Author Topic: Spider-man 3  (Read 3470 times)

E-E

• Head of City Security
    • View Profile
Spider-man 3
« on: May 04, 2007, 02:25:23 PM »
I went to see it today... a MASSIVE disapointment
There is too much for me to say about this film,as I have already spent 3 hrs with my best friend discussing the film.To keep it breif they have tried to do too much and have referenced different sources eg: the cartoon,Ultimate Spider-man,Amazing Spider-man etc... with in most cases no real reason for doing so.Or have set things up that in the previous film that could have been used, but ultimately dont.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
Spider-man 3
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 02:17:55 AM »
yes it was a real disappointment like ghostrider. trying to pack to much into films rather then sticking to a storyline really can ruin it

excel-kleinwald

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Spider-man 3
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 02:47:44 AM »
Now ignoring the comics and other references and such and just going to watch it as a movie goer, how was it?

E-E

• Head of City Security
    • View Profile
Spider-man 3
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 03:11:26 AM »
Poor

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
Spider-man 3
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 02:24:33 PM »
very (it's enough to make a spidey fan cry :cry: )

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Spider-man 3
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »
I loved it.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
Spider-man 3
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 10:48:10 AM »
My best friend and his brother, long time spidey fanatics, absolutely loved it, but I have also heard the other side, saying it was all too crammed in to make a coherent story.  Still debating whether I should burn the money at the theater or just wait till it hits video.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Ekuseru

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
Spider-man 3
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 01:06:21 PM »
i saw it on opening night and must say it's full of awesomeness

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Spider-man 3
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 02:09:51 PM »
Quote from: "ElricJC"
My best friend and his brother, long time spidey fanatics, absolutely loved it, but I have also heard the other side, saying it was all too crammed in to make a coherent story.
This is the very thing which gave me concern from the beginning; Too much at once.
The other thing was the idea of Topher Grace to play Eddie Brock/Venom. I mean, WTH...??! O.o

I'm purposely waiting things out for two more weeks until I see it at the IMAX theater. Maybe the crowds will thin down a bit by then.

Also, by seeing it in IMAX format, even if the movie is the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked suck, it'll still be a fun event just the same.

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
Spider-man 3
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 02:39:20 PM »
I just came back from it, it's a pretty decent movie, though I wasn't expecting much.  It's nowhere near as bad as excel-excel claims, but it's not as good as the other two.  As for Topher playing Eddie, keep in mind he plays Eddie Brock JR, whereas in the comics the real Venom is Eddie Brock Sr.  The story is perfectly coherent, though IMO Parker didn't use the Symbiote long enough.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Spider-man 3
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 02:34:47 PM »
^Eddie Brock Junior?? O.o
*groans*

I've always had some trouble with the whole Eddie Jr. thing in the comics (Ultimate Spiderman, I think?) To me, this was a character which never seemed necessary to me. It created a somewhat different story arc, yes, but it never got my attention; Too much filler.

They should've went all-out with just having the big guy, plain ol' Eddie Sr. doing his thing. Might be safe to say that more people relate with the original Eddie.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Spider-man 3
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 04:09:07 PM »
Quote from: "starcat"
I've never read the comics (shame on me, I know)
Nah, if anything, I'd say that would be more in your favor. You don't have anything to compare it with, and thus, nothing to put your blood pressure up if the movies were to deviate too much.

heh... Sometimes, ignorance is blissful. ^^

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
Spider-man 3
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 04:13:03 PM »
Quote from: "Lord il"
Quote from: "starcat"
I've never read the comics (shame on me, I know)
Nah, if anything, I'd say that would be more in your favor. You don't have anything to compare it with, and thus, nothing to put your blood pressure up if the movies were to deviate too much.

heh... Sometimes, ignorance is blissful. ^^

actually thats true. lord of the rings was great in my opinion but my friends who read the book thought it was rubbish. I'll go see it again and ignore what I know from the comics it might just work :Ewink:

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
Spider-man 3
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 05:15:26 PM »
actually thats true. lord of the rings was great in my opinion but my friends who read the book thought it was rubbish. I'll go see it again and ignore what I know from the comics it might just work Excel Wink

Yes, I read the the Lord of the Rings too, but I had no problem with the movies and in fact thought they were better.  The trilogy was written during the age of long winded, grinding english prose where the writer was expected to describe everything right down to the littlest detail, and it was so boggy that in truth it was hard to get through for many.  The nostalgia is often more powerful than the work itself, and with something as massive as the LotR one cannot be expected to include everthing in a visual medium.  And I too have not been a spidey reader (really the only American comic I ever followed was Spawn, and its movie was... guh *shivers at the craptacularity of it*), so I haven't been hampered by what I have termed "Geek Rage" - while Geeks may be liberal minded in most ways, they are very conservative about their obsessions in general.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Spider-man 3
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 06:09:55 PM »
Saw it at the IMAX last Saturday. It's a good chapter in this series of movies.  However, please, as I've said before, leave most what you know about the comics at the door to avoid disappointment. This is actually a good story if you let it.

My biggest gripe? Not enough character developement of Eddie Jr. I felt like I wanted to know this guy more and wasn't allowed - it just wasn't enough. O.o Because of this, Sandman clearly stole the spotlight from him as far as enemies go. Effective storytelling had me actually feeling some sympathy for the guy towards the end.
As for Harry... well... he doesn't count. :wink:

As far as I'm concerned, Venom wasn't truly in this movie. Eddie Jr. never once refered to himself as "Venom", nor did he refer to himself as "We"; It was as though the symbiote wasn't bonded with him long enough for this to transpire.

The cliffhanger is interesting although not completely apparent.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)