Author Topic: Anime/Manga figures  (Read 71221 times)

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga figures
« Reply #195 on: February 08, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM »
legalised copyright violation!

Twice a year, Japan legitamises fan-made or garage kits made of licenced characters for sale at Wonderfestival. As well, proper sculptors also preview future releases. That how it rolls, I think. If recasters get their filthy hand on these originals, they can reproduce hundreds more more sale.

I like it because you get to see some interesting stuff. I have my eye on a Kenshin Himura figure that'll be released soon. Looks like the anime version.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2011, 04:47:40 PM »
Wonderfestival is on boys and girls. Are any of you interested in that?
Yep, I like checking it out for anything unique. I was lucky to score two Winter Wonderfest exclusives from a couple years ago for relatively cheap prices. I think the bidders I was competing with on ebay were napping or something. O_o I'd never be THAT lucky again.

Really liking those Panty And Stocking figures! They'll be even nicer with a splash of color in the finished versions.
___
Got my figma Dead Master since last posting in this thread. She's just awesome! Deliciously awesome.. I don't know how else to descibe it. And while I don't have Black Rock Shooter herself, Dead Master still looks great as a stand alone.
However, >_>
<_<
the seller emailed me saying that figma Black Gold Saw was available for pre-ordering and.. well, stuff happened... Twist my rubber arm, why doncha?? Like sheeesh! Looks like I'll be getting that one as well. Damn it. :il_hahaha:
For more details, here's some linkage:

http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3005/figma+Black+Gold+Saw.html

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »
I really loved the look of the first black rock shooter, then the second was like "hmm, I like that pose... but I really like the other"and never ended up with one.
I'm not into the other versions. The other characters look too volatile for me.

Turbam!!!

• uh...
  • Emergency food supply
  • I'M A DOCTOR!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »
Wonderfestival is on boys and girls. Are any of you interested in that? Despite my decision to STOP BUYING more of these, they come up with such cool ones......

Here's for the Panty and Stocking fans

I am ready to dump all my savings.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2011, 04:53:29 PM »
I'm not into the other versions. The other characters look too volatile for me.
But that's what makes them cool. :e_tongue:

The first few figures coming out for PSG will be Nendoroids. Not a huge fan of Nendoroids myself but these have a good likeness to their 2D counterparts.

Check out Panty here..
and Stocking here..

They are apparently now both available for pre-ordering at your favorite retailer.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2011, 01:51:02 PM »
bought myself the luckystar x street fighter pack in a manga toy shop in picadilly circus london

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2011, 02:34:01 PM »
New figma on the way. I should be getting BRS2035 (aka: Black Rock Shooter: THE GAME) either this month or January.. January would be more realistic due to the heavy holiday shipping schedules in December. I find myself liking figma posable figures more than ever as there's so much flexability in how they can be displayed.

The BRS2035 design is based on her look from the Black Rock Shooter PSP game. She looked badass before. Now she's badass in a different way.

Meanwhile.. my nephew has the figma Black Rock Shooter Beast preordered for next month. Without a doubt it's a very unusual design which came about from a concept sketch by illustrator Huke, creator of BRS. To be accurate, this figma is a limited edition which comes as a bonus item from buying Huke's first published art book, 'BLK'. Can't wait to see this figma up close when he gets it!

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2011, 01:36:51 PM »
Bought myself A Domo Monster figure and Metal Sonic

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 25, 2011, 09:58:14 PM »
Been a while since I last talked about my resins to you all. Actually, *scratches head* I joined a forum connected to a figure store, so I've been mostly going there to talk figures.

But I finally got the Chouun I've always wanted. Here she is. I'll put her up again when I'm done.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »
^Nice! I'd like to get a Chouun figure sometime. She quickly became a favorite from Ikkitousen. I don't want something too perverted looking, though. The one in your photo is along the lines of what I'd like. Do keep us updated with your work!

-----------------
Well, it took a while but I got my BRS 2035 figma last weekend. Didn't get around to releasing her from her plastic and cardboard prison yet. :e_tongue:
But this future version of her has something interesting to note - Her scars appear to have been replaced with barcodes. O_o What I found funny about this is the lady I bought it from thought they were filmstrips. Well... I don't understand the new barcode look either, so... :il_hahaha:
I would also have to say that this Black Rock Shooter has a slight matured look to her face from the previous original figma release and has a better (IMO) refined design for that insanely large weapon, the Black Rock Cannon.

Oh, and she now has mechanical wing attachments. I saw some photos someplace where someone put Decepticon logo stickers on them. It actually looked kinda badass in a strange way, but.. considering BRS isn't supposed to be evil, it doesn't really work. lol!

Duomaxwe

• God of Death
  • Emergency food supply
  • God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 07, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »

Duomaxwe

• God of Death
  • Emergency food supply
  • God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »
Yes lol, there's some Excel figures at 1:10

Duomaxwe

• God of Death
  • Emergency food supply
  • God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2012, 08:53:39 AM »

I got some doujinshi today, it's not something I normally buy but there were several the mangaka of Excel Saga had made I wanted to get so when I bought them I decided to purchase a few others just out of interest as well.