Author Topic: Hayate No Gotoku!  (Read 3498 times)

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
Hayate No Gotoku!
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »
I fell in love with the Hayate No Gotoku! (Known as Hayate the Combat Butler in the states) manga recently, and was thrilled to find out there was an anime. The show is pure, undiluted silliness, and rife with enough parodies and references to give Excel Saga a run for it's money.
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

R Kenshin

• Bio Scientist
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
Hayate No Gotoku!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 12:49:44 PM »
okay i'll back you up that I too have fell in love with the anime and with the manga. One of the things I love about the manga is how they parady other Anime's out there. My favorite line from Hayate which I will put on my sig soon is

"I think the bath is the greatest achievement of the lilim culture"     If you don't know what that paradies then shame on you.  I also like how someone said, "that guy changed faster than the guy from DEATH NOTE when he touches the note book! "
Roar, Roar, fight the power

no common sense

• Toilet Cleaner
  • Guy who appears randomly
    • View Profile
Re: Hayate No Gotoku!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 02:45:58 PM »
This anime gives off Excel Saga vibes with its many parodies and jabs at various anime genera.  One episode even parodied the famous rope and pit gag.  I honestly wondered if Hayate is actually Excel's younger brother given how much they have in common.  His genkiness and part time experience rivals Excel.  The series also has Hinagiku who is made of win and moe.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 06:39:05 PM »
Sounds like that will be the first new anime on my library order list...next year when I have budget again! (sniffle)  We've spent all our video money for the year.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Mr Crispy

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 04:57:20 PM »
I haven't watched the Hayate the Combat Butler anime, but to be quite honest the manga disappointed me. I liked the first couple chapters, which reminded me a lot of the reasons I liked Excel Saga... but after that it seems to waste most of its potential and become a rather dull harem series that seems to go quantity over quality in terms of references. Every time there seems to be a potentially interesting or exciting development, it sputters out a couple chapters later.

Seto no Hanayome does the whole "moe" + harem + manly action combat thing that Hayate tries to do a lot better, imo. Like the hilarous and awesome Terminator parody.

no common sense

• Toilet Cleaner
  • Guy who appears randomly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 12:29:05 AM »
Nabeshin :im_nabeshin:, the man with the afro, will be appearing in the next episode of this series!  Solid proof that Excel and Hayate's universe is connected.  I'm excited.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 12:14:17 AM »
*cough* download *cough*
>:/

SWamP

• Unpaid Translator
  • Toilet Cleaner
  • In your house, cooking your pets.
    • View Profile
    • Efexsagá
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 04:40:31 PM »

R Kenshin

• Bio Scientist
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »
neat, its in spanish. In any case, Hayate was a great anime. I hear they have a second season coming soon. (Source: moetron.com)
Roar, Roar, fight the power

Turbam!!!

• uh...
  • Emergency food supply
  • I'M A DOCTOR!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 02:24:28 PM »
I remember watching the Nabeshin episode of Hayate, that was my favorite...

And then after words I watched Excel Saga....and Nabeshin became my hero...well again.

After I watched the Nabeshin section of Hayate again...and it all made sense to me...

Anyway, I'm glad that Hayate's getting another season, it's a really good show.