Author Topic: Cartoons (excluding anime)!  (Read 7159 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Cartoons (excluding anime)!
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 04:02:22 PM »
LMAO!!!

Awesome! Thank you! ^^

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 11:07:04 PM »

A little something I found on the internet. Merry Christmas, Hat!
 :il_hahaha:
Translations are awesome.
Of course, it may have been photoshopped :/
Meh, either way, I giggled.
<3
The more I look at that image, the more I realize how much Tintin (I assume the sweater guy is the titular character?) looks like Conan O'Brien. Or his hair is a twin, at least XD
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Lan

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2009, 01:55:17 AM »
The early 90's tintin cartoon was epic. some episodes were split up into 2 parts, so we would have to wait an extra week for some stories to be completed.

Weta studios are working on a live action Tintin. Tintin himself will be CGI. I heard of this in 2007 when I was in New Zealand, though i dont know how far production has come.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2009, 07:25:35 AM »
Translations are awesome.
Of course, it may have been photoshopped :/
Meh, either way, I giggled.
<3

From the picture it looks like it's from Tintin in Tibet. I'll go check and see if that dialog is actually in there. Yup, the panel is changed slightly. Haddock says "gong" not "dong".

The early 90's tintin cartoon was epic. some episodes were split up into 2 parts, so we would have to wait an extra week for some stories to be completed.

Weta studios are working on a live action Tintin. Tintin himself will be CGI. I heard of this in 2007 when I was in New Zealand, though i dont know how far production has come.

Yeah, I have one of those two-parters on my set but for some reason Red Rakham's Treasure (I think I may have spelled the pirate's name wrong; I never could remember it) was only 22 minuets long instead of 45! I was so disappointed!

Is that the studio Spielberg works for? I know he's the one who's doing it and has wanted to for quite a long time. The movie was actually supposed to be out this year, but there were delays, so now it's due for 2011. It'll come out in Europe first and then hit the US.

Lan

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2009, 07:51:05 AM »
Weta studios is Peter Jackson, of the LoTR fame. Spielberg and i think also Jackson are both working on it, yeah.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 12:02:42 PM »
Cheeky bugger the apologie was sincere, take it as you wish, who really cares anyhow

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 12:11:21 PM »
It's a shame in this day and age though a few of the cartoons that were in made in the 80's/90's were remade and some of the the remakes were frankley awful, such as he-man (alright they got rid of skeletors camp accent).

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 03:52:56 PM »
Is anybody else watching Venture Brothers? It's amazing that it hasn't lost its' luster at all. I loved Johnny Quest as a kid, so this show aimed at adults is a real treat and right up my alley; heck, Johnny's even been in it!

And now some moments with everyone's favorite henchmen, 21 and 24: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQM53TSliM

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »
^ I saw that when they put it on Bravo at 1 in the morning, not a bad cartoon.  I found it annoying when they scrapped the UK anime channel but looking back now when it was mainly showing ghost in the shell series repeats for some weird but good reason gi joe and the god forsaken english translates of the japanese transformer series.

Twan

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 10:14:51 AM »
I don't watch cartoons unless I bump into an interesting one. Which none of them are nowadays (except South Park). But I sure did watch alot when I was younger. I consider the 90's the golden age of cartoons in some way.

It had those Superhero cartoons done right. (Hannah Barbera simply sucked at that) Spiderman was ok, X-men was great, Batman was awesome. The Ren & Stimpy show was the real standout in that time. Those made by John K at least. It's their sick, twisted and absurd humour that I loved.
Also loved "The Tick" for being a spot-on superhero spoof.

In the 80's I remember watching Dr. Snuggles, Transformers, Ghostbusters, Visionaries, GI Joe, Dungeons & Dragons, The Archies, Heathcliff, The Smurfs, Yogi Bear, The Flintstones, Galaxy Goof-ups and Yogi's Space Race and many others.

In the end of the 80's there where also some Dutch cartoons which where pretty good. Alfred J kwak & Boes. Turned out later they where animated in Japan. Yet they don't look like Anime. Not in terms of drawing style at least.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:30:57 AM by Twan »

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 02:35:03 PM »
I always liked transformers and action force (gi joe), followed prehaps by cities of gold, thundercats and godzilla

Mas

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2011, 04:12:56 AM »
I kind of love My Little Pony Friendship is Magic now. It's a moe moe slice-of-life cartoon about uh, ponies.

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 10:00:08 AM »
Hells yeah ponies!  :ehail:

BRO HOOF

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 01:37:21 PM »
I kind of love My Little Pony Friendship is Magic now. It's a moe moe slice-of-life cartoon about uh, ponies.

Why does the purple one in the center remind me of Stocking? :il_hahaha:

Mas

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 03:54:33 PM »
Why does the purple one in the center remind me of Stocking? :il_hahaha:

It is a mystery.