Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126173 times)

Mad Hatteress

Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2009, 06:57:22 AM »
I needed another notebook for class so I was cleaning out my closet since I knew I had a bunch of them in there and came across my old journal from when I was in grade school! I forgot about some of the things that happened there, a lot of them super hilarious. This is probably my favorite one:

We had to do a ditch clean up and for some reason the teachers decided to seperate the guys and the girls to clean each side. I was picking up trash when all of a sudden I hear this loud scream, but I wasn't able to see who did it and why.

It turned out one of the boys had found a dead raccoon and flung it at a teacher. It was one I didn't really care for so that made it even better XD

Jeez... I thought my handwriting was bad now, though! I can barely read the scribbles I made! I'd get banned if I posted them but I saw that I made note of the parodies we made to religious songs.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 07:23:34 AM »
I'd have loved to read that stuff then :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 02:08:28 PM »
I'd get banned if I posted them
Wow. Really?? :e_shocked:

:e_tongue: I'll take your word for it.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 02:38:59 PM »
Well... Because of the age we thought that sexual content was hilarious. This forum has looser rules than most but I'm still not comfortable posting nearly all of them. Oh! One is OK, though! It's stupid now but as an 7th grader I thought it was hilarious. I was forced to attend a crappy Christian school, so we'd be forced to put on a musical each year.

The orignal:

In God we trust
Not in ourselves but in God we trust
Nothing else

Our version:

In God we trust
He ate my cheese sandwich but he left the crust
Nothing else

And for a change in subject I've been lurking on an Alice forum since activity has picked up due to stupid Burton releasing a new version of it. Maybe I should've done one of my papers on how Burton should be shot (J/K). I loved Sweeny Todd but he turned Wonka into Michael Jackson and I fear for Alice. She looks like a slut in the trailers and I can't believe what they did to my darling Hatter! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 09:46:13 AM »
Guise

Guise

Guise

The chat room is lonely without all of you'se. Get in hear. D:<

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »
Pretend i said the same stuff Foggle just said...  :il_hahaha:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2009, 01:48:24 AM »
>:/

Dechan

• Talks Like Sumiyoshi
  • Unemployed
  • LET ME TELL YOU THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2009, 03:59:47 AM »
Ya know, on the sexism on games. I know, over a week late to the party(I tend not to check the chit-chat threads often because I don't really have things to say on many topics, then when I do the floodgates open and people run screaming) but a thought I had years ago come back to my mind.

In fighting games where every female is either ZOMG SEXAY or a little girl(which is just plain disturbing) I always thought it would be hilarious to add in like a big, fat and ugly Chun Li-type(complete with ridiculously small costume and err... interesting moves) just to gross out all the pervs etc. I know that doesn't really help on the sexist front, but I just wanted someone to do it because I've yet to see anyone dare try it and I'd love to watch the idiot pervys complain about how they could put such a disgraceful thing in a game and all that.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2009, 08:18:32 AM »
^ Well, if all goes as planned an I become a game designer I'd like to make a game to take revenge for Rumble Roses. Yup, you guessed it, it'll be a game with all men. One of the guys that I have in mind will be a drag queen that calls himself the Queen of Hearts.

Dechan

• Talks Like Sumiyoshi
  • Unemployed
  • LET ME TELL YOU THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2009, 09:00:51 AM »
That's another strange thing in games. With the guys, there's never a guy who's approx like myself. I don't mean a guy who looks like me or anything, but they never have a guy who's just kinda fat. They're always either pretty boys, average Joe looking, ridiculously muscular or a 30 stone beast man. You never get a 16 stone "he's fat, but not obese" sorta guy. Again, this isn't really about me, it just really strikes me strange that they don't mix up their character designs more.

Makes you wonder if they just use templates or something for churning out characters.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009, 09:05:02 AM »
^ They do mix up character types but it's just difficult to find it. In Crazy Taxi two I know that there was a large black woman who drove a taxi.

With men you find much more diversity in character builds than women. Dr. Muto, one of my favorite games, starred a less than attractive mad scientist. Bloody Roar has pretty boys like Xion but there was a large man named Ganesha in there. Heck, even Mario's a husky plumber and Wario is just plain fat and gross.

Dechan

• Talks Like Sumiyoshi
  • Unemployed
  • LET ME TELL YOU THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 09:42:44 AM »
Oh, I ain't arguing that, that's why I said about making that big fat woman in my first post. As I've yet to see it(I've only played the first Crazy Taxi) in a game personally.

I find RPGs are especially guilty, even moreso than fighting games of having "templated" characters who seem like they were just put together using a program that may be called "Generic Anime People" or something.

In fighting games it's kinda forgivable, since in general, fighters will fit a certain style(average karate guy, fat sumo, big muscular wrestler etc.) but in RPGs, where it's meant to be like a real world, where all the guys are either pretty boys, muscular or comedically waaaay overweight and all the women are either super sexy, little girls or skinny old grannies is kinda ridiculous. It's like they can't do inbetweens on the guys(even "average joe" type guys are pretty rare in RPGs) and you can't have a girl who isn't either skinny or sexy. Maybe we could call it Square Syndrome?

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 12:32:16 PM »
Myself I have always like the representation of male and females, whatever species in the rpg games especially the ones by square because they look so pretty.   

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »
At the risk of me being labeled a sexist pig.. :il_hahaha:

I know that in most cases in gaming, if given the choice, I'd rather play as a female character because... well.. they're just better to look at. :e_tongue:

And heck, when it comes to third person view games, I KNOW I'd rather be looking at a lady's butt than a guy's.

But gaming is all about having that fantasy element to it where you can become anything and anyone you want. It is unfortunate that the average Joe (or Joanne) character is left out of the equation a lot of times.
yeah.. Seems like character designs are either one extreme or the other but not much in between. :e_confused:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 03:05:21 PM »
^Don't worry about it, you're right. I do enjoy playing as more attractive characters as well; my issue is just how one-dimensional female characters are in regards to their roles in games and personalities. There's some butt-ugly MC guys in games but I've only encountered one unattractive female in the Bloody Roar series and she was killed off.