Author Topic: Hyper Police  (Read 6610 times)

Mad Hatteress

Hyper Police
« on: September 25, 2009, 07:11:09 AM »
I tried to get some people to read it in the chat but I think I'll try here. I want to recommend you guys try out the manga Hyper Police sometime. It's only ten volumes, the artwork is amazing, it's freaking hilarious, and has a lot of fan service.

The story takes places in the future where basically humans are an endangered species and furries have taken over, but there's also human/animal combinations. Natsuki, the man character, is a cat girl and Sakura, the woman who becomes her partner, is a fox girl. The two of them are bounty hunters and sometimes team with Tomy, a wolf, and his partner Batanen, who's a werewolf and has a huge crush on Natsuki (he "wolfs out" whenever he gets too excited around her).

The manga for the most part sticks with Natsuki and the odd adventures she gets into whether it be chasing a bounty, dealing with Sakura, getting stranded on a desert island, or being forced to learn how to swim.

Sakura's character is also focused on a bit with one chapter being particularly funny where the characters with animal traits go into heat and she tries to hunt down a samurai (who arrived in their time through a time warp) while dressed in a trashy outfit.

Sorry, I suck at explaining stuff and hyping up a manga but please at least flip through it if you see it in a store. Oh, and NEVER watch the anime; it's horrible.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
Re: Hyper Police
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 05:16:50 PM »
Hyper Police was one of the first manga I started collecting!  I read it in a Free Comic Book Day compilation edition Tokyopop put out some years back.  Now I have the whole series, and one of my favorites.  Thanks for clueing me in on the animé, as I had no idea what it is like, and at one time considered buying it.

The manga's funny, it's sexy, and it's full of crazy action!

E^D

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 03:08:37 AM »
A certain someone here should be happy to hear that i just ordered the two first books online, and they should be here within a weeks time...

Yay...

It sounds so appealing to me, so i'm sure i'll like it alot...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »
^ WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's awesome!  :elhail:

You'll have to tell me how you like it and I expect fanart afterwords as well!

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »
For the occasion, I think I will start reading it again, from the beginning, along with you, Micki.  Well, the first 2 volumes, anyway!  ;^_^

I second that fanart request.  A Micki-drawn Natsuki would be awesome!

E^D

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 04:34:29 AM »
I wouldn't mind drawing stuff, and i'd probably also wanna do that if i end up liking it anyways..!

I wonder how much longer it takes for them to arrive... Usually takes a week, but since i ordered them in the middle of this week, chances are it might be held back till next week... I hate when that happens...

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 04:46:19 PM »
I'm totally taking this out of context, but enjoy the furry anal rape in the first volume!

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 04:51:45 PM »
Why yes i will... I am going to the bathroom now, cleaning my ears... Maybe i can touch the brain and wipe out the image you just made me think of...

Still waiting for it, it's probably here monday or tuesday...

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 10:05:50 AM »
Still waiting for it, it's probably here monday or tuesday...

It's always a pain waiting for stuff. My Darkstalkers art book finally shipped, and it said it should be here by Thursday, but the "Track your package" option lists it being in arrival scan as of the 23rd but no location.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 03:17:40 AM »
I got them Maddy, i got them ..! :D

I must go to school soon though, what a bother... i will read them the very moment i get home ..!

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 03:26:19 PM »
C'mon, Micki!! Gimme your impression of them!

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 05:36:55 PM »
Well i had stuff to do, but tonight i finished the first volume, so far i love it completely :D I am very thankful to you for recommending them to me, it's great humor, it somehow reminds me of the old classic Dragonball fro some reason, but with profanity and a cooler style (which i personally love)

I love Batanen, his personality makes me crack up, i had to read the rape scene several times to see if that really just happened... :D

The art is so pretty too, and there is alot of interesting action sequences going on, i love it what loads of stuff is going on... Few panels are blank, some are, but the outdoors ones usually have huge interesting cities, trees or some other scenery that makes it look so lively...

I lack money just now (in fact, i have used WAY more than i should, it's like -700 dkk now...)
Once i get more money, i should try to keep my inner movie fanatic from buying any more movies in the coming month, then i can focus all the money i use on this series instead... I like it that much..!

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 08:48:40 AM »
I'm so happy you like it; that's a huge relief off my mind!

The stuff with Batanen only gets better as the series continues; one of my favorite bits is in the final volume which I can't say anything about as it's a huge spoiler. And just wait until Tomy gets a crush on someone; that's also extremely funny. It honestly just gets better the more you read and often you can't believe the zany situations these characters get into.

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »
Hattress is right, it does keep getting better.  In fact, I'm up to volume 8, and this is my 3rd time reading the whole series.

I'm also glad to hear that you like it, Micki (although, I had a feeling that you would)!  I hope you save enough for the rest real soon: there's only 10 volumes.  This is a series that really keeps the momentum of the first few volumes running, and doesn't disappoint.

E^D

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »
It'll be great when he gets further so we can stop talking so vaguely and really geek out about Hyper Police's awesomeness. I should re-read the mangas as well when I get the chance. All I can remember in good detail are my favorite naughty bits, a certain someone's children becoming little terrors, Natsuki's swimming lessons, and stuff with Samantha Gray and Angel.

Seriously, Micki!, draw Samantha once you get to her bits. She's as close to a lolli as this manga gets and I just love her!