Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141244 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #840 on: December 23, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
Got the girl who leapt through time. Wonder if it's any good?
I got it last Christmas.

See here..

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 25, 2010, 01:49:25 PM »
Watched the first volume of vampire knight, which I really enjoy and also watched the first dvd of bamboo blade, a little bit boring in my opinion

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 27, 2010, 01:54:32 AM »
lesse...

The girl who leapt through time was rather enjoyable. The plot seemed underexplained and the end needed more to it, but enjoyed it for the most part.

Finished Trigun. This was a struggle. Try as I might, It didn't grab me. It got interesting in the second half when we learned his backstory(Blonde identical twins, squee....). There were characters I liked eg WOLFWOOD! and Meryl and characters i hated [like every villain. sob. No jerk for me to fall for]. The ending ended on a sort of high (for me compared to the rest of it) and I'll just stop badmouthing it before I get shot. Before I go - it was an interesting premise, even if it didn't go far enough.

Watched the entirety of Hetalia Axis Powers that Funimation streams on Youtube. Read the description and thought "this sound so bad it might be awesome". Essentially it's about the time period of WW1 and 2, although they skirt around different time periods, and they have actual countries personified with real people that act out stereotypes of the country. Sound offensive enough, but I think it was done tastefully enough and really only digging fun in a lighthearted way. It's got an anarchaic sense of humour we should all be familiar with. it lends itself to Yaoi fangirls though (probably intentionally). I happen to like Heterosexual life-partner relationships myself (to self: they're not gay, they're not even real people. They may sleep in the same bad way too often, but nothing ever happens!) so I get a kick watching this show. Plus, they totally took advantage of my thing for military uniforms. Ehe!

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 02, 2011, 01:27:41 AM »

Trivia fun! Name 5 characters or more that look like Basara - come on, it's not that hard.

:elhail:
Crim from Hack//Sign?
"Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 02, 2011, 03:29:15 PM »
Vampire knight volume 2 and I am enjoying it so far

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 04, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »
Finished watching Baccano!, which I initially watched on the advice of the 'Anime Zone' reviewer on youTube. I must say, I did RATHER enjoy it. But is it a keeper?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:33:10 AM by ConvoyButterfly »

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 04, 2011, 12:16:19 PM »
Finally got around to seeing afro samurai the uncut series, very good and enjoyable

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 09, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »
Got a 5-pack of anime movies, the ones I've watched are Cowboy Bebop, Metropolis and Paprika(actually haven't finished yet). They're interesting enough, by why are all the villians creepy rapey guys?
Hoop Days. Do not watch. The animation is pretty standard, but has weird lazy animator moments and everyone is a basketball obssesive. It's like nothing else in the entire world is ever discussed. Likable characters though, especially the main guy, a genkii of the Zack Fair variety.
Pani Poni Dash. I Totally didn't get into this. Sorry, but I'm just bored. Maybe I simply don't like gag anime. Actually, I like the other class, but dislike the main girls. They're awesome.

More Hetalia. Hetalia is awesome. To me. Try the comics if you really wanna try it. It's more, err, adult.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #848 on: January 10, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »
Got a 5-pack of anime movies, the ones I've watched are Cowboy Bebop, Metropolis and Paprika(actually haven't finished yet).
Neat! I just recently got Paprika for Christmas. Thought I'd put it on my Christmas list as getting it would be a kind of homage to Satoshi Kon who passed away last year. I plan to watch it in the next week or so and would be interested in your thoughts of it.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 10, 2011, 11:45:18 PM »
okay, i'll give my opinion... ehe

it has a very clean, cool art style and the music is great. Very euro-pop I think. Everything is very colourful and beautiful to look at.
I watched it in german for some reason, and it's pretty good. Lots of character and believable acting.
As for the plot, you might know that it's all about dreams, collective dreams and all that, so everything is surreal and you might lose track of what reality is in the story, but that's the good part, ne?
As for the characters, I found them likable, but no one I'd put on my favourites list.
Oh... and there's a bit of a fan dis-service, creepy scene, so I'd suggest trying it on your own and not playing it when anyone's small children are around.

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 13, 2011, 02:18:06 PM »
Watched the original series of Hellsing, which was pretty cool. Some of the dubbing of English accents was a bit unrealistic, but didn't detract overly much from the coolness factor. Then I started watching the OVAs (:elvery happy:). In spite of my awe of Hellsing Ultimate, I consistently find myself baffled as to the comic interludes injected into them. If they were going to try for a little humour, they could at least be a little funnier. But the comedy seems childish, and thus wasted on what personally seems more of a mature audience oriented piece. In spite of this, I particularly enjoyed the greater attention to artistic detail that came with the OVAs, particularly to the background, such as a cameo appearance from the exterior of the Imperial War museum in the third one (I think). All in all, general yay.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 13, 2011, 05:23:50 PM »
Just stop watching Hellsing Ultimate after Episode 3 (likewise, stop reading the manga after Volume 3). Trust me, it gets really lame after that.

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 14, 2011, 02:26:14 AM »
Re-watched "K-On!". Gonna start on the second season soon. Typical "cute girls doing cute things" stuff, obviously. The musics ok, I guess. God, I sound so unenthusiastic about it, but I really do find it a bit amusing, it's just that I don't know how many more times I can tolerate this slice of life repetition...

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 14, 2011, 09:33:35 PM »
finally finished paniponi. Ep 24 had a really cool art style that made me glad I hung on to be rewarded so slightly. I think so much of fail in this show was the art style. I hate chibis. I reallly do.

Broke down and bought MS Zeta Gundam. It actually really good. Way more interesting. Kamile is way cooler than Amuro. Sorry, I just don't like Amuro...
Awesome art style too. I love how the crew look so eighties.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #854 on: January 18, 2011, 01:55:17 PM »
@Randamo: Thanks for your opinion on Paprika. Still never watched it yet. But soon!

I may have a recommendation for those tired of overly done magical school girl type series. This is a brand new series called Level E which is now in its second episode this week. Even though the premise seems like something done before (alien crash lands on earth, has amnesia, and pleads to stay in someones home), I've actually been enjoying this a lot so far. There's been some good and funny moments.
I'll see where it goes.