Author Topic: What game did you buy most recently?  (Read 93481 times)

Mad Hatteress

Re: What game did you buy most recently?
« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2009, 09:51:40 AM »
Get God Hand. It's rated M but it really should be T. It's super fun, creative, actually difficult (as opposed to cheap like CoD 4 Veteran mode), and hilarious. Best PS2 game out there, IMO.

What about Devil Summoner! Have you cruelly tossed it aside already?! Traitor!

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »
Get God Hand. It's rated M but it really should be T. It's super fun, creative, actually difficult (as opposed to cheap like CoD 4 Veteran mode), and hilarious. Best PS2 game out there, IMO.

What about Devil Summoner! Have you cruelly tossed it aside already?! Traitor!
I haven't played it enough yet to know whether or not to recommend it! Which I plan to rectify this weekend. :D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2009, 12:17:27 PM »
Don't get god hand it's rather shit and a rather poor game

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »
Don't get god hand it's rather shit and a rather poor game
Lol no

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 04, 2009, 12:15:23 PM »
(^ Lol Yes,) bought myself a psp 3000 with 2gb card and soul calibur broken destiney

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #395 on: September 04, 2009, 02:15:04 PM »
Sooo..... anyone know the status on Fatal Frame 4?

Is the decision still final that we're not going to see a release here? Has Nintendo gotten enough death threats yet to prompt a release outside Japan? :il_hahaha:

Just curious because I know Wii owners have been literally out for blood since the news hit this week.

As a PS3 owner, I'm just disappointed that Nintendo owns rights to the title. >_<

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #396 on: September 04, 2009, 05:13:16 PM »
Sooo..... anyone know the status on Fatal Frame 4?

Huh... Well, from articles I read and hearing stuff from people around the 'net it sounded like Nintendo never, ever intended for the game to be released in the US but I checked game FAQs and under the US release heading it says "canceled".

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #397 on: September 04, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »
^Nasty..

I know someone who's actually so pissed over this he's going to buy a 360 this week-end as an anti-Nintendo protest move. He's very well aware it has a 54% hardware failure rate and, as such, is not a system he's ever supported.

But this news sent him over the edge. It was the last straw. Basically he's tired of being bombarded by uninteresting family friendly releases which outnumber others something like 4 to 1. I guess if Nintendo prefers to treat their gaming audience like children with restricting genres, this is how some people are going to roll.

hmm.. I haven't bought anything too recent. I'm looking to get a worthy RPG in the near future. Tales of Vesperia is probably still a ways off but looks incredible.

Turbam!!!

• uh...
  • Emergency food supply
  • I'M A DOCTOR!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 04, 2009, 08:21:43 PM »
Since I've last posted I've bought

Ar tonellico
MadWorld
Uncharted
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Darkstalkers Chronicles
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Silent Hill Homecoming
Final Fantasy 4 the after years

And I've ordered
Wii Sports Resort
Muramasa

Since people are talking about the series has anyone played the Shin Megami Tensei for the DS?  I've been looking into the series and it seems like a pretty nice enough place to start.  I know I'm going to end up buying Nocturne for Dante...

It is a shame about Fatal Frame not making it to America, from what I've heard it's not getting a PAL release either.  Oh well at least Silent Hill looks good...

[EDIT]

Good news, it looks like a couple of fans are translating Fatal Frame.  And from looking at they're FAQS it looks like you wont even have to mod your Wii, if the patch they are doing works, you just need to get a copy of Fatal Frame and an SD card.

http://zero4.higashinoeden.com/index.php5

Hopefully it ends up working.  If so looks like I'll need to dig for a good place to buy Fatal Frame :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:21:37 PM by Turbam!!! »

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #399 on: September 05, 2009, 12:51:58 PM »

I know someone who's actually so pissed over this he's going to buy a 360 this week-end as an anti-Nintendo protest move. He's very well aware it has a 54% hardware failure rate and, as such, is not a system he's ever supported.

But this news sent him over the edge. It was the last straw. Basically he's tired of being bombarded by uninteresting family friendly releases which outnumber others something like 4 to 1. I guess if Nintendo prefers to treat their gaming audience like children with restricting genres, this is how some people are going to roll.

Yup. 360s suck so bad I had to send mine in for repairs shortly after I bought mine. Sure, it was for free, but it's ridiculous that my N64 is still running strong but the 369 died in less than a year.

To be honest, until I heard that Fragile is going to be released in the US I totally regretted buying a Wii. The games are stupid and childish, like you stated, and I hate the controllers. It doesn't matter who it is; all players look like an ass while they're trying to play.

Since people are talking about the series has anyone played the Shin Megami Tensei for the DS?  I've been looking into the series and it seems like a pretty nice enough place to start.  I know I'm going to end up buying Nocturne for Dante...

I've been a long time fan and I HATE the SMT game for the DS. It's a completely different battle system that isn't fun at all. Nocturne is probably the hardest game you will ever play so I strongly suggest buying the Devil Summoner games to help get you familiar to the SMT series since the first is super easy but still very fun. Digital Devil Saga is also very good but you should check online when it comes to how to unlock and find the optional bosses since it's a pain to find them on your own.

Turbam!!!

• uh...
  • Emergency food supply
  • I'M A DOCTOR!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 05, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »

Yup. 360s suck so bad I had to send mine in for repairs shortly after I bought mine. Sure, it was for free, but it's ridiculous that my N64 is still running strong but the 369 died in less than a year.

To be honest, until I heard that Fragile is going to be released in the US I totally regretted buying a Wii. The games are stupid and childish, like you stated, and I hate the controllers. It doesn't matter who it is; all players look like an ass while they're trying to play.

Since people are talking about the series has anyone played the Shin Megami Tensei for the DS?  I've been looking into the series and it seems like a pretty nice enough place to start.  I know I'm going to end up buying Nocturne for Dante...

I've been a long time fan and I HATE the SMT game for the DS. It's a completely different battle system that isn't fun at all. Nocturne is probably the hardest game you will ever play so I strongly suggest buying the Devil Summoner games to help get you familiar to the SMT series since the first is super easy but still very fun. Digital Devil Saga is also very good but you should check online when it comes to how to unlock and find the optional bosses since it's a pain to find them on your own.

Actually Fragile has been annoucned for a Statside release, I think that the release date is set Januray 20ish of 2010

The DS SMT is an SRPG right? Or did I hear wrong?  I do love SRPs....so I may find some enjoyment in it, I suppose in the mean time I'll look for a copy of Digital Devil Saga

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #401 on: September 11, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »
I've been playing the Metroid Prime Trilogy that just came out on Wii. I beat the first two and I'm on 3. AMAZING! But apparentlyt he Wii scratched the shit out of my disc. DAMNIT! I always take really good care of my discs, too. Now it doesn't read sometimes. >.>

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 11, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »
Since I've last posted I've bought

Ar tonellico
Oh my, that game is so trippy. Not bad, per se... just weird and full of innuendo. It's unique, though. XD

As for the Wii crappiness subject, I just borrow my sister's when I want to play something; I probably would not buy my own. I thought Tales of Symphonia 2 would redeem the bad games out there. Ha... haa.. no. So since then the only ray of light is the new Monkey Island game from the online store. Haven't bought it yet, but I think I will soon... I keep on seeing Jenga for Wii and that ruins my view of Nintendo. I mean, the whole point of Jenga is making a big mess and being spiteful to your friends by making a tower collapse on them. Without that, why bother? I bet when it falls, it's just a crappy animation of blocks falling. OMG, wow, how exciting. And then there's the Price is Right game... Le sigh.
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #403 on: September 12, 2009, 04:57:05 AM »
I just bought A 4-bundle pack from Blurst.com... The guys who made Offroad Velociaptor Safari...
I'm a big fan of their free online games, so when they had downloadable ones for sale, i got them right away... Even got an offer to lower the price since i was a supporter in the past by playing their games, alot...

So now i'm a proud owner of 4 of their many games... They may even make additional patches and addons for the downloadable versions... I really hope so...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 13, 2009, 12:02:22 PM »
I bought myself ape escape for my psp, alot harder to play on the psp I found though