Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126206 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #720 on: August 15, 2010, 10:23:06 AM »
^Not sure what it's like in the UK with bookstores, but over here it's kinda scary for the little guys. Small bookstores are closing their doors because they're finding competition too difficult with the big stores - they're taking away a lot of their business.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 17, 2010, 09:34:29 AM »
oh it's not that I was doing bookshop/cafe. no I went to get buisness advice and well they wouldn't give me anything :( so i'm having to abandon the dream....one of many stamped into the ground and to be honest it is mainly my fault. You know when people turn to you as a child and ask you what you want to be when you grow up and they encourage you to follow your dream. My dreams kept changing and I couldn't focus on one long enough and by the time I decided what I wanted to do well it was to late :(

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #722 on: August 17, 2010, 03:29:39 PM »
^They wouldn't give you any helpful advice? That's odd. O_o

I was the exact same way as you and still am. When I was younger, people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. All I could say was, "..... I don't know.." There was never one solid career choice I could settle on. Because of this, I manage to dabble into a little bit of everything.

I know it may seem bad now, but never say never, HA1L. Nothing is too late to do.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 31, 2010, 03:15:57 AM »
true thanks lord il :-) in all honesty I just beat myself down when stuff like this happens and forget to keep trying

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #724 on: September 05, 2010, 03:01:16 PM »
Goodbye Hurricane Earl! Thanks for knocking the power out for 27 hours. :e_angry:

But things are all good now. :ehail:

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 06, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »
On my hols, in wet and windy wales, currently listening to the rain and wind battering against the chalet I am staying in

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 06, 2010, 10:37:33 PM »
-slinks into the topic-
A chalet, huh? Fancy, exckilla! I think heavy rain is really relaxing as long as the thunder and lightning are at a minimum. Otherwise I get a bit twitchy since I'm almost in tornado alley and all.

...Sooo how're things, everybody?

Err, sorry for the disappearing act, my computer became quite fragile just as I was starting a new job and fun internet times fell to the wayside. Looking back and stalking the archives, it's seems like there was a domino effect back then, though who started it is a mystery. :O
My excuse is a weird 2-11 work schedule? Bah, weak excuse.
 Plus, I lent out my whole collections of Excel Saga to a friend (1-17) and they were somehow lost, so no constant reminders have been lying around.  :sumysad: Ok, that's just a sad excuse.

I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 07, 2010, 05:24:56 AM »
Shit, you're back! Welcome, welcome! :im_nabeshin:
Your whole collection was lost? Oh lord... :e_crying:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #728 on: September 07, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
Your whole collection was lost? Oh lord... :e_crying:
Yes? You rang?
 :e_tongue:

Great seeing you around again, Pample! ^^

*facepalms at the loss of Pamples ES collection...*
 :elcry: This pic says it all..

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 07, 2010, 09:55:44 PM »
Welcome back, but damn, what a crock about the collection. You are making this friend of yours replace it, I trust. If I lose something a friend loaned me I'd pay to replace it, that's b.s.  :lordilannoyed:

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 08, 2010, 01:55:57 AM »
Well, due to my lazy ass i'm not going to get any financial aid until when well over half the semester is done (late oct., early nov.). Not that bad though, I got a bus pass and I found most of the books I needed on amazon for WAAAAY lower than the school is asking for. So i'm pretty well off for now. Commuting is still a bitch, though.

I lent out my whole collections of Excel Saga to a friend (1-17) and they were somehow lost, so no constant reminders have been lying around.
I got a car battery and a plastic bag...perhaps five minutes alone will make your collection show up  :il_hahaha:. Jokes aside, that's really a bummer, especially with the whole out-of print issue with some of the volumes.  :e_crying:

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 08, 2010, 10:29:13 PM »
Gee, you guys certainly know how to make a girl giggle about otaku heartbreak.  :egood:
Nah, the person in question is a good friend and offered to buy a new set for me. Ears were chewed off though, I assure you. I'm just doing the research and pricing myself because I am queen (ok, maybe just baroness) of internet shopping. I've procrastinated a while hoping the friend's exroommates would find them, but I've given up. I do not think that them being a group of superchristians helped, especially if they read the first volume.  :eevil:

Man, Taste, delayed financial aid is the worst. I commuted my first two years and saved a ton compared to friends who lived on the main campus for all four (or five) years. I miss college but I'm not quite ready to go back for a masters just yet (so. much. debt.)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #732 on: September 09, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »
Gee, you guys certainly know how to make a girl giggle about otaku heartbreak.  :egood:
Nah, the person in question is a good friend and offered to buy a new set for me. Ears were chewed off though, I assure you.
:il_hahaha:

Yeah, but I guess the part which much sting the most is getting the elusive volumes of 7 & 8.... ugh...!

My face thinking of that...

T_T

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 09, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
-looks shady- I've got my connections. I've got my eye on a deal. Plus, I had two of each to begin with. >.> Spoiled, I know. It seems 5 is becoming a bit more elusive, too. Weird, no?

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 09, 2010, 10:08:37 PM »
Could your connections hook me up with a copy of volume 7 for less than $30? I finally got my friend to start reading the series and that's the only one he still needs. D: