Author Topic: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)  (Read 39627 times)

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 03:40:46 PM »
Yes, I've heard about this.  None of the links I've used before this one have worked though, thanks.  I've gone through the whole first visual novel, albeit I didn't understand a lick of it as it was all in Japanese.  It's going to be tough getting past the terrible art of the visual novels, though. :laugh:

Anyone else played Daybreak?  I finally have the full version and it's goddamn amazing.

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 04:01:57 PM »

Anyone else played Daybreak?  I finally have the full version and it's goddamn amazing.

Yeah, the full version's great. And if you get the expansion, you get to play as Hanyuu, who does "ZA WARUDO", even screaming MUDA MUDA MUDA as she does it XD. Plus you get Natsumi... who is the most psychotic wench since the Meakashi-hen... I'm thinking of ordering the Onisarashi-hen off YesAsia to try my hand at translating it, just to find out why she's so crazy. (I've been studying Japanese for about a year and a half. I can do alright with a dictionary and some Furigana)

Shion and Akane are the best though, in my opinion. High speed, good combos (Charge up knife Shion's projectile to it's strongest, hit them twice and launch it. Works every time.)
Worst are Miyo, Irie and Tomitake. Though maybe Tomitake gets a little better in the expansion, I haven't tried him out yet lol.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 04:16:02 PM »
Yeah, I also have the expansion.  I hate Akane, to be honest.  My favorites to play as are Shion, Akasaka, and Kasai.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 06:02:49 PM »
Okay, I've nearly finished the series, and all I have to say is wtf.  This is a very odd series, it didn't make sense pretty much throughout until after ep. 12 or so, then puzzle pieces started to fall, but the whole first four ep arc was still hanging out there, and then I just finished ep 25 and... huh?  I won't drop spoliers for those who haven't seen it, but seriously Foggle or Squirrellord, does this conclude at all in Kai?  I'm kinda wondering how they ever made a second season from what I've seen. 

Yet I keep watching, it is an engrossing series.  Too bad it'll never complete due to Geneon, which is unfortunate because I'd likely buy it.  Just buying the first few discs that have been released so far... eh, not so much.

Also, damn, I really like Shion up to... well, you know.  But the later eps really do explain some of the weird statements made at the beginning of the series. 

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 06:24:17 PM »
whole series makes sense in Kai. They won't just flat out say it though, you have to put it together yourself at some points (did Tatarigoroshi-hen confuse you? The one focusing on Satoko. Yeah? Well, it takes some detective reasoning to understand it, even after the second season).

They're making a season 3 too, which will probably include the Rei story arcs, and if we're lucky, Onisarashi-hen.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 06:25:36 PM »
What Squirrellord just said.  It'll all make sense once you see Kai, my friend (which I'm actually still watching, I'm waiting for the WinD subs).

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 10:16:50 PM »
Episode 6 of Kai and now it makes some friggin sense!  Woo!  And 3 was... odd... but thankfully now that the skein is coming together, it's easier to see the pattern.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2008, 05:34:47 AM »
Episode 6 of Kai and now it makes some friggin sense!  Woo!  And 3 was... odd... but thankfully now that the skein is coming together, it's easier to see the pattern.
Episode 2 of Kai was my favorite.  With the Zombie Tag.  Keeeiiii-chaaaaannnnn.

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »
Zombie tag was supposed to be in Onikakushi-hen though, just minus Shion.
Actually, most of that filler arc was stuff trimmed from the original arcs XD

And Spoilers coming up here, sorta. If you've finished the filler arc, then I suppose it's safe:
Even after watching the whole series, I still don't know what Rena's bloody hat meant... They never explain it. Maybe I just need to watch Kai again, or wait to order Tatarigoroshi-hen manga and read it XD

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 08:09:04 AM »
Arrrgh!  I'm up through Kai 15 but I can't find any more English subs.  I've been watching on Stage 6, can't watch YouTube versions, the resolution is so bad.  Have I just run out of Kai for the moment, or is it done and somewhere else? 

Dammit Geneon, I'd buy this all.  Someone else, please license this.  I haven't been this compelled to watch an anime in a long time.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »
*cough* youtube
>:/

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 04:16:59 PM »
Arrrgh!  I'm up through Kai 15 but I can't find any more English subs.  I've been watching on Stage 6, can't watch YouTube versions, the resolution is so bad.  Have I just run out of Kai for the moment, or is it done and somewhere else? 

Dammit Geneon, I'd buy this all.  Someone else, please license this.  I haven't been this compelled to watch an anime in a long time.
I've only seen through 15 also, I'm watching the WinD fansubs.  Other groups have finished Kai, though.  Tried any torrent sites?

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2008, 05:34:20 PM »
I don't actually do torrents or any downloads, I just watch streaming. 

posted by masou
*cough* youtube

posted by me
can't watch YouTube versions, the resolution is so bad

*cough* read

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 07:19:33 PM »
I don't actually do torrents or any downloads, I just watch streaming.
Ahhh.  I download the episodes to the nifty second hard drive I got for Christmas. ^_^

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 08:33:58 PM »
lol, after rewatching the first season here and there, I figured out something kinda cool... Spoilers for Tatarigoroshi-hen, and perhaps some of Kai.
Remember when Satoko was in the bathtub when Keiichi came to rescue her? Ever wonder why she was in there? Obviously it wasn't for hygiene, she said her uncle made her. If you remember, back when Keiichi called her uncle to kill him, her uncle said "I was just getting in the bath...", and Keiichi lied and said he needed to come to the police station, on Satoko's behalf. So when he gets back home, and Satoko is there, he wiggs on her (which she says he does in the next episode), and then to punish her fully, he forces her to take a bath like that, because she kept him from taking one. As a side note, you can die from too much steam in the bathroom.
So you guys going "... why was her uncle alive in the first place!?".... watch the rest of Kai ;D. If you still don't get it, watch Tatarigoroshi-hen again after finishing it.