had so much to offer)

The ending was cool but underwhelming. Hey, you can't watch fencing in space suits with jet packs and not think something awesome is transpiring, but it wasn't. I'm still ticked they didn't tell us what happened to Char - his last scene was decapitating someone's head of with a missile he shot into a spaceship [unexpected violence!]- you totally think he's died for no good reason! But he shows up in the next series so I'm ok. I'm not crying fangirl tears. Next up is the 3-part movie set based on the show. Apparently it's better.

P.S. Spoilers.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 22, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »
Finished Honey and Clover, just need to get he second series. Oh, it was a fun and bittersweet journey. I don't have much patience for icky love triangle-hexagon things, but it was enjoyable enough. BTW Takamoto is the best character. I was so happy when he said goodbye to his summer.

Got the girl who leapt through time. Wonder if it's any good?