Author Topic: Anime/Manga figures  (Read 71321 times)

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga figures
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2010, 07:01:08 AM »
i love figures, but i'm too reluctant to spend over 70 dollars for a highly detailed one. i do own some nice moderatly priced ones that are right above my desk. I currently own *pictures will be taken as soon as i find my damn camera*:

-The Yamato set of the six main excelsaga women
-The Yamato Nishiki figure (self explanitory)
-A Sega Haruhi figure
-The three girls from Read or Dream (Anita is the only one that has not needed maintenance ;_ ; )
-A set of small figures of the main girls from Higurashi
-A story image figure of Enishi from kenshin with his sword missing (f#@!$ing kids)
-Rin and Saber from fate/stay night
i had some smaller figures, but due to an unprecedented kid entrance into my room while i was away, a lot ended up unsalvageable

I'm worried about owning anymore figures in the future due to the threat of little brats, although that special edition nishiki is tempting...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:26:04 PM by Taste »

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2010, 02:08:10 PM »
^ You need anti-kiddy personnel mines.  I had that problem long ago when my nan decided to give my cousins who were wee tiddlers my bloody transformers, original gen 1, I will just say apart from scorpinok (head missing) no survived.

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2010, 11:05:14 PM »
Well, this is actually a newer problem. I was living with my grandmother for the past 4 years due to personal issues and we would barely have any visitors, and if we did have kids in the house they were very well behaved and stayed out of my room; but then my grandmother ended up being diagnosed with moderate alzheimers 3 months ago, and of course her family intervened and we ended up moving in with one of her grandsons. Now I'm meeting all sorts of family members that i never even knew i had, and of course that includes more younger members so it can be frustrating...especially when they're spoiled brats. My family won't even let me put a lock on my room, so this makes it even more problematic.  :icon_confused:

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2010, 09:22:23 AM »
I don't have that problem now luckley, if was about 10 years ago or more then I would of had the bothersom problem of cousins destroying my collectables, especiall when I was the age of 15 staying down my aunties, coming home from school and finding out the 2 youngest ones thought my sega master system was a toaster.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »
Finally have figma Rider as of last weekend... And it only came out of the box just a few minutes ago. Maaan, I must be slacking!

But this figure is amazingly done considering how the hair was designed and built around the poseability of the body in mind. Heck, Rider's hair is insanely long and had to have posed an interesting challange for the designers.. What exactly do you do with all that hair?? :elconfused:
Answer: You design it to be a combo of both hard and soft PVC and put two large portions of hair on balljoints.

Hmm... I may get back to this later. I'm checking out what hands to use to hold weapons... and to pose this (somewhat) properly so she doesn't look like rigor mortis has set in. :il_hahaha: Hey, she's been in her plastic tomb for a while. Stuff happens. :e_tongue:

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2010, 10:39:41 AM »
Bought myself the takara transformers decepticon tape gift set a nice little set with lazer beak, rumble and frenzy (they got the colours wrong in the cartoon) and some dinosaur cassette.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2010, 04:56:44 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOoooo!
Rei  - my mother killed her, dropped her on her head and sadly the work I need to do on her isn't worth the $20 I spent on her. My mother said she'd pay for it, but really, you can't pay for the hours of work I laboured. Rei was originally bought as a practise resin, but she truly is beautiful to me. But i'm okay with being a petulent child and just throw her away. Behold - my third kit, she has a thick paint look and if you looked at her closely, you'd see dark paint on her skin and dents and stuff, she's a monet, really.

Stuck  her in the scanner too :/

She's supposed to be holding an umbrella in her hand.

My first kit was chibi love hina naru and kitsune and a tifa recast that actually had an ill-fitting piece that forced me to throw her away.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2010, 03:10:18 PM »
^Ouch! That's too bad, Randamo. I can understand your pain with having that happen. I put a lot of effort into some car model kits which had a few accidents too. They're never quite the same once something happens to them.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2010, 08:28:52 PM »
I finished another figure. An old plastic figure of Aereis I won for $1 on eBay. I'm never doing a plastic figure again, resins for me. The base flips up at the end, which is annoying.

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2010, 08:10:20 AM »
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10109690

Just got it last Wednesday. I love this figure so much, but nearly all the pegs have snapped off yesterday after a few mishaps (D'OH!); the figure is in tact, but now it's held up by krazy glue. I'm a bit sad, but hey...Azunyan is Azunyan.

oh btw

LOL K-ON

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »
I finished another figure. An old plastic figure of Aereis I won for $1 on eBay. I'm never doing a plastic figure again, resins for me. The base flips up at the end, which is annoying.

For the price you paid, I'll bet it's a bootleg.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10109690

Just got it last Wednesday. I love this figure so much, but nearly all the pegs have snapped off yesterday after a few mishaps (D'OH!); the figure is in tact, but now it's held up by krazy glue. I'm a bit sad, but hey...Azunyan is Azunyan.

oh btw

LOL K-ON
What's impressing me the most is that it seems to have actual guitar strings in the pics. Wow...

Guitar strings are overlooked a lot on figure designs. I think this indicates manufacturers being lazy or simply cutting corners to keep the price lower.
Yeah, I'm very impressed by that guitar for sure.

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2010, 06:00:19 PM »
yea i was surprised too. the sega haruhi figure i have has her gibson, but no strings. then again it was a 25 dollar figure (still pretty good quality for the price). Azunyan is actually the first figure i've bought by alter. i'm really impressed by their quality (aside from the pegs). i'm actually considering ordering the hitagi senjougahara figure because of this (no more pre orders atm ;_;) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10117309

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »
^I've had my eye on that one as well. It's one of the most unique I've seen. All that stationary really looks like it's suspended in the air. Visually stunning.

Dusting it off might be a nightmare though. :il_hahaha:

As for Alter, I believe I have at least one figure by them, Ignis. The details it has far surpassed my expectations. My only disappointment is that the figure seems to now lean forward too much, but I blame myself by placing it on my old CRT monitor... it gave off a lot of heat. >_>

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2010, 05:21:43 AM »
For the price you paid, I'll bet it's a bootleg.

Nope, official Bandai box, colouring guide and everything - I feel sorry for the guy that sold it to me.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:23:36 AM by Randamo »

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2010, 06:14:04 AM »
^I've had my eye on that one as well. It's one of the most unique I've seen. All that stationary really looks like it's suspended in the air. Visually stunning.

Dusting it off might be a nightmare though. :il_hahaha:

Its called compressed air  :il_hahaha:

i'm actually more scared of losing or breaking the little stationary bits, oh and that dreaded heat problem....don't get me started  :e_crying:

I would have prefered a Nadeko Sengoku figure, but what the hell. I ? Bakemonogatari  :elpleased: