Author Topic: Cartoons (excluding anime)!  (Read 7156 times)

Mad Hatteress

Re: Cartoons (excluding anime)!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 02:55:28 PM »
^It's pretty sad; I'm twenty-years-old and still such a fantard for that cartoon.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 12:40:42 PM »
Ugh... I decided to look at some DW fanart and found Mary-Sues galore! Tons of chicks drawing a duck incarnation of themselves, most of which have Negaduck knock up. It's a kids' cartoon for heaven's sake! It's creepy and weird!

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »
Well I am 30, I still watch old episodes of gi joe that I do own, transformers, visionaries and the 1990's batman cartoon movie specials.  Out of the retro cartoons I would consider to avoid is  jayce and the wheeled riders (don't get me started on why I hate it) and the transformers clone, the gobots (sorry I mean gay bots)

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 06:42:07 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I found time to watch one episode of Tintin! I was so happy to see that the set I received today had the take of my favorite Tintin comic, the Castafiore Emeralds. I absolutely LOVED it even thought the English dub isn't that great and the animation does suffer some quality issues that could've easily been fixed.

It's a bummer they didn't include the little girl biting Haddock (Kids seem to either love him or hate him), and they cut down on his interactions with the parrot, but at least they still animated the part where he gets pissed and throws his newspaper at him!

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 12:16:08 PM »
I saw the first episode of trap door, (yes sad I know) and the first part of she-ra (the one that was a movie back in the eighties)

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 06:59:38 PM »
This Tintin set is seriously rocking my socks off! What really shocked me, though, was that they kept Herge's stereotypical drawings of non-white characters. I said "No freaking way!" out loud when the Asian villain in the Blue Lotus showed up with squinty eyes and massive buck teeth like he did in the comic. I think I know why this set never got a US release.

It's strange they'll leave something like that in but they've really cut down on showing Haddock drinking and don't show him getting as mad as he did in the comics. Oh, but in Tintin in Tibet they still let Snowy get drunk and fall off a cliff! Silly puppy.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 12:03:58 PM »
Shame he was still around and tintin aswell.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 03:32:42 PM »
Shame he was still around and tintin aswell.

What?

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
I hated it and never got o with and it was unfortunate that it was on some mornings before the cartoon I liked watching back in the 90's Sonic the hedgehog (not the stupid one).  That what was one series to get upearly for, I especially liked the doomsday project (final episode) would have worked has 2 or 3 parter I felt though

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 01:20:37 PM »
^ I see, but you don't have to be such a jerk about it to someone who genuinely enjoyed the show. I liked the Sonic you're referring to when I was a kid but I still love Tintin to this day since it's a "smart" cartoon that can really be enjoyed by all ages.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »
I was only winding you up about tintin, no need to get personal

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »
I apologise about my comments about tintin, just wasn't my thing though, and I will quite happily admit that.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 03:23:38 PM »
^Wow, first you admit you were purposely trying to be a jerk, then make a fake apology, and then make another snide remark. I'm quite happy you don't like Tintin either because it would shatter the stereotype I have in my mind of the fans being intelligent and worthwhile people.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 03:51:09 PM »
Tintin sucks.

:e_tongue: Yes, I jest.

Truth is you've gotten me curious about it. Any english Tintin fansites you know of/recommend?

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »
Tintin sucks.

Truth is you've gotten me curious about it. Any english Tintin fansites you know of/recommend?[/color]

This should be very helpful and has many more links: http://www.tintinologist.org/guides/