Author Topic: What game did you buy most recently?  (Read 94109 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What game did you buy most recently?
« Reply #525 on: June 05, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »
Bought myself gears of war for the pc, not bad looking

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 05, 2010, 01:08:27 AM »
Tales of Symphonia 2.

It's alright, but not as good as the original.
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 07, 2010, 08:58:45 AM »
The most recent titles I have bought are lego harry potter years 1 to 4, devil may cry 3 special edition, burnout paradise, roogoo and the greatest first person shooter of them all and it runs quite well on my laptop aswell, modern warfare 2.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 10, 2010, 02:09:11 AM »
bought ace attourney games apollo justice and miles edgeworth.
Phoenix was way cooler than apollo, but his perceive technique actually makes more sense than a magnatama that lets you see the locks in people's hearts. The bracelet was unnecessary, it serves to make apollo's skill just a fluke that he did no work for. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the story.
Miles game is a bit... ehhh. I like him, I'm not too fussed on Key even though I just met her. Seriously, why do they have to have a teenage sidekick in every ace attourney game (or in Wright's case: teenage physic)?! It's kinda creepy that these full grown men are spending so much time with teenage girls when it would be easy enough to have a secretary or workmate. To be fair, there is Gumshoe and the girls do have a legitamate excuse to be there. But back to the game, I find it hard to pick just the right piece of evidence and the game doesn't flow as quickly as Apollo Justice. But the tiny sprites are cute and there are more little screenshots and movie sequences that make the game a bit more evolved.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 10, 2010, 04:53:01 PM »
I bought myself serious sam gold edition and x-blades, which runs on my laptop and the specs for the game given on the back of the box are bull shite,  just like the avp normal and collectors version where they both have different minimum game specs

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 30, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »
           I bought this ages ago but just finished it: Steambot Chronicles. A steampunk(without punk) style game where you ride mechas through a sandbox world with rpg elements such as deciding what your character says and does. for the most part it's voice acted but everything your character says seem skipped and unnatural. for me, the voice acting was so cringeworthy i turned it off, and just let the sound effects play. because i sorta disliked everyone, i took the villain path in which you take over a military group with a stranglehold on all the fuel and towns. But get this, in the epilogue, you wake up in prison. What the hell!? I win a war but get taken down by the police force. What good is my army for?
            All in all - okay. I would play it again, if i had time to waste. the bad points are slow-paced gameplay where you spend 20 minutes travelling from one end of the map to another, alot of loading that is slow. The plot ... while it had points i liked, it can be hard to know where to go next. And the epilogue is HELL! It took me ages to find everyone. You have to talk to 6 people from the band in order to find the heroine, but there are no clues! you just have to go to random locations that take forever to get to and have 3 line conversations that are very unsatisfactory and start with the line 'when did you get out?'. I meet the heroine, say one line to her, she goes '...?!' gets in my trotmobile and you are free to wander the world completing side quests. No, i think ill stop. Yeah, that epilogue was so worth the 2 hours...

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #531 on: July 30, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »
           I bought this ages ago but just finished it: Steambot Chronicles. A steampunk(without punk) style game where you ride mechas through a sandbox world with rpg elements such as deciding what your character says and does. for the most part it's voice acted but everything your character says seem skipped and unnatural. for me, the voice acting was so cringeworthy i turned it off, and just let the sound effects play. because i sorta disliked everyone, i took the villain path in which you take over a military group with a stranglehold on all the fuel and towns. But get this, in the epilogue, you wake up in prison. What the hell!? I win a war but get taken down by the police force. What good is my army for?
            All in all - okay. I would play it again, if i had time to waste. the bad points are slow-paced gameplay where you spend 20 minutes travelling from one end of the map to another, alot of loading that is slow. The plot ... while it had points i liked, it can be hard to know where to go next. And the epilogue is HELL! It took me ages to find everyone. You have to talk to 6 people from the band in order to find the heroine, but there are no clues! you just have to go to random locations that take forever to get to and have 3 line conversations that are very unsatisfactory and start with the line 'when did you get out?'. I meet the heroine, say one line to her, she goes '...?!' gets in my trotmobile and you are free to wander the world completing side quests. No, i think ill stop. Yeah, that epilogue was so worth the 2 hours...
I actually played this back when it first came out and loved it.
my roommate loved it too. probably why he stole it.

anyways, at the time of its release, it fit the description of steampunk
maybe not so much now however
>:/

incarta

• Flying through the air like a tomahawk missle
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 14, 2010, 11:22:18 AM »
I am currently playing;

It's really very good
SIGNATURE!!!!!!!! ....YEAH!

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 14, 2010, 12:23:04 PM »
I'm alternating between StarCraft 2, Mafia, and Fate/stay Night right now. All of them are awesome. Can't wait for Mafia 2!

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 15, 2010, 12:52:06 AM »
I bought: Bully, Dead or Alive 2 and beyond good and evil from the ps2 preowned section.

I know I said I hated no 2, but i decided to be fair and try out Xenosaga 1, since i've got the mod and stuff and can actually play the NTSC region. The art style in one is different. It's anime style which makes me go ugh... [shudder]. The plot still makes no sense, but i can sense some weird religious thing in it, which lessens my interest. The cut scenes are numerous and it is true you have a 27 introductionary scene which probably prompted some to throw this away. I did get it for less than $10. there is that.

Now for something awesome, psp harvest moon boy and girl. There are alot of niche titles coming on the psp and i rather like that. It has the ability to put better games out than the ds and i like the cool look of it and everything. Plus, i'm gonna be one of the rare ones that can actually play the new kingdom hearts game. On Harvest moon - nice cut scenes, light tone and addictive gameplay. I love the ones set in mineral town.

incarta

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 19, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »
For the rest of the week, I shall be mostly playing;

Hopefully someone I know will also get it so I can try out the Co-op =(

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #536 on: August 19, 2010, 10:48:13 PM »
For the rest of the week, I shall be mostly playing;

Hopefully someone I know will also get it so I can try out the Co-op =(

I have it, but there is no online co-op until September 28th.

incarta

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 20, 2010, 07:44:36 AM »
... good point XD

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 06, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »
Bought myself starwars battlefront 2

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 13, 2010, 12:33:54 AM »
Oni, Spider man 2 - the best video game based off a movie i've played and Jet Set Radio Future. I love that game. It's the only one i've ever truly completed; the unlockable characters and so forth. The game gives me the strongest feeling of falling sometimes...